Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
From a high level view, Jason Candle is a B hire. Not an offensive wizard that's going to blow anyone away but a capable, competent OC. He'd likely be here at least 2-3 years and give the offense some stability and continuity, which it desperately needs. TVD would certainly do better than he did with Gattis.

The added bonus is that a long time former HC could help Mario with some broader game management which he still struggles with. As a canes program, we should be satisfied if it proves to be him.

TVD is already in a better place right now than w/ Gattis.

Good point we are assuming an OC hasn’t been hired when infact this could be for other positions to coach. I’m still sticking with my prediction of Brian Johnson and the reason it hasn’t been announced is not to distract from the Super Bowl.

If it’s him we’ll either know by late this evening or tomorrow once the game is over.
We take these crazy reaches and hope they are true...

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson was it until the NFL dominos starting falling how they just did, which may be why there is a sudden alleged uptick in the OC search again. Kinda what happened waiting for Dorsey last year. Only hope is that he would rather mentor youngsters than coach millionaires.

Advertisement
From a high level view, Jason Candle is a B hire. Not an offensive wizard that's going to blow anyone away but a capable, competent OC. He'd likely be here at least 2-3 years and give the offense some stability and continuity, which it desperately needs. TVD would certainly do better than he did with Gattis.

The added bonus is that a long time former HC could help Mario with some broader game management which he still struggles with. As a canes program, we should be satisfied if it proves to be him.
Exactly how I see it.

Logical post

You’re in the wrong place

Advertisement
Me as well. I literally posted my odds when asked and had Candle as still the favorite, with other then Dawson as next. Until I hear it’s dead I’m leaning that way.
Fermans source is definitely @Cribby 😂
Screenshot_20230212_123733_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
~75% of this thread is a ******* derail.

This board loves to poke the bear then complain when the bear angrily takes a swipe back.
Thankful for that 75%. Imagine staying on topic for this OC hire. Torture. OT makes this place great.

Bear is a bad example. Maybe overstimulated cat.. hopped up on catnip. He bites, just doesn’t know why.

Mario has to get this right…the biggest problem with our program is every 2 years we are making significant changes..we have no identity as a program..we want to be a big 10 school, an upfield attacking defense, then a conservative offense to an uptempo spread, back to a power spread….we keep recruiting kids and a year from now they don’t even fit what we are trying to build anymore..
In fairness, what really matters is the Head Man and AD.

Every program will have staff changes every 1-2 years.

I would love to keep an OC/DC for 3-5 years. It just doesn’t seem like it’s the common thing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back