The Next Jameis Winston Is ... Kevin Olsen

Watching this video and hearing his scouting report by Jc Schurburtt , it sounds absolutely nothing like Petes.

Actually quite the opposite. Now the attitude / leadership issues could be true but the physical breakdown is off .

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...highlights-scouting-report-for-4-star-recruit

It's bc JC Schurburtt aint a jealous hoe like Patricia Ariz. The sooner this site takes cats like Ariz and Tito for what they are worth, which is UM students embedded by D$ to pick up on team and recruit chatter the better your lives will be. These kids have ZERO ****ing experience playing or coaching the game of football. Their opinions on recruits or players abilities and tendencies are no better than anyone else on the board. As for Olsen, I will ride with the evals of a coach who is now an NFL OC, and not some jock sniffing sophomore liberal arts major. Do us a favor aziz, keep the factual information coming, keep your opinions to yourself and get your ****ing shine box.
bravo2.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZbdcJ3mKtd.gif

Advertisement
He's the future yet multiple guys on the team say there's no way he starts over Williams.. Hmmmm

Watching this video and hearing his scouting report by Jc Schurburtt , it sounds absolutely nothing like Petes.

Actually quite the opposite. Now the attitude / leadership issues could be true but the physical breakdown is off .

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...highlights-scouting-report-for-4-star-recruit

It's bc JC Schurburtt aint a jealous hoe like Patricia Ariz. The sooner this site takes cats like Ariz and Tito for what they are worth, which is UM students embedded by D$ to pick up on team and recruit chatter the better your lives will be. These kids have ZERO ****ing experience playing or coaching the game of football. Their opinions on recruits or players abilities and tendencies are no better than anyone else on the board. As for Olsen, I will ride with the evals of a coach who is now an NFL OC, and not some jock sniffing sophomore liberal arts major. Do us a favor aziz, keep the factual information coming, keep your opinions to yourself and get your ****ing shine box.

263.gif

It's bc JC Schurburtt aint a jealous hoe like Patricia Ariz. The sooner this site takes cats like Ariz and Tito for what they are worth, which is UM students embedded by D$ to pick up on team and recruit chatter the better your lives will be. These kids have ZERO ******* experience playing or coaching the game of football. Their opinions on recruits or players abilities and tendencies are no better than anyone else on the board. As for Olsen, I will ride with the evals of a coach who is now an NFL OC, and not some jock sniffing sophomore liberal arts major. Do us a favor aziz, keep the factual information coming, keep your opinions to yourself and get your ******* shine box.

Love this part of the post

Advertisement

It's bc JC Schurburtt aint a jealous hoe like Patricia Ariz. The sooner this site takes cats like Ariz and Tito for what they are worth, which is UM students embedded by D$ to pick up on team and recruit chatter the better your lives will be. These kids have ZERO ******* experience playing or coaching the game of football. Their opinions on recruits or players abilities and tendencies are no better than anyone else on the board. As for Olsen, I will ride with the evals of a coach who is now an NFL OC, and not some jock sniffing sophomore liberal arts major. Do us a favor aziz, keep the factual information coming, keep your opinions to yourself and get your ******* shine box.

Pete just got...

[video=youtube;0ePQKD9iBfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU[/video]

Last edited:
No chance

What a difference a year makes.

I was never an Olsen guy.

And this is not even about his lack of focus or work ethic. It's really just that he doesn't have anywhere near the amount of talent to come onto the scene like Winston or Johnny

Few do. But how does he compare to AJ McCarron?

He has a long ways to go to be compared to McCarron.

Yea, like 1,000+ passing attempts. IMO, we need to slow down on throwing Olsen under the bus. He still has four years of eligibility left!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pete I usually like your stuff. And I don't post ever. But I have to disagree with you on your opinion of Olsen.

You are the first I have ever seen of anyone evaluating Olsen. To not like his game. I know he has some issues off the field and some character concerns. But I really think the kid has the goods.

I know you like Kaaya, but you're selling Olsen way way way too short.

Last edited:
People thought/think Johnny Football was/is a knucklehead, too ... That trait has no impact on his game.

And this is not even about his lack of focus or work ethic. It's really just that he doesn't have anywhere near the amount of talent to come onto the scene like Winston or Johnny

Yea, like 1,00+ passing attempts. IMO, we need to slow down on throwing Olsen under the bus. He still has fours years of eligibility left!

This is Miami, you're judged as a true freshmen .

No chance

Don't mistake physical ability for talent.

What specifically do you dislike about his game Peter? Footwork? Release? Arm Strength? The fact he took your girl?

Never an answer just the bs.

Lack of arm strength, sub-par decision making ability, not a good leader, bad attitude

Now does he have the chance to improve upon those things? Besides arm strength, yes. He can be a serviceable QB, but suggesting he will be anything more than that at this point is absurd.

Don't mistake lack of arm strength for talent at the QB spot. dorsey, Walsh had sub par to average arms and even Torretta had an average arm.

Decision making? He's only been on scout team - can't judge based on errant throws in scout team practices.

Not a good leader/bad attitude? Subjective. I'm not enamored that he has a party boy reputation but those kinds of things can easily change overnight. It's happened all the time in CFB.

And FTR, I'm not a big Olsen guy. QBs need a little more time to see more of. I don't see him starting this coming fall but I see him making strides....hopefully.

Advertisement
What specifically do you dislike about his game Peter? Footwork? Release? Arm Strength? The fact he took your girl?

Never an answer just the bs.

Lack of arm strength, sub-par decision making ability, not a good leader, bad attitude

Now does he have the chance to improve upon those things? Besides arm strength, yes. He can be a serviceable QB, but suggesting he will be anything more than that at this point is absurd.

lol hes a freshman. u don't think he can change any of the things you said outside of arm strength? btw give me a smart qb with average arm strength rather than another stephen morris.

Last edited:
No chance

Just remember that you aren't a talent evaluator. Especially when it comes to QBs to be more specific. Try not to throw around definites like "no chance" out there. You probably would've said the same thing about Ken Dorsey when he came in as a scrawny freshman.

Advertisement
Don't say I didn't warn you

Consider us warned then. However, given that Olsen was highly rated by MANY recruiting services and experts, and highly coveted by many programs, it probably shouldn't be surprising to you that most would take the expertise of those people over that of a fledgling sports reporter who has never coached nor is an expert talent evaluator.

Lmfao, Pete's getting killed.

Despite my comments to Pete, I think he does a very good job at reporting and getting the scoop from recruits. My issue is when he takes such a definitive stance about a highly regarded, highly recruited player that is quite different from what pretty much a near consensus of the recruiting experts takes. Especially when his bias becomes even more glaring as the posts he makes about Kaaya (who I think is a great recruit also) border on the man-crush level.

Advertisement
Back