The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ******* will hate it if it’s Candle.

Oh well!!!

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Gattis failed so badly I can’t agree. He was guaranteed to fail again if he stayed. We don’t know that about Candle let alone fail at the level Gattis did.

But he basically has failed at that level.

Candle takes the top recruiting class in the MAC every year and produces average to horrible offenses every year with them.

The best bet is he would do that at Miami as well. There’s no real reason to believe he’s going to come here and be some innovative guy and his offenses do a 180 and start producing.

And fine. Gattis was going to fail again. Guess what? We could fire him if he did.

Last year Toledo’s offense finished 80th in F+. Miami’s finished 88th.

If Candle comes in and produces another 80-something ranked offense at Miami in ‘23, is he getting fired? Not a chance in ****.

If you kept Gattis, and he produced another 80-something ranked offense, is he getting fired? Absolutely.

We’ve chained ourselves to an OC we can’t fire, but an OC that has basically only produced fireable offenses the last 6 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I notice you keep saying “seal the deal this time” which leads me to believe we missed on one big whale?
He’s probably referring to the fact that we missed on getting Candle last year… and then we ended up settling on Gattass.

Advertisement

Candle takes the top recruiting class in the MAC every year and produces average to horrible offenses every year with them.

The best bet is he would do that at Miami as well. There’s no real reason to believe he’s going to come here and be some innovative guy and his offenses do a 180 and start producing.

And fine. Gattis was going to fail again. Guess what? We could fire him if he did.

If Candle comes in and produces another 80-something ranked offense at Miami in ‘23, is he getting fired? Not a chance in ****.

If you kept Gattis, and he produced another 80-something ranked offense, is he getting fired? Absolutely.

We’ve chained ourselves to an OC we can’t fire, but an OC that has basically only produced fireable offenses the last 6 years.
But there’s no option. You couldn’t go into another year with Gattis regardless. He was toxic with players and staff and the worst OC we ever had. You don’t keep him another year, even if we like others better than Candle, you have to take your chances on a new OC.

Are these Gattis level offenses?

This is the last six years, the time period that you referenced. This is just total offense.

2017 - 6

2018 - 9

2019 - 75

2020 - 21

2021 - 27

2022 - 46

Not spectacular, one pretty bad year, two great years, two pretty good years and one mid year.

I mean, maybe I was reading the stats wrong, but that’s what I looked up and this is what I found.

Advertisement
Are these Gattis level offenses?

This is the last six years, the time period that you referenced. This is just total offense.

2017 - 6

2018 - 9

2019 - 75

2020 - 21

2021 - 27

2022 - 46

Not spectacular, one pretty bad year, two great years, two pretty good years and one mid year.

I mean, maybe I was reading the stats wrong, but that’s what I looked up and this is what I found.

You’re just using a different stat I don’t find particularly useful.

According to F+:

2022 offense was 80th.
2021 was 76.
2020 was 39
19 was 91
18 was 39
17 was 37
16 was 13

His best offense the last 5 years should only be acceptable when he’s breaking in a Fr QB here.
And there’s 3 offenses that should get him fired during that span.

He’s about as bad as it gets. And if we hire him, we’re stuck with him for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back