The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree with both of you guys but did anyone see that video of peyton and eli manning recently that said in game adjustments were non existent and the biggest myth in football?

thought it was very interesting as they were adamant in either of there careers no half time adjustments were made even once. kind of a shock to hear as every commentator is always like "let's see what adjustments they can make"

now calling different plays without changing the scheme is one thing for sure and that comes down to playcalling ability and knowledge of systems and I guess it means that there may be adjustments happening that doesn't trickle down to the players but that interview changed the perception of adjustments that I and I feel like most people have
Jeff Van Grundy was on the Ryen Russlllo show a couple weeks ago saying pretty much the same thing about the NBA. He said he always laughs when he hears the announcers talk about half time adjustments. He says, if something isn’t working, no coach waits till half time to try to fix the issue…they do it on the spot.

Great episode by the way.

Mike Ryan Ruiz in the latest Dan LeBatard Show about Gattis and Miami's new OC search:

- They pull the trigger on Gattis three weeks ago;
- Ponce went back to App State because Mario told him he wouldn’t be the choice at OC;
- The waiting was caused by the attempt to find a soft landing spot for everyone;
- There was a real struggle to connect between Gattis and the players, also no chemistry with the other coaches on staff;
- Last year Mario tried hard to get Tommy Reese, Liam Coen and Jason Candle before hiring Gattis;
- Jason Candle said no again this year before extending with Toledo;
- No change in offensive philosophy, power spread confirmed;
- No Kingsbury;
- Scott Frost is a candidate but he (Mike Ryan) seems to confirm some of the rumors out of Nebraska about is lifestyle;
- Mario loves the Rams offense;
- He (Mike Ryan) likes Arroyo, I didn't understand if he thinks or knows that Arroyo is a candidate;
- Gattis buyout was not an issue (2 million);

Nothing groundbreaking imho, many of those things are the same that we read on here from our insiders/connected posters.

The money line on Arroyo being the next OC has to be - 25000 right now.
These are the types of stupid comments that make me laugh.

Sure, give me whatever odds you want on him not to be OC. +10000 sounds about right?

Advertisement
Lots of those coaches with NFL backgrounds have had their backsides handed to them by lil old college coaches. NFL backgrounds don't necessarily equate to success at the college level....see AL Groh, Herman Edwards, Charlie Weiss, Greg Robinson, Dan Henning, Mike Shula, John Mackovic, John Bunting, etc.
Who’s the last former NFL head coach to go to college and win big? Pete Carroll?

Mike Ryan Ruiz in the latest Dan LeBatard Show about Gattis and Miami's new OC search:

- They pull the trigger on Gattis three weeks ago;
- Ponce went back to App State because Mario told him he wouldn’t be the choice at OC;
- The waiting was caused by the attempt to find a soft landing spot for everyone;
- There was a real struggle to connect between Gattis and the players, also no chemistry with the other coaches on staff;
- Last year Mario tried hard to get Tommy Reese, Liam Coen and Jason Candle before hiring Gattis;
- Jason Candle said no again this year before extending with Toledo;
- No change in offensive philosophy, power spread confirmed;
- No Kingsbury;
- Scott Frost is a candidate but he (Mike Ryan) seems to confirm some of the rumors out of Nebraska about is lifestyle;
- Mario loves the Rams offense;
- He (Mike Ryan) likes Arroyo, I didn't understand if he thinks or knows that Arroyo is a candidate;
- Gattis buyout was not an issue (2 million);

Nothing groundbreaking imho, many of those things are the same that we read on here from our insiders/connected posters.
So he just regurgitated exactly what David Lake said?

Also lol at everyone tugging on Grubb’s nuts.

Y’all know DeBoer is the mind behind the offense, right? It’s like Saban hiring Golesh and expecting Heupel results.

Might work…might not. I do think he’s a good offensive mind, but everyone crowning him is wild.

Advertisement
I’m not an insider, but you are literally wrong at every turn. Like, passionately and stubbornly wrong even when you know that you have no idea what you’re talking about. Keep doing your thing

It's pretty pathetic when a guy with 12,400 porsts on this board has to tell us that he is a "fan of Miami"...

Let me just say this. There are some people who "like" Frost and will minimize his issues. There are some people who either "like" someone else or don't like Frost who will spotlight his issues.

Speaking for myself, I am open-minded and am willing to listen.

On one side, I am concerned with both the severity and recency of any allegations. It's not complicated to compare the greatness of Frost's output at UCF to the awfulness of Frost's output at Nebraska. And if Frost had issues only 6 months ago, I am concerned with the reliability and permanence of his recovery.

On the other side, he was amazing at UCF and has a good background, and his motivation to put Nebraska behind him may be profound. I am not sure what his long-term goals may be, and I am willing to trust the combined judgment of Dan, Alonzo, and Mario. But I'd be crazy to deny that there ARE risks.

I'm mixed on this. I can see the potential merits, but it's also surprising to me, given what we are coming out of with Gattis.
I am with you in the concerns. Mario, Zo and Mario can do all of the vetting they want and still get duped. Missing meetings, being drunk, not recruiting or returning calls, etc is some serious **** in this world.

The stories out of Nebraska were outright “holy ****” type and coming out of this Gattis debacle, I would be really nervous.

Mario has to get this hire right. So if this is the guy, I am going to be a nervous guy with this guy here, in the city of Miami.

Saban has his program in a specific point with a lot of success and history where he can take the Frost risk and be fine whether it works or not.

Mario is not anywhere near that Saban scenario.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also lol at everyone tugging on Grubb’s nuts.

Y’all know DeBoer is the mind behind the offense, right? It’s like Saban hiring Golesh and expecting Heupel results.

Might work…might not. I do think he’s a good offensive mind, but everyone crowning him is wild.
Agreed. With that said….I’d like the hire if we made it. But for Bama, this seems like a whatever hire.

I am with you in the concerns. Mario, Zo and Mario can do all of the vetting they want and still get duped. Missing meetings, being drunk, not recruiting or returning calls, etc is some serious **** in this world.

The stories out of Nebraska were outright “holy ****” type and coming out of this Gattis debacle, I would be really nervous.

Mario has to get this hire right. So if this is the guy, I am going to be a nervous guy with this guy here, in the city of Miami.

Saban has his program in a specific point with a lot of success and history where he can take the Frost risk and be fine whether it works or not.

Mario is not anywhere near that sorry free scenario.
So does that mean you won’t be inviting him to your tailgate?

You're not a fan of Eric "sleeping with" Bienemy??
@JamesQuall

Cleanup in aisle 5

@TRick72

black sails reaction s GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back