The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrestling wrestlers GIF

Advertisement
I encourage those who are unfamiliar with Candle to read the Toledo message board and get their fans’ perspective.

The majority see him as a mediocre to above average head coach whose career has stalled at Toledo. A move to a P5 program is probably in his best interest in terms of career trajectory. Candle is viewed as an ideal candidate for a program that is looking for an offensive coordinator, not a program looking for a new head coach that can also direct an offense. Candle struggles with the latter, but not the former. He is also known as somebody who can identify talent and recruits well on that side of the ball.

With that said, if Candle were to leave they would be split 50/50 on whether that was a good thing for their program. He would be missed by a signficant majority of fans for his offensive chops, but not for his overall performance.

Thankfully, he is being considered as an OC with head coaching experience. I should note that several fans think he lands at ND as their OC.
There’s a caveat not being mentioned - Notre Dame needs an OC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is there real juice to candle or more **** from clowns like canevilletrying to be social media influencers

I wouldn’t consider Chud innovative or some schematic mastermind. He was a solid play caller but had great talent and a coach at qb. Erickson drunk was more creative than most of our Oc’s.
So he was always and I mean always creative

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back