The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Riddle me this:

I’m what universe does Miami fire Gattis for alleged inappropriate behavior with students and then turn around and hire Frost, who supposedly was involved in the same kind of behavior (plus serious alcohol issues) at Nebraska? How does that work?

If Miami hires Frost, then that tells me that all the allegations about him were nothing more than make-believe message board nonsense.

I thought the only inappropriate behavior Gattis was fired for was on-field related?!?!?!

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
He does what good coaches do. He adapts to his talent.

In his early years at Oregon, they had Mariota, so of course his legs were a big part of the attack. But when he left, they got a kid named Vernon Adams who transferred in from an FCS school (Eastern Washington) and he was athletic, but he’s a pass first QB for sure. For example, Mariota ran for over 700 yards both of his last 2 seasons, Adams ran for less than 150.

But Oregon still had the 7th most YPP in the country and averaged almost 42 PPG with Adams.

Also, Milton averaged over 310 yards per game passing in the year they won their “national championship”. Not like he runs QB power every play.
This the content I’m here for.

Advertisement
I'm saying there are a lot of things involved here, and yet we have the same reactionary posters making blanket statements about how great a guy is, and how they just don't care about his past issues (a few weeks after roasting Mario for not paying attention to Gattis's past).

Look, I lived in Orlando when Scott Frost was at UCF. I **** well know what an excellent job he did there.

But the Nebraska firing AND TIMING is a major red flag. It came 3 games into the season. When Nebraska would have had a greatly reduced payout MERELY BY WAITING A FEW WEEKS. We've seen endless speculation by posters about how Miami was motivated by a saving a few bucks AND THAT WAS IN THE OFF-SEASON. But when problems in the offseason are not substantial enough to fire a head coach...but then when the issues become SO SUBSTANTIAL 3 games into the season that you can't possibly wait for 3 more games and a reduction in the payout...it is a huge waving bright red flag. Sorry, it is.

Lots of people acting like certain types of issues get solved in a few months. Sure. Whatever.

But Mario was at Alabama when this happened with Sarkisian:

View attachment 227884

So I think Mario has seen a situation where a guy might need to start out as, you know, SOMETHING LESS THAN OC.

Who knows. Mario's still going to do what he's going to do. But all this irrational exuberance over Frost getting a sole OC role is...a bit premature...

If Mario is Verbal Kint'ing everyone...I'll be very disappointed...but I'm not basing my analysis on tweets from paid media or superfans. Everyone knows I'm a 3x UM alum, so I'm talking with people who are very close to what's going on.

It's one thing for Mario to use paid media for a smokescreen. I would be very shocked for Mario to use alums and boosters as a smokescreen.

Which is the EXACT SAME REASON I told people that Gattis was gone months ago. Because the info wasn't from paid media.

We should know all the answers soon.
So Candle OC and Frost as an offensive analyst to give him a couple years to rehab his image behind the scenes? With his Nebraska buyout Id imagine we can get Frost here for a bargain price as an analyst?

Id love that scenario.

No but has Arroyo been?
Right, so I'm not sure the extreme response.

All Im saying is based on history, and trend, Mario is going to be Mario and he sees no reason to stray from what he is comfortable with just as Kirby didn't stray from the same kind of offense 3 coordinators in a row.

If I'm wrong, then tha k God, bc lordt knows I'm ready for something different.

I'm just not expecting it.

Advertisement
I'm saying there are a lot of things involved here, and yet we have the same reactionary posters making blanket statements about how great a guy is, and how they just don't care about his past issues (a few weeks after roasting Mario for not paying attention to Gattis's past).

Look, I lived in Orlando when Scott Frost was at UCF. I **** well know what an excellent job he did there.

But the Nebraska firing AND TIMING is a major red flag. It came 3 games into the season. When Nebraska would have had a greatly reduced payout MERELY BY WAITING A FEW WEEKS. We've seen endless speculation by posters about how Miami was motivated by a saving a few bucks AND THAT WAS IN THE OFF-SEASON. But when problems in the offseason are not substantial enough to fire a head coach...but then when the issues become SO SUBSTANTIAL 3 games into the season that you can't possibly wait for 3 more games and a reduction in the payout...it is a huge waving bright red flag. Sorry, it is.

Lots of people acting like certain types of issues get solved in a few months. Sure. Whatever.

But Mario was at Alabama when this happened with Sarkisian:

View attachment 227884

So I think Mario has seen a situation where a guy might need to start out as, you know, SOMETHING LESS THAN OC.

Who knows. Mario's still going to do what he's going to do. But all this irrational exuberance over Frost getting a sole OC role is...a bit premature...

If Mario is Verbal Kint'ing everyone...I'll be very disappointed...but I'm not basing my analysis on tweets from paid media or superfans. Everyone knows I'm a 3x UM alum, so I'm talking with people who are very close to what's going on.

It's one thing for Mario to use paid media for a smokescreen. I would be very shocked for Mario to use alums and boosters as a smokescreen.

Which is the EXACT SAME REASON I told people that Gattis was gone months ago. Because the info wasn't from paid media.

We should know all the answers soon.
Never did I say "Frost" as a sole OC....You may actually be right in regards to him being less than a OC....The person who texted me (and you know him) said, Frost. In what capacity??...Have no idea. I was busy cleaning my GFs Parrot cage out (little ******* bit me...Lol) and I never got back to him in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back