The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not saying Candle is not in contention, I’m just saying there is at least 1 other candidate an offer and negotiations have been ongoing
I read that as we are really negotiating between two offers at the same time? Or that there are two top candidates and the negotiations are in process with the top pick?

Happy Birthday Christmas GIF by PeacockTV
I’m not saying Candle is not in contention, I’m just saying there is at least 1 other candidate an offer and negotiations have been ongoing

Advertisement
Surprised BYU OC Aaron Roderick isn't talked about a lot as a possible candidate. He just developed 2 QBs that are NFL guys in Zach Wilson and Jarren Hall

Advertisement
Candle played WR at Mount Union and Geneva. After graduating, Candle stayed on at Mount Union and joined the coaching staff as the wide receivers coach, a job he held from 2003–2006. Similar trajectory at Toledo before winning two conference titles in 7 full seasons of coaching.

Frost played QB under Bill Walsh (Stanford) before Tom Osborne (Nebraska), beating Peyton Manning on the way to NC with Nebraska. Coached WR for 4 seasons at Oregon before becoming OC/QB coach. Moved on to UCF after they went 0-12 in 2015 and two season later in 2017, the Knights stormed through the regular season, finishing 11–0. They won the AAC championship game 62–55 in double overtime at home against Memphis for their 12th consecutive win. Frost led the Knights into the 2018 Peach Bowl, the school's second-ever appearance in a major bowl. In that game, they defeated 7th ranked Auburn, completing the first undefeated and untied season in school history.

One played WR and one QB; both ace recruiters won championships as players and conference titles as coaches. Let Frost coach QB and call plays while Candle coaches WR and split the OC title.
Mash Up Ball GIF

Lol, no.
The OC that was at BYU with Zach Wilson is Jeff Grimes and Grimes is now at Baylor.
Grimes is a OL guy... Sure he called the plays but Roderick was the one working with the QBs. When Jarren Hall took over he had 57 Total TDs 11 INTs in 2 seasons while completing 65% of his passes and their offense still ate with Roderick calling plays

Advertisement
Surprised BYU OC Aaron Roderick isn't talked about a lot as a possible candidate. He just developed 2 QBs that are NFL guys in Zach Wilson and Jarren Hall
I would guess because the likelihood of him leaving the state of Utah is pretty slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back