The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree & If it was me I would...

It just depends on how much the new team is willing to pay of the buyout & whether or not the Coach wants that kinda setup or not. Some Coaches don’t mind taking a break for a season or two & just collect money while either having a less demanding role as an analyst or doing TV. Like Herman, Mullen, Fedora & several others have all done when they were fired.

Not that it matters a ton, but Littrell has an attribute that few other coaches can say, that matches Mario and his background

Both played for top 20 football programs and won a championship…. Littrell was team captain on the 2000 Oklahoma team that win the natty

Advertisement
Scott Frost - Co-OC/QB Coach
Seth Littrell - Co-OC/Run Game Coordinator/TE Coach
Stacy Coley - WR Coach
Kevin Smith - RB Coach
Alex Mirabal - OL Coach

Geoff Collins - Co-DC/Safeties
Charlie Strong - Co-DC/LB Coach
Joe Salvea - IDL Coach
Rod Wright - ODL Coach
DVD - CB Coach

OFF Field: Kevin Steele (Analyst), Dennis Smith (Recruiting/Analyst), Stephen Field (Recruiting/Analyst), Mike Rumph (Recruiting/Analyst), Jason Taylor (Analyst), Marwan Maalouf (ST Analyst), Marcus Arroyo (Analyst), Jeff Popovich (Analyst)
I had no idea Stacy Coley was coaching.

Advertisement
Honestly, this would make the delay make a lot more sense. If MC is doing true due diligence on Scott Frost then I can see why it would drag out this long. I have no inside information but it would make sense to me.
Definitely has to make sure he's a good fit and can resist the temptations of Miami

Advertisement
If its for cause, then its for cause. He must have breached the terms of his employment agreement. I suppose they could argue some sort of unfair enforcement of the agreement based on ulterior motive. But can't the school just respond by saying that we started looking because of those 'bad acts'? Though another point contrary is that the school may have a duty to let the HR procedure play out--but I don't know how much water that holds.

Either way, Mario was 100% working back channels and not leaving a paper trail--I believe he is smart enough to do that.

This.

Advertisement
I was watching a Bucs game this season and a stat they used to analyze offensive production was Points Per Minute. The goals is 1 PPM. If TOS was 35 minutes, they wanted 35 points. A lower PPM indicates inefficiency and a higher PPM reveals explosive plays that lead to points, like a 2-3 minute drive for a TD.
I remember the 2001 team had a crazy stat I believe they had the most scoring drives in like 2 mins…I don’t remember the stat exactly

This has some legs but to me it’s dumb. Mario Cristobal got rid of Josh Gattis quite honestly because his lack of recent success on offense was going to hurt recruiting and already hurt the ability to lure some elite WRs that they struck out on. So why replace him with the disgraced Nebraska head coach who couldn’t put together any sort of offense in the Big Ten? If I was an opposing team I’d use this as negative recruiting fodder over and over again. It would not be a smart hire.
This is a really dumb take by Farrell. So are we just ignoring all of the success he had prior to the Nebraska job? By this logic Saban should never have hired Sarkisian or Kiffin after they were fired from their last jobs.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back