Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, **** Candle.

Not just because he’s an incredibly underwhelming hire, but also for how he’s stringed us along in back-to-back years. Dude can go **** himself.
You’re aiming your frustration at the wrong person...

Candle is a Head Coach of a team & has been for 7 years with a nearly 60% winning percentage.

I can assure you, he did not call MC & ask to be his OC for 2 years in a row, he’s not the one stringing anything along or propositioning to be an OC. He has all the leverage because he’s being asked by another HC to basically take a demotion in order to possibly increase his profile to maybe get a chance at being a P5 HC, therefore, he has the right to be reserved & examine exactly what is/will be asked of him in this role & exactly what control & how much autonomy he may have.

Candle is the one taking a huge risk, it’s not like he’s a below .500 coach on the Hot-seat on the verge of being fired, he’s a guy with a winning record with a 14 year history at his hometown school in his hometown state who is being asked to willingly walk away from being a HC to go be an OC at an inhospitable corybantic program like Miami’s.

Aside from money, there’s a **** ton of questions I would have as well if I were him; Candle is not some up & comer at a small school making $150,000 a year, obviously, we can pay more in annual salary than he’s ever been paid before at Toledo, but from his perspective he’d be completely justified to question as to whether or not the money would be worth it considering the circumstances.

Advertisement
Wonder how TVD feels not having an OC or QBs coach for weeks now.Who is helping him get better as we approach spring practices.Can't imagine he thought we would be here when he decided to come back.Just heard coach Hayes bring up this point and he's right.
I brought this point up in the first version of this thread. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bailed in the portal after spring.

This is somewhat of a money year for him…..the whole “trust me, I’m bringing in someone good” won’t work forever. Especially when our offensive skill weapons are relatively the same personnel. We’ll see how it plays out

Mario didn'

Candle is a Head Coach of a team & has been for 7 years with a nearly 60% winning percentage.

I can assure you, he did not call MC & ask to be his OC for 2 years in a row, he’s not the one stringing anything along or propositioning to be an OC. He has all the leverage because he’s being asked by another HC to basically take a demotion in order to possibly increase his profile to maybe get a chance at being a P5 HC, therefore, he has the right to be reserved & examine exactly what is/will be asked of him in this role & exactly what control & how much autonomy he may have.

Candle is the one taking a huge risk, it’s not like he’s a below .500 coach on the Hot-seat on the verge of being fired, he’s a guy with a winning record with a 14 year history at his hometown school in his hometown state who is being asked to willingly walk away from being a HC to go be an OC at an inhospitable corybantic program like Miami’s.

Aside from money, there’s a **** ton of questions I would have as well if I were him; Candle is not some up & comer at a small school making $150,000 a year, obviously, we can pay more in annual salary than he’s ever been paid before at Toledo, but from his perspective he’d be completely justified to question as to whether or not the money would be worth it considering the circumstances.
He just got an extension after winning the MAC for the 2nd time. There’s something to be said for trying to do right by those who do right by you. Does he even feel right about leaving Toledo? Let alone leaving Toledo this late in the hiring process.

Plus he has WAY more job security at Toledo than he would at UM. Mario just fired Gattis after his first year. Albeit, he had too. But the optics of a former Broyles Award winner being fired after first season, may not come as an encouragement to jump ship to UM for Candle lol

Stressed Ash Williams GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Advertisement
There comes a point where it’s time to shyyyiittt or get off the pot. We just went 5-7. Our players need a playbook and coaches breaking down the scheme in the worst way. Every day that goes by is a lost opportunity and that’s on Mario. He needs to get this done yesterday for the players’ sake.

I brought this point up in the first version of this thread. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bailed in the portal after spring.

This is somewhat of a money year for him…..the whole “trust me, I’m bringing in someone good” won’t work forever. Especially when our offensive skill weapons are relatively the same personnel. We’ll see how it plays out
You do realize position coaches cannot coach during off-season? That’s a violation. Some of you cats are clueless.

Advertisement
You do realize position coaches cannot coach during off-season? That’s a violation. Some of you cats are clueless.
Clueless? Bruh get your facts straights before you try to check somebody.

A week or two prior to spring ball, coaches are allowed to coach drills during their running sessions or what was formerly known as MAT drills. Then in certain parts of the summer, they’re allowed a few hours a week of film study.

Imagine ****ting on a candidate because the HC cannot make a decision to save his life and apparently doesn't keep close contact with candidates.

It gets better and better each day.

Stop it! You're post is too logical! Ha! Coreybantic? You get a quarter for the word.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wonder how TVD feels not having an OC or QBs coach for weeks now.Who is helping him get better as we approach spring practices.Can't imagine he thought we would be here when he decided to come back.Just heard coach Hayes bring up this point and he's right.
I said it yesterday. Just adds more pressure to him and the skill guys that isnt necessary.

What I'd do: Litrell as OC/QB and try to get someone like Wes Welker as WR/PGC/OC-in-Waiting.
Bring in James Coley at RB/TE (if Fields really might move off-field).

edit: Wes Welker obviously played for Mike Leach (so theres a Leach connection with Litrell), and has coached WR 3 yrs under Kyle Shanahan, and now a year under Mike McDaniels... I think he's a dude that could easily be a CFB OC within a year or two if he wanted. But maybe he wants to stay in the NFL. But if we could get Litrell for 2 yrs, and then he moves on to be a HC again, and move Welker right in to be OC kinda like tOSU did with hartline... I feel like this could be a good move.

Or Mullen. **** bring Mullen in off field if we can regardless what happens.
Littrell doesn’t coach QB’s

As embarrassing as those losses were, for some reason getting obliterated by FSU hurt more. Maybe it's because we spent the last few years mocking FSU fans for thinking they got Nick Saban, and then their joke of a HC nearly pitched a shutout and showed mercy to Cristobal by not dropping a 50 burger on him.
And perhaps the worst part of it all is realizing Mikey Norvell has something cookin up there beyond just our game. As much as we hate to admit, FSU is making big moves right now. They’ll be ranked top 8 to start the year and if they don’t completely blow it… watch out. This place will be an Armageddon lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back