Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably.

licensed-image
Oh **** you gonna be in trouble homie!

The plodding pistol never fails!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. My concern is that the WR coach needs to be an ace recruiter. He must connect with kids and posses a proven track record of developing kids for the NFL. You need this from your WR coach (not as much from your OC).

Gattis failed miserably at both OC and WR coach. We are now seeing the impact of that failure on our roster.
While blaming Gattis is right and everyone should take their shots, he spent less than a full year at Miami. Our WR issues go beyond him and really stretch back into the Diaz/Richt era. Dugans and Likens can get some slander too for recruiting misses.

If Coach Mario will field a good/elite offense and stop to get in his own way I'm sure Recruiter Mario will be able to land elite WRs.
Agreed. Beard may not be known as an elite recruiter, but if Mario and Candle are. Pair that with more wins and a more productive offense, and the WRs will come. IF Candle is the choice at OC I trust him to pick his own WR coach, Beard or someone else.

If you remove the fact that Beard played for Miami we would all be livid if he was the next WR coach
Even if Candle is the pick and he wants to bring somebody familiar with his system with him? Yes, this is rhetorical.

That is an accurate summary.

However, what nobody is mentioning, is that Candle is a WR coach by trade. If he were to come, he is most likely OC/WR. Candle has never been QB coach. So Beard is unlikely.

The coach to follow would most likely be Weiner. The Co-OC/QB coach. Was the HC at Plant HS (Tampa) for over a decade. Developed Robert Marve and Aaron Murray along with some others. So coaches QB, knows Candles system, was the #4 recruiter in the MAC, and has ties to Tampa.

He would be much more logical than Beard.
According to his bio, Candle coached QBs 2014-2015 (he was AHC/OC/QB)

Advertisement
Oh **** you gonna be in trouble homie!

The plodding pistol never fails!
I'm just joking around at this point. The fact that Arroyo hasn't already been announced gives me some hope that he's not the choice. Would love Frost, Mullen, or Littrell but I'd be satisfied with Candle or Ludwick. We could definitely do worse than those guys.

Advertisement
I'm just joking around at this point. The fact that Arroyo hasn't already been announced gives me some hope that he's not the choice. Would love Frost, Mullen, or Littrell but I'd be satisfied with Candle or Ludwick. We could definitely do worse than those guys.
Yea id be cool with candle or ludwig. Hopefully mario stays out of their way.

Advertisement
While blaming Gattis is right and everyone should take their shots, he spent less than a full year at Miami. Our WR issues go beyond him and really stretch back into the Diaz/Richt era. Dugans and Likens can get some slander too for recruiting misses.

Completely fair post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back