Stacy Coley - WR Coach
Kevin Smith - RB Coach
Alex Mirabal - OL Coach

Geoff Collins - Co-DC/Safeties
Charlie Strong - Co-DC/LB Coach
Joe Salvea - IDL Coach
Rod Wright - ODL Coach
DVD - CB Coach

OFF Field: Kevin Steele (Analyst), Dennis Smith (Recruiting/Analyst), Stephen Field (Recruiting/Analyst), Mike Rumph (Recruiting/Analyst), Jason Taylor (Analyst), Marwan Maalouf (ST Analyst), Marcus Arroyo (Analyst), Jeff Popovich (Analyst)
Stacy Coley??

Scott Frost - Co-OC/QB Coach
Seth Littrell - Co-OC/Run Game Coordinator/TE Coach
Stacy Coley - WR Coach
Kevin Smith - RB Coach
Alex Mirabal - OL Coach

Geoff Collins - Co-DC/Safeties
Charlie Strong - Co-DC/LB Coach
Joe Salvea - IDL Coach
Rod Wright - ODL Coach
DVD - CB Coach

OFF Field: Kevin Steele (Analyst), Dennis Smith (Recruiting/Analyst), Stephen Field (Recruiting/Analyst), Mike Rumph (Recruiting/Analyst), Jason Taylor (Analyst), Marwan Maalouf (ST Analyst), Marcus Arroyo (Analyst), Jeff Popovich (Analyst)
Had anyone on this offensive staff ever coached together (besides smith and mirabal)? We have to let whoever the oc is bring in their own assistant or two. We saw first hand on both sides of the ball how hard it is for coaches to teach a system they are learning for the first time too.

Advertisement
He interviewed for the TCU job, but Dykes wound up going with Kendal Briles.

I really hope Mario considers & hires him, because otherwise I would hate to see USF or UTEP snatch him up before us.

I could also see him waiting to see what happens with Lebby at Oklahoma, because that would be an ideal landing spot for him as well.

He’s also still owed about $1.6mill from his buyout at North Texas because he signed an extension that was supposed to run through Jan 2024 & they fired him in December of 2022. That’s not much money to overcome & it could easily be paid by whichever team wants to hire him, but he’s pretty much guaranteed 1.6-1.8mill this year whether he gets a job or not, so I could see him going to a team in an analyst role if a job he likes doesn’t present itself.
Littrell would be a homerun hire, IMO. I really hope he is on Mario's short list.

At what point did he start taking too long to hire the next OC? Gattis was fired Friday. If he's taking too long in your opinion, when was he supposed to have it done by? Sunday?

Giving him one to two weeks after the official firing (formal interviews probably weren't happening prior to the job opening) seems reasonable. Ideally would like it done before signing day
This comment assumes that the decision to fire Gattis was not made months ago. I disagree. I believe that Mario told him to look for a job a long time ago--and I think Gattis couldn't (or refused) to find job. Mario was then forced to fire him.

You have to be willfully ignorant to believe that Mario wasn't already looking before he officially fired Gattis.

I love the Eagles QB coach route if you could even get that guy to interview. At this point he keeps it up and he can be an NFL OC in a couple years. And I don’t think we can afford to wait on him after SB, then get turned down and THEN go to option 2,3,4 with 2 weeks left until spring practice lol

Bring me Scott Frost please.

Advertisement
He’s also still owed about $1.6mill from his buyout at North Texas because he signed an extension that was supposed to run through Jan 2024 & they fired him in December of 2022. That’s not much money to overcome & it could easily be paid by whichever team wants to hire him, but he’s pretty much guaranteed 1.6-1.8mill this year whether he gets a job or not, so I could see him going to a team in an analyst role if a job he likes doesn’t present itself.
I have never understood this... I get the concept that North Texas has to pay him the difference, but is there anything stopping him from taking a salary for $100K (or something else incredibly low) to be the OC at Miami (or wherever) in the first couple of years so that he is getting the same total money and Miami is getting a deal? Is there language in the contract about a fair market rate or it is just considered bush league of another school to do that?

This comment assumes that the decision to fire Gattis was not made months ago. I disagree. I believe that Mario told him to look for a job a long time ago--and I think Gattis couldn't (or refused) to find job. Mario was then forced to fire him.

You have to be willfully ignorant to believe that Mario wasn't already looking before he officially fired Gattis.
here is your answer

I have never understood this... I get the concept that North Texas has to pay him the difference, but is there anything stopping him from taking a salary for $100K (or something else incredibly low) to be the OC at Miami (or wherever) in the first couple of years so that he is getting the same total money and Miami is getting a deal? Is there language in the contract about a fair market rate or it is just considered bush league of another school to do that?

he can't take the job and be paid $1, that would likely violate the contract, there is an obligation to act reasonably and in good faith.

Advertisement
Agreed

Someone needs to tell Mario that Points are more important than time of possession

And scoring lots of tuddies brings in recruits
I was watching a Bucs game this season and a stat they used to analyze offensive production was Points Per Minute. The goals is 1 PPM. If TOS was 35 minutes, they wanted 35 points. A lower PPM indicates inefficiency and a higher PPM reveals explosive plays that lead to points, like a 2-3 minute drive for a TD.

Advertisement
I was watching a Bucs game this season and a stat they used to analyze offensive production was Points Per Minute. The goals is 1 PPM. If TOS was 35 minutes, they wanted 35 points. A lower PPM indicates inefficiency and a higher PPM reveals explosive plays that lead to points, like a 2-3 minute drive for a TD.
One of my last years coaching, a college coach was telling me that they track Points per snap. In 2016 my school ave a TD every 8 snaps (or something stupid like that)

They were talking about not letting tempo or TOP be the end all be all. About maximizing your snaps.

Usually, they put offsetting language in contracts that if/when a guy gets fired before his contract is up that if he takes a new job that it has to be negotiated between the new team & the old team as to how the remaining payouts of the buyout will be compensated between the 2 programs.

Basically, the new program would essentially have to pickup the tab for the buyout if they were to hire the coach in a full time capacity. It’s their way to protect from having to pay a salary of a coach that’s coaching on another team.

It’s why a lot of coaches who get fired just go become an analyst for a season or 2 on another college team, go to the NFL or go do TV, because the language in their buyout explicitly states that if they get a new job as a full-time on field position coach it basically nullifies the contract & they don’t have to pay the full buyout amount.

First of all no, it hasn't steadily increased, it had its peaks and drops, second of all, they allow 20 points a game AT MOST.

I've already proven that the type of offense and TOP has no impact on defensive football. It has nothing to do with it. Its mindblowing that people think running the football helps your defense. It doesn't.

I am not trying to prove or disprove, I am just saying that in '16 and '17, they were giving up 11ppg. They are now at 21ppg. Numbers don't lie, offense quick striking is most certainly going to press your defense more.
Again, I am all for the quick strike offense coming to Miami, but to say it has no effect on your D is just BS. Even with the elite of elite defenders like Bama gets, they are up 10ppg since they started striking faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back