The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Didn't post because of any inside info but it is a well written article and shared a lot of historical information about a potential OC candidate that I found interesting.

Your comment shared zero information and added nothing of value to this thread though
It’s not well written lol. For one Mario actually doesn’t hire familiarity. At oregon mirabal was the only coach he had ties to. Here brought mirabal and Joe and hired ponce. 2. What coach wants to win 1 point games every week lmfao

Advertisement
Offense isn't the only part of the game and I know we can win without having a great offense, but Mario seems to love these mediocre offenses. This guy did worse then the guys who were before him and the guys that came after him. Mario, please don't fcking hire this guy. Please bring a stud OC in who you can trust to take control of that side of the ball. Please let that coach call time outs too lmao

"Marcus Arroyo served as the Ducks co-OC with Cristobal in 2017 under offensive minded head coach Willie Taggart. In 2016 under Mark Helfrich, the Ducks offense was 6th in SP+. Justin Herbert was a true freshman playing for Oregon after Dakota Prukop was injured. The QB’s threw for over 3,100 yards with 27 TD’s and six interceptions combined in ‘16.
In ‘17, with Herbert as the clear starter, the Ducks offensive SP+ dipped to 28th. Herbert played in eight games due to injury but the Ducks rushed for over 3,000 yards and Herbert was 15:5 TD:INT on 9.6 yards per attempt.
In ‘18 with Arroyo as the clear OC, the offensive SP+ slid a smidge to 31st in FBS. The Ducks finished 9-4 and Herbert threw 29 TD’s with 8 INT’s in 13 games.
In 2019, the Ducks SP+ was 23rd offensively with Herbert making a name for himself as a 1st round NFL Draft pick. Herbert averaged only 8.1 yards per attempt, while throwing 32 TD’s with only six INT’s. The Ducks finished 12-2. This is the season that gave Arroyo the status to become the UNLV head coach.
After Arroyo left, Oregon’s SP+ were 17th in 2020, 22nd in 2021, and 6th in 2022 under a new head coach and new OC in Kenny Dillingham."
interesting note on Dan Lanning new HC at Oregon, he turned over the keys to Dillingham who took over and made B.Nix a stud
turn over the keys Marion be the HC, run the program but leave the O alone

Reactions: JD4
WowThat would be bad.

I want an Air Raid ***. Enough with the tight stuff.

Spread this sucker wide open and go to town.
cary elwes buttercup GIF

Advertisement
I don't think Orroyo is as bad as some are making him out to be. He was handcuffed by Cristobal at Oregon, has college and professional play-calling experience, is a strong recruiter, and left UNLV a better program than he found it. There are other guys I would want before him, but he's not terrible either.
1) Arroyo was 7 - 23 at UNLV
2) Boy are you going to be surprised when you find out who Arroyo will be reporting to when he gets to Miami

It’s not well written lol. For one Mario actually doesn’t hire familiarity. At oregon mirabal was the only coach he had ties to. Here brought mirabal and Joe and hired ponce. 2. What coach wants to win 1 point games every week lmfao
Bro did you listen to Mario's press conferences when we'd lose by a point in a disgusting to watch game against some bum like Texas A&M or who knows who else?

He loves every minute of those slugfests.

Mario does hire based off familiarity.

His original OC came from Oregon too but he got poached to Georgia before the year started.

Kevin Steele and him talk about having been at Bama together so add him to your list.

Joe Moorhead is Gattis' "coaching mentor" and they spent time together at Penn State. Moorhead was Mario's OC after this arroyo dude.

I don't know if you actually watched this season, listened to Mario speak, or listened to Oregon fans who have the same criticisms about Mario and his offenses that the writer from State of the U had.

Like your wishful thinking but I began to listen to the fans who are familiar with him after getting my hopes up this offseason and buying into the hype only to see the most disappointing season I've ever seen as a Canes fan in my more than 20 years watching as a fan

Advertisement
I just read a eulogy on CIS. 🤦🏾‍♂️😢
After a 5-7 season with home losses against MTSU and FSU (45-3) I think a eulogy may be appropriate. At least a eulogy for TVDs heisman campaign.

I believe Mario can succeed at Miami but he needs to give control of the offense to someone else and focus on recruiting and culture. No calling plays or timeouts for you Mario

Advertisement
Bro did you listen to Mario's press conferences when we'd lose by a point in a disgusting to watch game against some bum like Texas A&M or who knows who else?

He loves every minute of those slugfests.

Mario does hire based off familiarity.

His original OC came from Oregon too but he got poached to Georgia before the year started.

Kevin Steele and him talk about having been at Bama together so add him to your list.

Joe Moorhead is Gattis' "coaching mentor" and they spent time together at Penn State. Moorhead was Mario's HC after this arroyo dude.

I don't know if you actually watched this season, listened to Mario speak, or listened to Oregon fans who have the same criticisms about Mario and his offenses that the writer from State of the U had.

Like your wishful thinking but I began to listen to the fans who are familiar with him after getting my hopes up this offseason and buying into the hype only to see the most disappointing season I've ever seen as a Canes fan in my more than 20 years watching as a fan
My suggestion is get off quackillustrated.com those Duckie fans got you shook.

Remember they were used to Chip Kelly offense out there scoring around 50 points per game. Mario scored over 35 PPG they weren't happy.

You know the last time Miami scored over 35 PPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back