Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Either he really wants the ND job or he's trying to get more money out of Miami. Either way Mario needs to set a deadline and move on. Enough already.

The chances of Mario sitting idley by waiting for Candle to accept an offer are highly unlikely.

I know waiting is hard. But just like the Gattis separation, there are other factors that aren’t public

See the Guidry hire

Steinbrenner could've fired and rehired Billy Martin a dozen times over in the time it's taken Mario to get through just this one.
All seriousness: what should the timeline be. Exactly when should the hire have been completed from the time Gattis cleaned out his office? Don't give a general time either. Since you feel it is being handled so bad, please provide a timeline.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It can't be getting more money out of Toledo since he just signed an extension in January.

If he was staying there, I don't see the point of negotiating with at least two other teams.

Either he comes here or he goes to Notre Dame - at this point I can't see staying at Toledo.
I question the veracity of these rumors/reports.

For all we know, schools reached out and he said no and it gets reported that there is much more to the story other than a polite decline. Anything is possible I guess, but I have to imagine that Candle has to consider Toledo and not leaving them rudderless right before spring camp. I get that coaches look out for themselves too, but that would kind of suck.

Laying out a case for Brian Johnson as the choice:

- lack of an announcement due to timing of playoffs
- desire to hire an NFL coach last off season
- reported conversations with Mullen
- offensive style reported by D$
Brian Johnson may have an OC job waiting for him after the Super Bowl. Eagles' OC has interviewed for the Colts HC job. He hasn't been selected for a second interview yet. But Colts and Cardinals still have HC vacancies. If Steichen is picked, Johnson may be promoted to OC either in Philly or leave with Steichen.

But Johnson to Miami would be a huge victory for Mario.

Advertisement
Probably means absolutely nothing…but…

77089984-2E38-4762-AEA5-B77B86426D83.jpeg

I hope this is the last time Mario goes after Candle. Enough of getting stringed along by one guy each offseason

One of those trick candles apparently.

Hopefully not one of those that blows up in someone’s face…

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back