The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If it is Candle, I wonder if he brings Robert Weiner (QB Coach) with him as an analyst. Would be a great hire. Former Tampa Plant HS coach when Marve was there and also coached a bunch of other big time HS QBs. Has done a good job with DeQuan Finn so far.

WHAT?

Have you forgotten Weiner's hatred of UM?

Live look at Mario trying to 'get' his OC

Deadly-Tortoise-Hunting-Baby-Bird.gif
That’s Mario combing through CiS threads to see how the fans will react to potential OC hires.

there are at least two sources of info. mario and the OC candidate. we rely on mario which means we get nothing. other people could rely on the OC candidate.
But there can be ulterior motives for OC candidates to let info slip or position themselves in an unrealistic way. Not saying that’s what’s happening.

Advertisement

OK, so I have no idea if candle will be the guy or won’t be the guy, and it could be true that he could be very far down the path towards being one for a lot of the reasons mentioned here.

That said this 3rd rate new to the game “reporter” from a dead website that thought rebranding as “canesCOUNTY” was a good idea and who has been wrong more in less than a year on the job that even Ferman has been this decade is laughable and so wish casting Im stunned even for CIS

AGAIN, DONT EVER CHANGE CIS!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
there are at least two sources of info. mario and the OC candidate. we rely on mario which means we get nothing. other people could rely on the OC candidate.
Yeah, I mean it’$ not like an OC candidate (or agent) doesn’t have an ulterior motive, no matter what the Miami $ituation i$ to let their name get out into the proce$$ being a candidate or anything

hello new mexico

regardless of the inaccurate reporting, this much smoke on getting candle two years in a row, mario must really want this dude

Advertisement
Where’s the Frost stuff coming from? His side? Analyst?
I’ve heard Candle for a few days, he’s been the clear cut guy. I was referring to him Thursday when I posted about “ negotiations started “. There’s a reason I’ve been laughing at the names being thrown out and calling them” BS“. There’s only a few guys I know have been reached out to and I’ve mentioned or Insinuated two of them in this thread. Imo if it drags out much longer it’ll likely be a repeat of last year. Moving on to the next guy. One thing I‘ve been told is Mario isn’t set on a particular offense, even though most of us don’t buy that.

Last edited:
WHAT?

Have you forgotten Weiner's hatred of UM?
Bahhh!! Promised dollars and success can make those feelings evaporate pretty **** quickly. He's not a child. If this came together for Candle and he had an opportunity to go to the U, he'd be foolish not to do so.

Advertisement
I’ve heard Candle for a few days, he’s been the clear cut guy. I was referring to him Thursday when I posted about “ negotiations started “. There’s a reason I’ve been laughing at the names being thrown out and calling them” BS“. There’s only a few guys I know have been reached out to and I’ve mentioned or Insinuated two of them in this thread. Imo if it drags out much longer it’ll likely be a repeat of last year. Moving on to the next guy. One thing I‘ve been told is Mario isn’t set on a particular offense, even though most of us don’t buy that.
You know it all depends on how much introspection that man is capable of and how accountable he is willing to make himself to the other smart guys in the room. He wants to be the Cuban Saban...? Then, make the tough decisions that Nick has made in the last few years.

Nothing would bring a smile to Nick's face more than pounding the rock from an under-center I-formation, but he likes winning more than he's married to this traditional system. What we just don't know yet is whether or not Mario has the ability to hold himself that accountable. Is he so certain that his way is the only way he can succeed, or is he willing to die to some things so he can have Saban-esque success?

I guess we'll see in both this hire and how much he allows the next hire to run their own system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back