Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about LIVING in Miami / Coral Gables as being culturally closer to living in Spain (or Colombia) than Ohio. I lived in Coral Gables for close to 30 years, up until 2014. Coral Gables / Pinecrest / Key Biscayne are more Latino resident based today than they were in 2014. I loved it ... am fully bilingual and lived in Central and South America full time for close to 10 years, and have been involved in Latin American Agribusiness my entire life. Somebody that has never lived outside of Ohio would undergo a bit of culture shock LIVING in Miami.
confirmed.

Advertisement
Wearing my tin foil hat, what if Mario uses Candle as a distraction every time he needs an OC

Candle gets leverage with Toledo
Mario gets to navigate discreetly with other candidates

They then meet up for rum n cokes and laugh the night away doing cocaine
More likely than Candle being the actual OC.

Advertisement
I know it's been said over and over but there really does have to be more to this than we know. MC loses his DC over the weekend and by Tuesday morning he has his new DC. I'm guessing there will be other moving parts on defense. What in the effing **** is taking so long to hire an OC? Can Mario really be having this much paralysis by analysis?

Wearing my tin foil hat, what if Mario uses Candle as a distraction every time he needs an OC

Mario and Candle right now

1675797104729.gif

I know it's been said over and over but there really does have to be more to this than we know. MC loses his DC over the weekend and by Tuesday morning he has his new DC. I'm guessing there will be other moving parts on defense. What in the effing **** is taking so long to hire an OC? Can Mario really be having this much paralysis by analysis?
Who ever said the delay is on Mario's side? The target has been Jason Candle and it was reported that the details of his contract were being finalized. Did he get cold feet due to "Miami" issues? Was he hoping for the ND job? Has he actually been hired and pending confirmation of an assistant he wants to announce at the same time? Once Candle advises Mario definitively I would expect the next "target" to be acted on fairly fast if Candle declines.

Advertisement
What you don't get to do is take this long AND have a season like the last one. He's gotta get this right (the OC hire), do it soon, and I would guess that if he doesn't hit 8 wins this coming season, his seat will start warming up, I don't care what his contract says.

Talking about LIVING in Miami / Coral Gables as being culturally closer to living in Spain (or Colombia) than Ohio. I lived in Coral Gables for close to 30 years, up until 2014. Coral Gables / Pinecrest / Key Biscayne are more Latino resident based today than they were in 2014. I loved it ... am fully bilingual and lived in Central and South America full time for close to 10 years, and have been involved in Latin American Agribusiness my entire life. Somebody that has never lived outside of Ohio would undergo a bit of culture shock LIVING in Miami.
****, I moved to CG in 1977 from Ohio to go to the U and experienced culture shock - and loved it. Changed my life.

Two most likely possibilities:
  • Candle really is the choice but has been dragging his feet
  • Mario actually considers himself to be an offensive minded coach, so he's much more thorough and involved with the OC hires. Whereas on the defensive side he just looks at results and maybe consults a few people but there's less analysis paralysis.
Or he's waiting on Brian Johnson who still has a game to coach.

Advertisement
Two most likely possibilities:
  • Candle really is the choice but has been dragging his feet
  • Mario actually considers himself to be an offensive minded coach, so he's much more thorough and involved with the OC hires. Whereas on the defensive side he just looks at results and maybe consults a few people but there's less analysis paralysis.
Or he's waiting on Brian Johnson who still has a game to coach.
Or nobody wants to work for mario.

Advertisement
Who ever said the delay is on Mario's side? The target has been Jason Candle and it was reported that the details of his contract were being finalized. Did he get cold feet due to "Miami" issues? Was he hoping for the ND job? Has he actually been hired and pending confirmation of an assistant he wants to announce at the same time? Once Candle advises Mario definitively I would expect the next "target" to be acted on fairly fast if Candle declines.
I like to think that Jason Candle and Mario Cristobal are the same person. Overthinkers to the highest level. The decision to offer/accept is ongoing.

Inside:
thinking-gif-2018-1.gif

Outside:
giphy.gif

If he is doing that, Mario is playing 4D chess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back