The Next Jameis Winston Is ... Kevin Olsen

Advertisement
Nah pete he has a solid arm not a rocket but strong enough to make all the throws needed. Steve marriuci said at the under armour game he was impressed by olsen and thought he could be very good.

Of course he did. Find a quote where he said that a player sucked.

Watching this video and hearing his scouting report by Jc Schurburtt , it sounds absolutely nothing like Petes.

Actually quite the opposite. Now the attitude / leadership issues could be true but the physical breakdown is off .

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...highlights-scouting-report-for-4-star-recruit

It's bc JC Schurburtt aint a jealous hoe like Patricia Ariz. The sooner this site takes cats like Ariz and Tito for what they are worth, which is UM students embedded by D$ to pick up on team and recruit chatter the better your lives will be. These kids have ZERO ****ing experience playing or coaching the game of football. Their opinions on recruits or players abilities and tendencies are no better than anyone else on the board. As for Olsen, I will ride with the evals of a coach who is now an NFL OC, and not some jock sniffing sophomore liberal arts major. Do us a favor aziz, keep the factual information coming, keep your opinions to yourself and get your ****ing shine box.

363.jpg

No one should take anyone's words for gospel, but telling Pete he can't give his opinions is ridiculous lol.

Advertisement
As much as I love Olsen, Golden's track record suggests that he has a preference for playing experience over talent. Unfortunately we will be getting a heavy dose of Ryan Williams in 2014 even though Olsen is the better QB.

As much as I love Olsen, Golden's track record suggests that he has a preference for playing experience over talent. Unfortunately we will be getting a heavy dose of Ryan Williams in 2014 even though Olsen is the better QB.

Based on what?

Advertisement
Words of wisdom: "All 'potential' means is you haven't done sh*t (yet)."

AKA: "I'm not impressed." --simultaneously criticism and motivation.

Whether or not you consider KOlsen's redshirt/trufrosh year an "opportunity" vs. Kaaya coming in --I think that definitely applies here, regarding college-level ball. Only time will tell...

Advertisement
Watching this video and hearing his scouting report by Jc Schurburtt , it sounds absolutely nothing like Petes.

Actually quite the opposite. Now the attitude / leadership issues could be true but the physical breakdown is off .

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...highlights-scouting-report-for-4-star-recruit
Can't wait to have a Chad Pennington on our team!!

If he has similar statistical and win-loss results as Chad Pennington's college career, I think we'd all be very happy.

If he has similar statistical and win-loss results as Chad Pennington's college career, I think we'd all be very happy.

If he is as good as Chad Pennington was we would be very lucky.

If he is as good as Chad Pennington was we would be very lucky.
"Originally the Thundering Herd's fourth-string quarterback in 1995 (and slated to be redshirted), Pennington led Marshall to the NCAA Division I-AA Football Championship game, in which Marshall lost to Montana, 22-20. The following year, Pennington was redshirted in favor of Eric Kresser, a transfer from the University of Florida who guided the Herd's return to the 1-AA Championship game in 1996. Pennington returned to play in 1997 as Marshall moved from Division 1-AA to Division 1-A football. His senior year (1999) featured Marshall having an undefeated and untied record (13-0) as Pennington led the team to its third consecutive Mid-American Conference championship.
Pennington set school records in several passing categories. Randy Moss was Pennington's top receiver at Marshall. He finished fifth in Heisman voting in 1999. Pennington was selected by the New York Jets in the first round and was the eighteenth (18th) overall pick of the 2000 NFL Draft. Pennington finished his career at Marshall with 1,026 of 1,619 completions for 13,423 yards and 115 touchdowns, with only 45 interceptions.
He led Marshall to the school's first bowl victory in a 48-29 routing of Louisville in the 1998 Motor City Bowl. Pennington was the bowl game's MVP. Pennington and Marshall returned to Pontiac, Michigan, the following year taking a 21-3 victory over Brigham Young, capping Pennington's undefeated senior season.
In addition to his success on the football field, Pennington excelled academically, graduating with a degree in journalism, a 3.83 grade point average and becoming a finalist for the Rhodes Scholarship. He wrote frequently for Marshall's newspaper The Parthenon and was a broadcaster for the school's radio station, although he used a pseudonym on air so as not to be distracting."
(via wikipedia)
I was just kidding, I feel like their comparison totally makes sense.

Advertisement
We're winning the National Freaking Championship if Kevin Olsen is as good as Chad Pennington.

Chad would have been a really really good QB if he hadn't hurt his shoulder. He was working with an average arm to begin with and the shoulder troubles zapped him of whatever arm talent he had. Between the ears though, it doesn't get much better than Chad.

Comparing Winston to Olsen is unfair and incomplete: FSU's 4th string RB was better than who we had at RB at the end of last year, FSU has multiple WR's that will play on Sunday - Coley was great at times but in some cases just disappeared in games but O-line is the real difference. For most of the year Winston wasnt touched all game long while Morris was running for his life almost every down. Look at the Natl Championship game - when Auburn got pressure Winston looked like JAG

Impossible for Olsen to be the next Winston. You cannot compare white athletes to black athletes. DUH!!

Plus, Olsen isn't a rapist.

Lulz

255.gif

not even close, Kevin Olsen will never need to rape a white girl to get laid....

Uhhhh

Pete I usually like your stuff. And I don't post ever. But I have to disagree with you on your opinion of Olsen.

You are the first I have ever seen of anyone evaluating Olsen. To not like his game. I know he has some issues off the field and some character concerns. But I really think the kid has the goods.

I know you like Kaaya, but you're selling Olsen way way way too short.

10/10

Advertisement
Back