Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a coach nor do I understand the process of hiring a staff for a university’s football team; however, as someone who has looked at over 800 resumes and has interviewed roughly 10 people in the last 2 weeks, I do not understand how Mario can go months with the hiring process for his staff like this. I don’t think he does himself a service with this strategy. ND just hired a legit OC in a matter of days. I’m not saying not to do your due diligence but don’t over think it either.

Is their hire official? Or just speculation that Ludwig is who they want?

Advertisement
Mario isn’t moving in that direction. He’s doing the Alabama and Georgia formula. It’s one of the reasons we missed on Candle. You guys need to accept that. Mario really wants a Miami guy on this staff, it is what it is.
Glad it’s not Candle until we get someone worse but these successful guys at OC who we are missing on are right to turn him down if they’re not comfortable with being force fed their staph.

Im not a coach nor do I understand the process of hiring a staff for a university’s football team; however, as someone who has looked at over 800 resumes and has interviewed roughly 10 people in the last 2 weeks, I do not understand how Mario can go months with the hiring process for his staff like this. I don’t think he does himself a service with this strategy. ND just hired a legit OC in a matter of days. I’m not saying not to do your due diligence but don’t over think it either.
There's a reason for everything. Though this is dragging out to the last minute, I want Mario to take his time on the OC pick and make a good choice.

Well I don't think the Ludwig hiring is official but def seems to be trending that way. I feel like it's a matter of hours before that's announced.

Either way, I'm right there with you. If it takes you this long to hire somebody then chances are:
A) You're not paying enough
B) Your organization is a dumpster fire and nobody wants to work there
C) You're a sh*tty hiring manager and you can't make a decision
D) You're oddly patient and in no rush for some gat damm reason

We have money so scratch A off the list. And while our program has been reeling for some time, there are at least 20 decent options that would jump at the opportunity (guys like Litrell, Cramsey, Johns, etc) so I don't think B is the primary factor for this delay. Definitely plays a role though.

Which leaves us with C and D. I don't think Mario is a great hiring manager. But I do recognize that a good % of the guys he ends up hiring tends to be successful (Satterfield, Collins, Avalos, etc) enough to parlay the coordinator gig into a HC role. So there's something to be said about that.

I guess it's a sort of 'method to my madness' thing but a madness that lacks efficiency. He tends to get from Point A to Point B the majority of the time (minus Gattis)...but he ends up getting off on the wrong exit dozens of times adding an extra 8 hours to what should have been a 1 hour trip.

Advertisement
If this happens it’ll be unbearable for Maude’s here.
Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Somebody interviewed for a position coach that Miami fans are very familiar with. So there’s still names interviewing that nobody in the media has an idea about. I’ll continue to believe the names being leaked are for a reason.

Hankerson is coming home, thank you Cribby.

Advertisement
ALSO Kliff is an offensive mind but not a great coach. Watch him and watch Dan Campbell and the differences are obvious. Kliff can run an offense,but I doubt he runs back to college so quickly. That Arizona team fought injuries, GM had a health issue, Murray blew an ACL late in the year. Just seemed to be snake bitten
He is not coming back to college and if he ever did it wouldn’t be to be an OC under Mario.
It would be the other way around and MC may be OL coach working under Kliff.
Mario is driving me to drink - lol

Attachments

• 4F9BF8AA-E5C2-4DA1-B446-E101D0B96D90.jpeg
    4F9BF8AA-E5C2-4DA1-B446-E101D0B96D90.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
What could have been….. this is why we can’t have nice stuff
We’re not in the same position as Notre Dame as a program right now who also has a DC turned Head Coach who likely is allowing candidates to choose their own staff and stay out of the offense while we have an OL Coach turned Head Coach who is force feeding most if not all the staff positions to candidates along with whatever other requirements he has.

I’m not surprised in the least that Andy Ludwig would leave Utah for Notre Dame but not Miami. Why would he or anyone in a similar position choose our situation over that one?

Advertisement
We’re not in the same position as Notre Dame as a program right now who also has a DC turned Head Coach who likely is allowing candidates to choose their own staff and stay out of the offense while we have an OL Coach turned Head Coach who is force feeding most if not all the staff positions to candidates along with whatever other requirements he has.

I’m not surprised in the least that Andy Ludwig would leave Utah for Notre Dame but not Miami. Why would he or anyone in a similar position choose our situation over that one?
I doubt Ludwig will bring anyone with him aside from a couple analysts. Don’t think Rees is bringing anyone to Bama. It’s not that common that guys bring staff with them but Miami fans think it’s common practice.

Advertisement
Lol if that's the choices after waiting this long.
Whipple is a rising star. Wouldn’t be mad if it’s him. For me, I don’t need a “****” hire, give me a innovative mind that is motivated to kill it here to become a HC somewhere else and not someone who is an asswhipe, banging recruits moms and inevitably unemployed.

You’ll have plenty to add to your robust ignore list though some it won’t matter because if they get out of hand, make no mistake…

View attachment 229618
The Iggy list is actually more trim than it's been in the past.... I'm trying to believe people can change as time goes on.... Plus the purgatory thread has really cleaned things up.... Whoever came up with that deserves a gold star... Lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back