The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wholeheartedly agree. The odds of us poaching any sitting major P5 OC gotta be close to zero.
I'm not a total mope, there are a lot of things in our favor too just not enough to pull a guy who is crushing it at Ohio State in the same position.

Positives are we appear to be paying people very well, we're in a recruiting hotbed and Mario will recruit well, TVD has shown promise with an OC already, we have more talent than most of the teams we play against.

We should be able to get someone capable who wants to take a bet on themselves. Mario will probably need to assure them that they'll have control over the offense though I'm assuming

Advertisement
I wholeheartedly agree. The odds of us poaching any sitting major P5 OC gotta be close to zero.
We definitely could poach quite a few P5 OCs. No matter how bad we’ve played we still are an attractive opening (future elite OL and still has ability to attract top athletes) plus we our spending a lot rn.

Advertisement
Your schtick is getting old.

Go look at his past body of work on the offensive end. He’s not bringing Grantham, and he’s not in charge of recruiting.

Go look at offensive numbers only, and with what personnel he had.

To reiterate @brock’s post, you’re verifiably insane if you don’t think he’s an elite play caller.

I would do dirty things for him to be in CG.
I've been steadfastly against Mullen for months. By all means welcome in another coach who doesn't connect with his players, has an ego the size of a Gainesville Walmart, and hates to recruit.

It's literally like some of y'all hear a name you recognize and tunnel your entire vision solely on their positives. If Mullen was only the virtues you're listing, then great. The problem is he's a lot more than that.

Your schtick is getting old.

Go look at his past body of work on the offensive end. He’s not bringing Grantham, and he’s not in charge of recruiting.

Go look at offensive numbers only, and with what personnel he had.

To reiterate @brock post, you’re verifiably insane if you don’t think he’s an elite play caller.

I would do dirty things for him to be in CG.

confirmed. don't be afraid or ashamed.

I hated Enos and Gattis before they ever called a play here. Sometimes I'm actually right.
You were not alone either

In all seriousness I think it’s easy to get excited about moving on from a bad experience where you get a little blind about what’s next. So I’m trying not to do that.

I was unsure about Gattis but I really thought he would look at this team and adjust what he was doing to fit. It was only logical. I had no idea he was truly that stupid. Sometimes I overrate what these people actually know.

Advertisement
I’m kinda dead inside with this program. This last season finished me off.

So now I’m here for the entertainment and at least Arroyo would provide a lot of good threads.
tenor.gif

Advertisement
I've been steadfastly against Mullen for months. By all means welcome in another coach who doesn't connect with his players, has an ego the size of a Gainesville Walmart, and hates to recruit.

It's literally like some of y'all hear a name you recognize and tunnel your entire vision solely on their positives. If Mullen was only the virtues you're listing, then great. The problem is he's a lot more than that.
Heel turn or not, it’s hard to argue your points. My only counter was how (regrettably) awesome the Trask/Pitts offense that gave Bama all it could handle that year. It’s been so long since we had a truly prolific offense AGAINST GREAT COMPETITION that I can make myself forget Mullen’s negative attributes.

We definitely could poach quite a few P5 OCs. No matter how bad we’ve played we still are an attractive opening (future elite OL and still has ability to attract top athletes) plus we our spending a lot rn.
Major. Sure we could take one from the lower rungs of the P5 but teams that consistently win would be difficult.

Advertisement
Heel turn or not, it’s hard to argue your points. My only counter was how (regrettably) awesome the Trask/Pitts offense that gave Bama all it could handle that year. It’s been so long since we had a truly prolific offense AGAINST GREAT COMPETITION that I can make myself forget Mullen’s negative attributes.
100%, no argument. It's a fair take to say, "Look, I'm willing to gamble on CDM's positives (which you mentioned) and hope/believe they outweigh his negatives."

I am not. There are plenty of high-caliber OCs with less downsides than Mullen, imo, and plenty of less risky paths to success. Not saying this is everyone who wants Mullen, but Miami fans can be guilty of taking the BMW with 150k miles over the Toyota with 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back