The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team on the rise?!?! They went 9-4 two years ago to 7-6 this year. I know you are in Germany, but in the States, that is not a rise.......
I think he means this season forward. Got a great OC, loaded up on skill players in the portal etc.

Advertisement
As I recall, Utah played without their number one weapon (Kincaid); the game was tied at 21 at halftime and then their stud QB got hurt in the 3rd quarter and they didn't score again. Just seems important to consider. I really like the way Utah plays and how they get every inch of talent out of their roster; I think we need to find someone who has proven they can do more with less and Ludwig fits the bill.
I also feel that Ludwig isn't a guy looking to jump from place to place. I feel like if he is the guy, he could be a coordinator that could stay a while

Advertisement
Ludwig runs a "bro style" type offense for all those clamoring for speed, space, and pace

Very similar formations to Arroyo, Gattis, etc...

I do think he is a solid OC

As I recall, Utah played without their number one weapon (Kincaid); the game was tied at 21 at halftime and then their stud QB got hurt in the 3rd quarter and they didn't score again. Just seems important to consider. I really like the way Utah plays and how they get every inch of talent out of their roster; I think we need to find someone who has proven they can do more with less and Ludwig fits the bill.

Manny is still playing with someone elses recruits too. Wait until his amazing evaluations take shape and truly his team is playing D.....

Advertisement
My concern with Ludwig is Manny Diaz stopped his offense to an extent in rose bowl.
he was missing his best receiving weapon + Cam Rising only played a half. Utah also had their top corner opt out and he was from LA; not that it has anything to do with the offense, but you question the actual team's motivation levels if they have hometown kids opting out of the game.

Again not making excuses, just food for thought. I personally think he's an amazing coach. Utah scored 30+ in 24/33 games in the three years since he returned and had a 1K rusher each season. Averaged 37.1 ppg in 2021, 38.4 this year.

I also feel that Ludwig isn't a guy looking to jump from place to place. I feel like if he is the guy, he could be a coordinator that could stay a while
He hasn't stayed anywhere for over 4 years I dont believe but in this day and age 4 years is a eternity for a coordinator to stay in one place. If could get him here for 4 years though that would definitely be more then any of the recent OC's

Money talks and bull walks. U can get better players at Miami. U wanna live comfy and be ok with winning the division, get smoked by Ohio and Michigan then play in a decent bowl game....based on recent history, go to Wisconsin. Players win games, thats why Miami is a better job than Wisconsin and Nebraska types. Sorry to burst your bubble. They were being run well when we were the definition of ineptitude. They havent won a single conference title in that time period. So what exactly makes them much better than Miami, Miami willing to spend money like them?
This is revisionist history. Fact is Miami football has been competively irrelevant for all but one year in the last two decades. It is one of the factors NFL draft stock has been just slightly North of Brock Purdy territory.

Advertisement
My friend this is a very timely and well placed gif given the ****-show this thread has spiraled into, well done. I know you haven't fared well in the '22 EoY awards, but The Committee is watching.

spoiler GIF

(Doubt you'll win anything in 23 either though)

Advertisement
This is not true, as of right now, Wisconsin is a program on the rise and Miami is at the start of a rebuild.

Above average coordinators? Who in the last ten years got one straight after working here.

And you know he didn't get any HC offers from where?
1) Miami is a rebuild but not the program that just fired their coach? Both are rebuilds

2) Miami has only had four above average coordinators the last 20 years (Shannon, Fisch, Lashlee and Diaz) all four had HC offers or became HCs directly from UM.

- Diaz gets temple HC job (which quickly became P5 job at UM)
- Lashlee to SMU
- Shannon as HC at UM
- Fisch became OC in NFL (had HC offers for college).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back