The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He gonna be a NFL OC next year. Also he left UF with Mullen there (his mentor) why would he come back to college rn after just raising his stock enormously with hurts’ development. That being said he’d be an absolutely massive W if we could somehow get him

For whatever reason i thought he left when Mullen got canned. But yeah its the same way I feel about Joe Brady. Both are going to get NFL OC options in the near to immediate future. Don't see them going back to college but if they do it would be a home run hire.

1675288980922.png

Advertisement
Another coach with ties to Joe Moorhead and Mario.
Runs a nice offense at Montana State.

He may be looking to get out of there, they’ve had a lot of attrition on that side of the ball after their unceremonious asskicking in the FCS playoffs. That said, I’d take Iaone from there on the D side as a sort of package deal.

Had the whole Moo U connection with Erickson and his group once upon a time, after all.

Lumping Ludwig in with Arroyo and Gattis is inaccurate and lazy. He’s the one of the few guys that are equally creative in the run and passing game

They averaged 39ppg in 2022 ; 36.5ppg in 2021

Both years they were approx 50% on 3rd down conversion

If Miami lands him, I will be the President of the “I told you so” club in October

He's so legit.

Scoring offense:
2022 -- 14th
2021 -- 13th
2020 -- 48th
2019 -- 28th

YPP:
2022 -- 23rd
2021 -- 25th
2020 -- 47th
2019 -- 17th

3rd down conversions:
2022 -- 7th
2021 -- 7th
2020 -- 85th
2019 -- 18th

Red Zone TD%:
2022 -- 12th
2021 -- 6th
2020 -- 73rd
2019 -- 26th

The Covid year wasn't great. The other 3, pretty much sensational across the board. If you want a dude who is gonna come in and throw it 50 times a game, he's not your guy. If you want someone who will take advantage of a massive and physical OL, punch you in the mouth, and coordinate an efficient, potent, cohesive unit who looks competent in all phases, he can and will do that. We will look WELL COACHED. And he doesn't run everything super tight. They play with pace and space. It's not Lashlee, but they ran 72 plays a game this past season. That's not plodding. They get their QB in the gun. But they make you defend everyone on the field and they are very creative, especially on short yardage. I don't think any of the mouth breathers here or on twitter would go bonkers for this guy, but that's probably a good thing. He'd just be a really solid hire and our offense would be well coached and efficient overnight. Give him some NFL offensive linemen and look out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First, there is no confirmation he actually spoke to either. People are just throwing out names.

Second, even if he did talk with them, it doesn't necessarily change the bro style narrative. If he did talk with both, then they turned him down. Maybe one reason is they didn't trust that Cristobal would give them total autonomy to run their system.
Or maybe one of them wanted to stay head coach, and the other one got promoted to stay at his own school that he played at but yeah keep making it simpleton, you keep going with your ******* narrative

Lumping Ludwig in with Arroyo and Gattis is inaccurate and lazy. He’s the one of the few guys that are equally creative in the run and passing game

They averaged 39ppg in 2022 ; 36.5ppg in 2021

Both years they were approx 50% on 3rd down conversion

If Miami lands him, I will be the President of the “I told you so” club in October
No my comments about him were not inaccurate and lazy. I said if you are looking for speed, space, and pace he isn't that, and alot of people want that.

He is in the Gattis, Arroyo, Moorhead arena as an OC. I didn't say he was a bad OC, I said I liked the guy. When I say arena I mean stylistically and formation wise. He may be above those other names In terms of coordinating and play calling an offense.

People are going to be disappointed if he was our OC, and first game they see a condensed formation as his sets and formations are similar to the other names.

What is the reason for Brain Johnson only being a oc for one year each time he is OC. Head Coaching changes after each year or something else?

Advertisement
My friend this is a very timely and well placed gif given the ****-show this thread has spiraled into, well done. I know you haven't fared well in the '22 EoY awards, but The Committee is watching.

spoiler GIF

(Doubt you'll win anything in 23 either though)
Ive decided to take marios approach. I sucked in 2022. Didnt win much. Im not gonna change much of **** and hope for better results in 2023.

Lets see how it plays out.

Advertisement
He hasn’t been a name I’ve heard on the play caller side of things. Even though I take all the names with a grain of salt. There’s only one name I know for a fact has been reached out to and that info isn’t from the Miami side. The rest of the names are just rumors and I won’t play that this go round.
B2A1B299-2B4D-4991-B646-2370D976F7B1.jpeg

So first CIS derailed the offensive coordinator is fired thread and now CIS derails the who’s going to be the new offensive coordinator to be hired thread. At least you wack jobs are consistent.

fire abandon thread GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back