Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The process was **** regardless of who the candidate was as it relates specifically to how this Candle situation has unfolded
No doubt

Though I really don’t know many details so I try to exercise some kind of caution before I say too much but whatever is going on, it ain’t good

Advertisement
We went from thinking we can get the best of the best coaches since we’re spending money to now we gotta hire mario’s friends lol. This is a rough start to this new era man, i still have hope but the red flags are hard to look over

Looking at Mickey's bio he would not have been a bad choice if this is true. I am just repeating a rumor about what happened with the Frost possibility. It could be BS.

Yeah, but I wouldn't just look at his bio, I'd look at his news stories.

The reason I think it's BS is that I don't think we would hire a PAIR of guys, one who is RUMORED to have been heavily drinking as recently as September, and another who has a domestic violence charge from December.

At least Guidry's dirt is 11-12 years old and older.

Advertisement
We went from thinking we can get the best of the best coaches since we’re spending money to now we gotta hire mario’s friends lol. This is a rough start to this new era man, i still have hope but the red flags are hard to look over
Dont go moping man!

giphy-16.gif

I believe he did that with Guidry (I am aware he wanted him at FIU but never worked together prior). Geoff Collins would have been a familiar safe pick at DC

I hear ya. Technically Guidry is "new", but we also can't ignore that Mario tends to like "familiarity" And he liked Guidry a lot 10 years ago.

Advertisement
Looking at Mickey's bio he would not have been a bad choice if this is true. I am just repeating a rumor about what happened with the Frost possibility. It could be BS.
From a pure Football perspective Joseph would be fine. However, no way you can bring him in along with Frost and his rumors while dealing with the potential Gattis allegations. You can maybe sneak Frost in but even that’s pushing it

Advertisement
Leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think it goes that direction tbh but he's been top 25 in 2021 and 2022 in PPG and averaged 32.5 and 33.3 per game at Marshall and Memphis. Solid.

Wouldn't tab him as innovative but a much simpler scheme that has a little pace and space without being full-blown foot on the gas and killing your defense.

I remember hearing a lot about how Mario was one of the first to really buy into and be a fan of Chip Kelly's offense and Chip pointed him to Cramsey when he hired him in 2012.
This, this, and more this. We need a more aggressive offense style but miss me with the foot on gas for 4 qtrs.

Advertisement
I for one am looking forward to see how the writers resurrect Jason Candle for next year. He dies every time but they keep bringing him back to torture us.

2022: Jason I - A New Beginning
2023: Jason II - The Final Chapter
2024: Jason III - Mario vs. Jason
2025: Jason IV - Jason Takes Manhattan
2026: Jason V - Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back