Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
i figured it out. Mario is the new OC.

the office no GIF

Advertisement
Good point we are assuming an OC hasn’t been hired when infact this could be for other positions to coach. I’m still sticking with my prediction of Brian Johnson and the reason it hasn’t been announced is not to distract from the Super Bowl.

If it’s him we’ll either know by late this evening or tomorrow once the game is over.
Brian Johnson??
Never Mind What GIF by US National Archives

Advertisement
He’s a Miami alum who’s been with MC since MC was TE & OL’s coach on Coker’s staff.

He was with MC during his entire tenure at FIU as well, as his Director of Ops, Director of Player Personnel & Recruiting Coordinator. MC trusts him because he was with him from the ground up & was pivotal in helping him secure his best recruiting classes at FIU & landing prospects like Antwan Barnes, Anthony Gaitor, TY Hilton & Jonathan Cyprien.

He’s one of MC’s really good friends in the business & that’s why he brought him here as soon as he got the job.

Great answer, thanks for sharing those details

Lake and Gaby have been saying that for a couple of days. Their stance is until he or Toledo make some kind of statement that he is returning OR he is announced as going somewhere else, he is still a candidate from what they hear.
Me as well. I literally posted my odds when asked and had Candle as still the favorite, with other then Dawson as next. Until I hear it’s dead I’m leaning that way.

Good point we are assuming an OC hasn’t been hired when infact this could be for other positions to coach. I’m still sticking with my prediction of Brian Johnson and the reason it hasn’t been announced is not to distract from the Super Bowl.

If it’s him we’ll either know by late this evening or tomorrow once the game is over.
You must have missed this.

I'm hoping the Eagles get shut out (won't happen)... so the the oc coordinator doesn't get the colt job, and Johnson doest get o.c. in Philadelphia.

Advertisement
From a high level view, Jason Candle is a B hire. Not an offensive wizard that's going to blow anyone away but a capable, competent OC. He'd likely be here at least 2-3 years and give the offense some stability and continuity, which it desperately needs. TVD would certainly do better than he did with Gattis.

The added bonus is that a long time former HC could help Mario with some broader game management which he still struggles with. As a canes program, we should be satisfied if it proves to be him.

I think the better question is why would a staffer breadcrumb us in that direction?
Maybe his bread crumbs was leading in a DIFFERENT direction, but it was interpreted wrong…. and some here just ran wit it 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back