The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it is so clearly not true and the fact that people just take it and run with it shows where critical thinking is in our country.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
Yes, their defenses are still elite, thanks to nothing but 5*'s, but since 2016, they have steadily given up more points each year as they started winging the ball around.
First of all no, it hasn't steadily increased, it had its peaks and drops, second of all, they allow 20 points a game AT MOST.

I've already proven that the type of offense and TOP has no impact on defensive football. It has nothing to do with it. Its mindblowing that people think running the football helps your defense. It doesn't.

Has Seth Littrell been rumored to interview for any OC job yet, just curious would think other teams would be interested in him as OC if he wants to be a OC

Advertisement
Brian Johnson would be a home run hire! That should be our top candidate, he checks all the boxes.

OC/QB Coach
Play calling experience
Elite recruiter
Experience recruiting Florida
Young and Innovative

He's a Dan Mullen disciple and would bring that type of offense to South Florida and hes an amazing recruiter, here's who he landed at UF while only being there 3 years.

Jason Marshall 5 Star CB
Xavier Henderson Top 100 WR
Emory Jones Top 100 QB
Anthony Richardson QB
Corey Collier Top 100 Safety
Nayquan Wright 4 star RB

He also landed another 4 4star recruits. He played an important role in helping Jalen Hurts develop into a MVP caliber QB. This is the guy you back up the brinks truck for, he's everything we are looking for.

I remember former AD Sam J said he always kept a short list of coaching candidates ready, in case he needed to replace a HC. He’s not wondering what to do if the time came. Schelly left, and Sam was always impressed with JJ. JJ left, and Erickson was on the list. This doesn’t mean the process happens overnight, of course.

I’m curious how many candidates Mario has on his short list. As analytical as he his I’d find it hard to believe he just started compiling a list of names the day Gattis was fired.

That's like me keeping a list of eating places ready in my car. ... just in case

Honestly I'm more concerned about the tempo Mario wants to play at more than Power spread
Yea. I trust simple installs and 1/2-reads over complicated terminology and full field reads, and I trust spread over condensed, but the one thing I legit think will not work at the highest level in the modern meta is a philosophy of burning clock from the jump and trying to shorten the game and have long plodding drives all the time. These big boy games are in the 30s and 40s very often now.

I hope Saban hires Arroyo because seeing the meltdown here would be the entertainment I need to get through an otherwise s h!tty day.
Well, the quote by the Bama staff writer saying Saban says he is in no rush to hire an OC and wants to take his time and be thorough, is amusing. Attribute that same tactic to Mario and many on here would be attacking Mario for it.

Advertisement
Well, the quote by the Bama staff writer saying Saban says he is in no rush to hire an OC and wants to take his time and be thorough, is amusing. Attribute that same tactic to Mario and many on here would be attacking Mario for it.
6-7 national titles versus zero. when you have THAT many titles, you are free to do whatever you want whenever you want.

Brian Johnson would be a home run hire! That should be our top candidate, he checks all the boxes.

OC/QB Coach
Play calling experience
Elite recruiter
Young and Innovative

He's a Dan Mullen disciple and would bring that type of offense to South Florida and hes an amazing recruiter, here's who he landed at UF while only being there 3 years.

Jason Marshall 5 Star CB
Emory Jones Top 100 QB
Anthony Richardson QB
Nayquan Wright 4 star RB

He also landed another 4 4star recruits. He played an important role in helping Jalen Hurts develop into a MVP caliber QB. This is the guy you back up the brinks truck for, he's everything we are looking for.
He’s going to get an NFL OC job, maybe the Panthers

Advertisement

OC/QB Coach
Play calling experience
Elite recruiter
Young and Innovative

Jason Marshall 5 Star CB
Emory Jones Top 100 QB
Anthony Richardson QB
Nayquan Wright 4 star RB

Don't forget, he had Jacurri leaning UF pretty heavily early in his recruitment. He came back around to UM and Lashlee only after Johnson took the job in Philly. He knows what UM has in Jacurri and what his potential is with the right coaching.

I remember former AD Sam J said he always kept a short list of coaching candidates ready, in case he needed to replace a HC. He’s not wondering what to do if the time came. Schelly left, and Sam was always impressed with JJ. JJ left, and Erickson was on the list. This doesn’t mean the process happens overnight, of course.

I’m curious how many candidates Mario has on his short list. As analytical as he his I’d find it hard to believe he just started compiling a list of names the day Gattis was fired.
Yea. I trust simple installs and 1/2-reads over complicated terminology and full field reads, and I trust spread over condensed, but the one thing I legit think will not work at the highest level in the modern meta is a philosophy of burning clock from the jump and trying to shorten the game and have long plodding drives all the time. These big boy games are in the 30s and 40s very often now.
Agreed

Someone needs to tell Mario that Points are more important than time of possession

And scoring lots of tuddies brings in recruits

Advertisement
I'm not sure people are being realistic with the timeline for hiring an OC considering when Gattis was officially fired. Interviews need to be conducted thereafter and a decision from both parties needs to be made before finalizing a deal. What if Mario already has a guy, but he's waiting for HR/agents and lawyers to approve the hire/contract?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back