The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's official.

What is the purpose of this Tweet if you are Jackson? "Hey everyone, I'm a journalist who actually gets paid to cover the University of Miami football team. I have literally no information on the Offensive Coordinator search but here's some news from a website that may or may not be true but I'm sharing it regardless without doing any vetting, and I'll just add that Mario likes to conduct his search in private." Pulitzer worthy stuff.

The replies to that Tweet are pretty good though.

Advertisement
What is the purpose of this Tweet if you are Jackson? "Hey everyone, I'm a journalist who actually gets paid to cover the University of Miami football team. I have literally no information on the Offensive Coordinator search but here's some news from a website that may or may not be true but I'm sharing it regardless without doing any vetting, and I'll just add that Mario likes to conduct his search in private." Pulitzer worthy stuff.

The replies to that Tweet are pretty good though.
he got paid to report someone else's **** while we do it for no return. he won

Advertisement
they reported the candle stuff first I believe.
Not doubting the legitimacy of what they know. But the actual article has no info beyond Mario and Nuss (or his rep?) speaking. That doesnt necessarily mean anything more than Nuss reached out to gauge interest.

You’re such a **** with a reading comprehension issue as I in no wqy am sucking Mario’s balls they way you blow
giphy-16.gif

Advertisement
This is almost certainly Nuss's agent trying to drum up interest for him. Y'all know how this industry works by now if you've been lurking here long enough. You should know by now that if the name is out there from our media, Mario's probably either rejected them or their agent is trying to apply public pressure. Patience, my friends. Cribby has not sounded the alarm, Ruiz says we'll be pleased, it's time to set aside our anxieties and wait for the shoe to drop before we start judging.

They are a source but the reality is all they have is that Mario may have spoken with Nuss. Nothing on who reached out to who. Whether the talks were anything more than a short discussion vs. an interview type of situation. The rest of the article is nothing more than their take on why it might make sense and how the two are connected from the past. But now with others re-reporting this one little story it will blow up into people saying they are hearing everywhere that Nuss is a likely candidate.

I think this is the first of the candidates they have actually written about. Nothing on Frost or Candle. Not that they may not have been candidates, but the fact they throw this out now means they have some verified sources they rely on and trust.

And you are correct. All it means is they have talked but it's more than what we have got from other potential candidates. There must be something to it imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back