Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a weird situation for Toledo lol.

Candle signs an extension in January after being on the hot seat, and is openly flirting with at least two other teams.

Dude is flaky as ****.

That dude is going to play himself and end up with nothing.

Advertisement
No doubt

Though I really don’t know many details so I try to exercise some kind of caution before I say too much but whatever is going on, it ain’t good
Yeah I’m just going off info posted on here from insiders I trust but if a coach was a top candidate last year and you circle back to him this year as your top choice then it should take at most 5 days before a deal is finalized or you move on.

Advertisement
What’s most concerning is the way Mario has treated Candle like he’s a grand slam and worth the effort and aggravation

He’s more like a bloop double that lands just inside the chalk

This process has been nonsense
It is like a car buying obsession.... once you are bit, you are like an addict. You get tunnel vision - Can only see what will support your choice.
Mario needs an intervention or exorcism from Candle if this gets beyond today.

Advertisement
On the second one, the first one was handled by Romello Height
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Advertisement
WTF, you don't go with the Bob Seger original? Shame on you...haha. What next, the Weezer version of Africa?

Man, you KNOW I love Seger, but the Metallica version was an actual video AND it has a harder guitar part.

But I've been listening to that Seger "Live Bullet" version since I was an elementary school kid riding the bus...

And while I like Weezer, I absolutely hate Toto (except for "Hold the Line", that was a great song).

True story, my office (at a former employer) used to be right next to the office of the retiring CEO, who married Jeff Porcaro's widow. She still gets some pretty nice checks from "Africa".

It is like a car buying obsession.... once you are bit, you are like an addict. You get tunnel vision - Can only see what will support your choice.
Mario needs an intervention or exorcism from Candle if this gets beyond today.
Tbh I kinda didn’t believe it all at first because it just doesn’t make any **** sense

However it’s pretty hard to ignore considering how the DC situation went down

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back