The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who knows the Frost offensive system explain to me how a qb like TVD will work in it? Isn't a majority of the system the qb running?

Advertisement
I would be happy with this hire. I think most would. Is it going to generate significant excitement amongst recruits and potential transfers? Might take some marketing of his past success, since it may not be fresh, but he is going to bring a great deal of optimism in general. Welp, lets see if it holds true.
The cool thing about this hire (I hope so), that nobody has mentioned, is that he won't have establish relationships with all of the High School coaches in Florida. He's already knows em..... more importantly, they know him.

Advertisement
Can someone who knows the Frost offensive system explain to me how a qb like TVD will work in it? Isn't a majority of the system the qb running?
Not quite - frosts system is a spread RPO, ground game and pass first before QB option. Mackenzie Milton was a magician in the pocket in this system but I like TVD more as a Mariota comp INSIDE Frost’s system. Mariota was feasting under Frost in ‘13 & ‘14.

Not quite - frosts system is a spread RPO, ground game and pass first before QB option. Mackenzie Milton was a magician in the pocket in this system but I like TVD more as a Mariota comp INSIDE Frost’s system. Mariota was feasting under Frost in ‘13 & ‘14.
Good info. And the good thing is that MC is significantly bulking up the offensive line which always seemed to be the barrier to success against Bama, Georgia, Clemson, and the other big boys. If Frost can get his system cooking and we have enough skill and bulk to slow down the big boy defenses we will be onto something in Coral Gables.

That kid decommitted from Ohio state and is a Nebraska legacy
well in that case, he may be committed to the school and not the coach.... but you would still have to think that our chances to sign him are better. We went from 0% chance to now 2%. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
probably not. decommitted from OSU, he's a Nebraska legacy with family on staff and the Frost off-field rumors got loud because he supposedly missed a meeting with Raiola and family because he was too Buzz(Lightyear'd) 😂

again, rumors but thats one of the various ones out there.

That particular rumor isn't true but frosty definitely wasn't as involved as one would think.

Good info. And the good thing is that MC is significantly bulking up the offensive line which always seemed to be the barrier to success against Bama, Georgia, Clemson, and the other big boys. If Frost can get his system cooking and we have enough skill and bulk to slow down the big boy defenses we will be onto something in Coral Gables.
Yep, I agree. Not to mention Frost loves to change his pace of play and I think that’s a contributing factor to his offenses success. Gives defenses less time to adjust to formations and personnel

He does what good coaches do. He adapts to his talent.

In his early years at Oregon, they had Mariota, so of course his legs were a big part of the attack. But when he left, they got a kid named Vernon Adams who transferred in from an FCS school (Eastern Washington) and he was athletic, but he’s a pass first QB for sure. For example, Mariota ran for over 700 yards both of his last 2 seasons, Adams ran for less than 150.

But Oregon still had the 7th most YPP in the country and averaged almost 42 PPG with Adams.

Also, Milton averaged over 310 yards per game passing in the year they won their “national championship”. Not like he runs QB power every play.

Advertisement
There's no ifs....
You forgot a word at the end.

2D81A0EE-896A-48D6-810F-2BF1673B7609.gif

Advertisement
Lol Ferman literally made a post less than 24 hours ago basically saying Frost is out and we can forget about him. How hilarious would that ******* be if that man gets announced this weekend 😭😭😭😭.
He would pivot the way JWs do and say Mario personally told him to throw everyone off the scent and that he and his great reporting figured it out first. Mario was so impressed with him…

well in that case, he may be committed to the school and not the coach.... but you would still have to think that our chances to sign him are better. We went from 0% chance to now 2%. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
How? He was never committed to frost nor Nebraska, he was only ever linked to Nebraska after frost got fired and after he decommitted from Ohio state

I’m not saying we don’t have a shot i guess I just don’t see how us having frost helps (other than having a legit offense for once and being a more attractive destination) anything as frost didn’t have anything going for him with this kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back