The next president

Advertisement
Just a couple of thoughts here:

* Tim Reynolds Wrap Full of Leftovers "broke" this name a few weeks ago. So that probably means it won't happen.
* I'm undecided on him. He's local but he was gone before UM football was relevant. He's a military guy but he's also shown some progressive tendencies (Iran, etc). He seemingly supported Navy football but it's Navy football and I can't even ascertain if he's a sports fan. He rose the ranks of the Navy but then ****ed someone off along the way as he was clearly targeted before he could be considered for the Secretary post.

*Foote was most certainly a Democrat. Not a liberal but still a Dem.
*Foote was a captain in the Marine Corps too so we may not want to jump to any hard assumptions about military officers.

*If you heard Jeb's remarks about The U Part 2 (aside from giving props to Randy Phillips) it's almost too bad that he's going to run for another office.

*I'm still in the Gordon Gee camp (cause Condi is a pipedream). He'd stay out of the way and has the resume to impress the wannabe elitists on the BoT. Him and Oliver Luck just started selling booze at WVU games. They clearly don't care!

E.G.G is a clown who would insult everyone in two weeks...

Those of us outside South Florida didn't here what Jeb had to say, do tell.

Of course, if Jeb is elected, we can look forward to him detailing a plot from the leader of Peru to kill his brother when he was in office. Off to the Andes mountains troops, there are secret stashes of something a terrorist can use there. Veteran of two Bush wars here (no pun intended); i'm too old for a third. It would be nice if one of their kids served for a little skin in the game. Then again, when Bush came to Iraq in 2003, lots of units "lubrication" dried up, so maybe the Bush twins DID fly over with him...

* Tim Reynolds Wrap Full of Leftovers "broke" this name a few weeks ago. So that probably means it won't happen.
* I'm undecided on him. He's local but he was gone before UM football was relevant. He's a military guy but he's also shown some progressive tendencies (Iran, etc). He seemingly supported Navy football but it's Navy football and I can't even ascertain if he's a sports fan. He rose the ranks of the Navy but then ****ed someone off along the way as he was clearly targeted before he could be considered for the Secretary post.

*Foote was a captain in the Marine Corps too so we may not want to jump to any hard assumptions about military officers.

*If you heard Jeb's remarks about The U Part 2 (aside from giving props to Randy Phillips) it's almost too bad that he's going to run for another office.

*I'm still in the Gordon Gee camp (cause Condi is a pipedream). He'd stay out of the way and has the resume to impress the wannabe elitists on the BoT. Him and Oliver Luck just started selling booze at WVU games. They clearly don't care!

Of course, if Jeb is elected, we can look forward to him detailing a plot from the leader of Peru to kill his brother when he was in office. Off to the Andes mountains troops, there are secret stashes of something a terrorist can use there. Veteran of two Bush wars here (no pun intended); i'm too old for a third. It would be nice if one of their kids served for a little skin in the game. Then again, when Bush came to Iraq in 2003, lots of units "lubrication" dried up, so maybe the Bush twins DID fly over with him...

The only reason I think that'd Gee would work is because it splits the difference and tosses the BoT an elitist bone and he seemingly doesn't stifle a football program- if OSU and WVU are any markers. It's not because he'd be my first choice in an environment unrestrained by our BoT.

Here's the link with Jeb's comments:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...-2-says-ncaa-looked-like-complete-idiots.html

Thanks for your service, obviously. Not here to relitigate the wars but I do think Bush would make an awesome president...of UM. Truth be told, he may not even be a huge football fan but he understands money and is more "Miami" than any of our other choices will be.

The only reason I think that'd Gee would work is because it splits the difference and tosses the BoT an elitist bone and he seemingly doesn't stifle a football program- if OSU and WVU are any markers. It's not because he'd be my first choice in an environment unrestrained by our BoT.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...-2-says-ncaa-looked-like-complete-idiots.html

Thanks for your service, obviously. Not here to relitigate the wars but I do think Bush would make an awesome president...of UM. Truth be told, he may not even be a huge football fan but he understands money and is more "Miami" than any of our other choices will be.

Jeb, and his son George, sat a few rows behind me at the Rose Bowl game. They were enthusiastic that day.

Jeb, and his son George, sat a few rows behind me at the Rose Bowl game. They were enthusiastic that day.

Cool. I had no idea either way if he was a legit fan or not.

More importantly, you had better seats to that game than the brother of a sitting President? Of the United States. Of America?

Advertisement

Cool. I had no idea either way if he was a legit fan or not.

More importantly, you had better seats to that game than the brother of a sitting President? Of the United States. Of America?

My son got us those tix (50 yd line) because he was tight with someone at Hecht. I resold my putrid corner tix. We went with his two roommates and their dads. Great memories.

Sat next to Marco Rubio at a game about 8-9 years ago and he seemed like a real fan as well. Speaking of Foote, as was said he was a Dem, but was close to the Bush family as well.

Thanks for the link...I will readily admit voting for Jeb Bush three times, two by absentee ballot, as a Florida resident; I just an tired of the same people and baby boom generation running things. Sen. Marco Rubio (UFelony undergrad, Miami Law Grad) appeals to me most because he is a Gen X'er who rose up from being a bartender's son to a US Senator.

One caveat: Gen X'er Al Golden can spontaneously combust and I will take Baby Boomer Butch Davis back in the HC's office at the Hecht!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Thanks for the link...I will readily admit voting for Jeb Bush three times, two by absentee ballot, as a Florida resident; I just an tired of the same people and baby boom generation running things. Sen. Marco Rubio (UFelony undergrad, Miami Law Grad) appeals to me most because he is a Gen X'er who rose up from being a bartender's son to a US Senator.

One caveat: Gen X'er Al Golden can spontaneously combust and I will take Baby Boomer Butch Davis back in the HC's office at the Hecht!

Do you always hallucinate Skippy, or are you just having an episode?

No hallucinations, but I do laugh at people who name themselves after clowns...

Is Wiggles your brother?

[video=youtube;Svd4fe8HEZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svd4fe8HEZI[/video]

Advertisement
Random contributions:

It's not that the BoT wouldn't pick Condi, it's that the extreme left wing would threaten boycott just like they did when she said NFL commissioner was her dream job. It's easier to avoid the noise. She would definitely be the best choice.

I had concerns about Shalala given her Clinton connection, but overall she's done pretty well, so judging based on political connections isn't always perfect.

I think Jeb would be a good option. It's too bad he's aiming higher.

Rubio needs some executive experience. It's all well and good to make policy, but making sure all the cogs intermesh properly are what's needed for president as we have been shown for a few years now.

Advertisement
Back