The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m about to throw some **** on the wall y’all let me know if I’m crazy…

I wouldn’t mind Jeff Scott as WR coach and Co-OC and Scott Frost as QB coach Co-OC. Pipe dream?

Hard to see two former HC’s from last year sharing duties as OC but would be killer 😂

Advertisement

I wouldn’t mind Jeff Scott as WR coach and Co-OC and Scott Frost as QB coach Co-OC. Pipe dream?

Hard to see two former HC’s from last year sharing duties as OC but would be killer 😂
You would really want Scott Frost anywhere near the UM football program after his "issues" at Nebraska that lead to him being fired (not his win record)? Last guy on earth Mario should bring to Miami.

You would really want Scott Frost anywhere near the UM football program after his "issues" at Nebraska that lead to him being fired (not his win record)? Last guy on earth Mario should bring to Miami.
I have no clue about his issues that led to his firing, I thought it was because he under achieved?

Advertisement
Former Ravens OC Greg Roman? Should we zig when everyone zags and go full blow running scheme? Mario already gets the big guys up front, we just gotta land some 5 star RB’s and continue to get QB’s like Jaccuri Brown.

I have no clue about his issues that led to his firing, I thought it was because he under achieved?
Nah. Losing didn't help his cause, but apparently dude likes to party a bit too much..... to the point that it was getting in the way of his job. Showing up to practices, and team meetings drunk or hungover. He supposedly missed an in home visit with a 5 star recruit because he was out getting plastered. Called the kids parents the next day, still hungover, trying to reschedule. Partying with the young coeds (awesome)...but you just can't do that and survive when you're the face of a college program. There was some other rumored behavior that was unbecoming of a Head football coach as well.

Last edited:
Has been discussed in depth. Serious alcohol issues. Late for meetings and practices. Missed an in home with a 5 star recruit due to being drunk and called the kids dad the following am hung over. Banging cords at a sorority hous on campus. Admin could have saved several million by waiting 2 more weeks to fire him but wanted him out. Guy wouldn’t stay sober for a week in Miami.

Former Ravens OC Greg Roman? Should we zig when everyone zags and go full blow running scheme? Mario already gets the big guys up front, we just gotta land some 5 star RB’s and continue to get QB’s like Jaccuri Brown.
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Advertisement
There’s gotta be some young guys who are ready for an opportunity right? Someone find em lol

Has been discussed in depth. Serious alcohol issues. Late for meetings and practices. Missed an in home with a 5 star recruit due to being drunk and called the kids dad the following am hung over. Banging cords at a sorority hous on campus. Admin could have saved several million by waiting 2 more weeks to fire him but wanted him out. Guy wouldn’t stay sober for a week in Miami.
He would probably be drunk before the ink on his contract, dried. I wouldn't mind having his drunk *** calling our offense, though..... but alas. Dude needs help.

Advertisement

We do not want two or 3 coaches coming that have not worked with each other before. On top of that coaches co-coordinating who haven’t worked together is also a recipe for disaster.
You hire a OC/QB coach and let him decide if he wants to also hire a QB coach and a WR coach but absolutely not hiring each independently hoping they work well together. We saw how that worked last year.

We do not want two or 3 coaches coming that have not worked with each other before. On top of that coaches co-coordinating who haven’t worked together is also a recipe for disaster.
You hire a OC/QB coach and let him decide if he wants to also hire a QB coach and a WR coach but absolutely not hiring each independently hoping they work well together. We saw how that worked last year.
Yeah you’re probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back