The nobody gives a crap update

How are you done when everyone just threw what you said back at you. You’re using dabos entire career to judge his first three years. At that moment ne was a coach that got clowned out of the orange bowl. This isn’t to say manny is dabo Bc he isn’t, tho this year isn’t helping dabos pure coaching ability

What were his recruiting ranking those seasons?

Advertisement
What were his recruiting ranking those seasons?

remember Clemson had a top 5 or so class pre Dabo as HC (when randy had his top class).

look its oaky to admit that yes Clemson was patient with Dabo as he began. it wont work here with our fanbase which is fine. im over Manny and I think the results will take care of that. I don't need to root for losses bc I don't see him winning out and I think he needs an ACCCG win with a bowl win to save himself

remember Clemson had a top 5 or so class pre Dabo as HC (when randy had his top class).

look its oaky to admit that yes Clemson was patient with Dabo as he began. it wont work here with our fanbase which is fine. im over Manny and I think the results will take care of that. I don't need to root for losses bc I don't see him winning out and I think he needs an ACCCG win with a bowl win to save himself
Have i said im rooting for losses???

I said im tired of mediocrity. Simple as that.
Anybody that watched dabo early on could tell he was building something special. The same can not be said for manny.

His first 3 were 19, 8, 14.

No clue where you got those numbers.

Advertisement
after year 3 Dabo had zero rings. Im sure no one thought the school that created clemsoning would have 2 rings w him at that point
I think at a minimum, we can all agree that Dabo turning it around like that is the MASSIVE exception and not the rule. I am trying to think of another guy like that and am drawing a blank.

I think at a minimum, we can all agree that Dabo turning it around like that is the MASSIVE exception and not the rule. I am trying to think of another guy like that and am drawing a blank.
agreed. the poster said Clemson wouldn't keep a and b if they had stunk. well they weren't special int he beginning with Dabo but allowed him work through his issues and staff changes. I don't think we hit on a Dabo with Manny and I don't really wanna find out haha, but the argument really comes down to is if Manny won out with an ACCCG and bowl win to finish 10-4, hes not getting canned. in reality, 6-7, 8-3, 10-4 with a conf title and ny6 bowl win is the best season we've had since 04 and not fireable 3 year run for a first time coach. again, hes likely not winning out as well be in more 50-50 games and things happen that are just pure luck or unlucky so to speak (the VA td off what should've been an INT or incompletion, the batted ball in The air, missed FG chip shot, a fumble rolling out of bounds just beyond the marker, a guy getting hurt and not having a helmet during a fumbled punt).

Have i said im rooting for losses???

I said im tired of mediocrity. Simple as that.
Anybody that watched dabo early on could tell he was building something special. The same can not be said for manny.

so you watched the orange bowl blowout by west va and said hes building something special or when he went 6-7? come on now. if you saw that then you know it all and I want the lotto numbers but frankly its hard to imagine that you saw a career WR coach elevated to interim who was fine his first seasons nothing special to be this. fact is he is an exception as he did build it out with Boyd, Watson, and Sunshine. he recruited those 3 so he deserves all the credit.

Advertisement
Lol these guys love covering for manny.

we all expect Manny to get fired, but what it seems like w you is that you hate a dude you've never met that you couldn't see any possible way he'd stick around another season? the possible exception is winning out however unlikely. no one wants Manny around anymore. also, you just happened to use the one example of a school not firing a coach after 3 meh years and according to 247 poor recruiting classes. Dabo is the obvious exception and no ones getting that lucky again.

agreed. the poster said Clemson wouldn't keep a and b if they had stunk. well they weren't special int he beginning with Dabo but allowed him work through his issues and staff changes. I don't think we hit on a Dabo with Manny and I don't really wanna find out haha, but the argument really comes down to is if Manny won out with an ACCCG and bowl win to finish 10-4, hes not getting canned. in reality, 6-7, 8-3, 10-4 with a conf title and ny6 bowl win is the best season we've had since 04 and not fireable 3 year run for a first time coach. again, hes likely not winning out as well be in more 50-50 games and things happen that are just pure luck or unlucky so to speak (the VA td off what should've been an INT or incompletion, the batted ball in The air, missed FG chip shot, a fumble rolling out of bounds just beyond the marker, a guy getting hurt and not having a helmet during a fumbled punt).
I can't say I disagree with so much as a word that you wrote. I just always laugh when people yell about Dabo when there are 100s of others that never figured it out and just were not good coaches or fits.

