The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
If manny was developing players and we played disciplined football id be more than happy to give him time.

There are two massive issues I see with the situation right now:

1) The players who have transformed this team were on the bench and only earned playing time due to injury or necessity, not because of a great coaching move. In fact, players seem to be held back under Diaz.
2) Players in their freshmen/first years have looked good many times before only to regress under this system
3) Former players have said that the culture is not good here

So when the discussion comes up about giving Manny more time, I say why? What has HE actually done to turn this team around? He's a beneficiary of circumstance and not strategy. When he had complete control and it was his decisions to make we were a horrible football team. Now that he lost control due to injury and necessity we are better. That is not a recipe for long term success. That's random chance. And any argument about him being a good recruiter goes out the door when he won't even play those players and when he does they regress.

He has not done anything different to prove he's a good coach. I just want to get a really, really good AD in here and trust that person to make the right decisions.

He made it to the acccg 2 of his first 3 seasons. Nobody knew he would turn clemson into what they are. I said you could tell he was building something special.
his results at that time wasn't indicative of special imo. he had 5 loss season 7 loss season and 4 loss season. he then got blown out by West Virginia in the bowl.

he turned out to be special.

also, no one is saying to give Manny time. no one is defending him. were just bringing up an example from one of the schools you used lol. Manny doesn't deserve more time. the only scenario where he would is winning out, winning the conf title, winning the ny6 bowl. that would be the only scenario. if and likely when it doesn't happen, ill be happy to move on (lets face it were gonna have to play the season out for him to get fired bc its not happening in season).

1) The players who have transformed this team were on the bench and only earned playing time due to injury or necessity, not because of a great coaching move. In fact, players seem to be held back under Diaz.
2) Players in their freshmen/first years have looked good many times before only to regress under this system

So when the discussion comes up about giving Manny more time, I say why? What has HE actually done to turn this team around? He's a beneficiary of circumstance and not strategy. When he had complete control and it was his decisions to make we were a horrible football team. Now that he lost control due to injury and necessity we are better. That is not a recipe for long term success. That's random chance. And any argument about him being a good recruiter goes out the door when he won't even play those players and when he does they regress.

He has not done anything different to prove he's a good coach. I just want to get a really, really good AD in here and trust that person to make the right decisions.

he doesn't deserve more time. there is only one scenario where they will give him more time and even Cribby said that would be the only way it'll happen.

Advertisement

Agree with all that.

Well said.
The people who want to give him more time are the same people who, despite all the evidence were blindly supporting him in the first place. Now with some team success they are resurfacing and seems to be somewhat re-energized. Based on his performance in the last 6 years there is no way he is capable of taking us to the promised land.

Advertisement
so you watched the orange bowl blowout by west va and said hes building something special or when he went 6-7? come on now. if you saw that then you know it all and I want the lotto numbers but frankly its hard to imagine that you saw a career WR coach elevated to interim who was fine his first seasons nothing special to be this. fact is he is an exception as he did build it out with Boyd, Watson, and Sunshine. he recruited those 3 so he deserves all the credit.

Lmao these dudes are so **** clueless. They turned how big of a loser Dabo was into a ******* verb. Clemsoning. To have a possible sniff of success and then **** all yourself and then roll around in it. But yeah, clearly building something special.

Clemson goes big on QB’s in the transfer portal for next year. Should they strike it rich, their program will be back. Much like we needed TVD to turn the season around.

I think they have a highly recruited kid behind DJ?

also I bet they try for rattler who isn't good either but he experienced lol. they need to fix their WR recruiting. they've missed on a ton of evals there recently and/or lack of development

Advertisement

Clap Clapping GIF
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Especially since Clemson had nothing in terms of football historic success compared with Miami. It’s was understandable to give him a longer leash.
They hadnt won a national championship since the early 80s. They werent even the best acc football school until dabo.

Advertisement
Lmao these dudes are so **** clueless. They turned how big of a loser Dabo was into a ******* verb. Clemsoning. To have a possible sniff of success and then **** all yourself and then roll around in it. But yeah, clearly building something special.

Clemsoning was under bowden. Dear lord.

Advertisement
Back