Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami has alot of bandwagon and casual fans who dont follow the ins and outs. They check in spring game then they check out till fall practice and the season is in the air. They dont care about all this.

But the people like us who follow everything....not me though. Cristobal is not endearing himself with people with this process. Whoever he hires, imagine if they struggle out the gate. Miami negativity can become a snowball. Alot of coaches cant deal with it. This was way too long. He needs to revise this. If i interviewed and didnt get the job, by the length of the process, i aint answering Cristobal phone call in the future if it comes open again.

There been reports some coaches were frustrated with the waiting since some have to think about current employees and players who wanna know their plans. He needs to revise that ch!t.
Sorry but I’m a fan of the regular season, none of that other stuff matters

Advertisement
This is entirely fair, but I think it also feeds into some of the frustrations with the process. Candidly, I couldn't care less about overpaying. Not my money and I am sure the people whose money it is are fine contributing a little more for the right people. But my issue is we are at this beginning stage, so stop being fixated on a guy who told you no last year and has hesitations leaving a head coaching gig again this year, emulate what you did at DC, and just find a good coach on an expanded board.
Completely agree.

Can I ask a racial-ish question? Applewhite is a fairly common last name, but why aren't there any Appleblacks? Seems pretty racist if you ask me.
This guy is the closest, no? Eli Apple

1676319145116.jpeg

But they just stopped at the Apple.

Advertisement
These two things are not mutually exclusive, including simultaneously.
I’m picking up what you’re putting down

Also for those the point goes over their heads I’m not defending Mario or this process in any way shape or form

I’ve never been a big fan of Mario and this is the type of stuff that makes or breaks the type of future he will have here. We will see when it all shakes out but last year was the only thing we can really go by and it was a disaster

This is a new one.

You’ve always been a solid poster going way back and are more dialed in than most., so I don’t doubt it.

What sucks is we’ve read so many stories about this process that it doesn’t even matter if it’s true.

I know the BOT and powers that be dgaf what we think, but you can’t blame anyone for taking every rumor with a huge lump of salt.
How is this a new one? The Gattis thread has discussed this issue for many weeks. Given the allegations and the "for cause" firing, HR has been involved for a while. HR and legal/contracting issues take it out of the HCs hands.

Advertisement
Miami has alot of bandwagon and casual fans who dont follow the ins and outs. They check in spring game then they check out till fall practice and the season is in the air. They dont care about all this.

But the people like us who follow everything....not me though. Cristobal is not endearing himself with people with this process. Whoever he hires, imagine if they struggle out the gate. Miami negativity can become a snowball. Alot of coaches cant deal with it. This was way too long. He needs to revise this. If i interviewed and didnt get the job, by the length of the process, i aint answering Cristobal phone call in the future if it comes open again.

There been reports some coaches were frustrated with the waiting since some have to think about current employees and players who wanna know their plans. He needs to revise that ch!t.
He announces a terrible hire (like any of the leaked names - Applewhite, Nuss, Coley) and he's going to turn a lot of the fans who follow everything into those who only check in during the spring game and fall practice.

Advertisement
The issues regarding Gattis’s firing have been discussed fairly extensively. Firing someone for cause is a very detailed process and missing any details can be costly in both reputation and $$$ coupled with the fact we have no idea what was in his contract.

If the person being fired got wind that a replacement had already been hired or even contacted, it opens an entire can of worms that would drag the firing process out indefinitely.
No one is suggesting the Gattis situation - whatever it may be - didn't hinder the process. Also hard to believe Mario didn't spend time leading up to Gattis' dismissal mapping out a plan and potential scenarios going forward. Hopefully we end up with a hire that pleases everyone, but the process - deserved or not - may erode some of the confidence in Mario and bring unwanted negativity to the program.

This is what ive learned today.

Dannyboy must be protected at all cost.
No such thing as appleblack
Demolition man brings people together
No need for boundary receivers
Mario still sucks.

Yep normal day on cis with mario as coach.
What did you learn on an average day with Manny, Richt, or Golden as coach?

Advertisement
No one is suggesting the Gattis situation - whatever it may be - didn't hinder the process. Also hard to believe Mario didn't spend time leading up to Gattis' dismissal mapping out a plan and potential scenarios going forward. Hopefully we end up with a hire that pleases everyone, but the process - deserved or not - may erode some of the confidence in Mario and bring unwanted negativity to the program.
The 5-7 season and the Gattis hire already eroded a lot of the confidence in Mario. He really needs to hit it out of the park with the "staff realignment" that is currently under way and with W's in 2023 on the field. I want to see him succeed and see UM back in the "relevant football program" category, but ****, what a season 2022 was. And his "agile management style" isn't helping.

From the outside looking in, the “process” certainly seems disjointed to say the least. The short term optics are of concern as well. Best we can hope for is a decision sooner rather than later.

How is this a new one? The Gattis thread has discussed this issue for many weeks. Given the allegations and the "for cause" firing, HR has been involved for a while. HR and legal/contracting issues take it out of the HCs hands.

Speaking for myself, I never considered Mario being handcuffed by others. It never crossed my mind.

Nor was I aware of the show cause situation (until around the time Gattis got fired).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back