I think the fans would be patient had Manny shown he could develop the talent he recruited. He has been here long enough to show he could have developed some studs defensively, but he hasn’t done it! Guys aren’t getting better at least defensively, we look smaller than all the top tier teams, and he is full of excuses, no accountability.
The holes in the defense are on him because he hired the assistant coaches, he teaches the scheme, and he should have been recruiting better to fill the gaps that were left by players leaving. You don’t see the NFL pounding at the door to get our LBs or DBs.
Lately he has gotten lucky because the young guys have shown fight. But he has also gotten lucky because the teams we played aren’t that good.

I can't say I disagree with so much as a word that you wrote. I just always laugh when people yell about Dabo when there are 100s of others that never figured it out and just were not good coaches or fits.

nah I wouldn't have brought up Dabo if he didn't use Clemson as an example. they were the LONE exception really.

Advertisement
I think the fans would be patient had Manny shown he could develop the talent he recruited. He has been here long enough to show he could have developed some studs defensively, but he hasn’t done it! Guys aren’t getting better at least defensively, we look smaller than all the top tier teams, and he is full of excuses, no accountability.
The holes in the defense are on him because he hired the assistant coaches, he teaches the scheme, and he should have been recruiting better to fill the gaps that were left by players leaving. You don’t see the NFL pounding at the door to get our LBs or DBs.
Lately he has gotten lucky because the young guys have shown fight. But he has also gotten lucky because the teams we played aren’t that good.
nah. I agree w the rest, but I don't agree w the fans showing patience. this fanbase will be looking for the next guy by year 3 beyond a conf title in year 1 and 2 (which if youre rebuilding isn't likely). ****, the fanbase wanted spo fired multiple times lol. they would call Riley washed. ****, we did the same w butch Davis.

I lived in Charleston SC during those years, and I can tell you with 100% certainty their fan base and a lot of boosters were calling for his head, even after 2011.

dude after the 2012 blowout, I remember the heat really being on. ****, there were still questions when FSU blew them out w Winston in 13. he turned it around and built a special program that seems to be floundering now with Ugggggeeaallealalal or w.e. being awful

Advertisement
nah. I agree w the rest, but I don't agree w the fans showing patience. this fanbase will be looking for the next guy by year 3 beyond a conf title in year 1 and 2 (which if youre rebuilding isn't likely). ****, the fanbase wanted spo fired multiple times lol. they would call Riley washed. ****, we did the same w butch Davis.

If manny was developing players and we played disciplined football id be more than happy to give him time.

we all expect Manny to get fired, but what it seems like w you is that you hate a dude you've never met that you couldn't see any possible way he'd stick around another season? the possible exception is winning out however unlikely. no one wants Manny around anymore. also, you just happened to use the one example of a school not firing a coach after 3 meh years and according to 247 poor recruiting classes. Dabo is the obvious exception and no ones getting that lucky again.

I said bama, clemson, ohio state. Dabo is the coach that was brought up.

so you watched the orange bowl blowout by west va and said hes building something special or when he went 6-7? come on now. if you saw that then you know it all and I want the lotto numbers but frankly its hard to imagine that you saw a career WR coach elevated to interim who was fine his first seasons nothing special to be this. fact is he is an exception as he did build it out with Boyd, Watson, and Sunshine. he recruited those 3 so he deserves all the credit.

He made it to the acccg 2 of his first 3 seasons. Nobody knew he would turn clemson into what they are. I said you could tell he was building something special.

Advertisement
Back