The Next Jameis Winston Is ... Kevin Olsen

And this is not even about his lack of focus or work ethic. It's really just that he doesn't have anywhere near the amount of talent to come onto the scene like Winston or Johnny

This is true, but he's not a scrub either. Guy has the talent to be a legit college QB.

Will he be? Only he can decide that.

Definitely has the ability to be a good college QB. Just don't think people should expect him to win a Heisman or anything near that

I think he can be an All-ACC quarterback and go in the 3rd round. I think that's his ceiling.

Advertisement
I dont think he is winston or manziel but hundley and hogan at stanford played as rsfrosh. I think he can be better than at least hogan. Olsen is workingout right now to try and be the starter. He has been down in carolina with greg so maybe ken dorsey can help him some. I just dont believe that ryan williams is that good.

Last edited:
Impossible for Olsen to be the next Winston. You cannot compare white athletes to black athletes. DUH!!

Advertisement
Pete showing his immaturity. He loves Kaaya so much he feels the need to bash Olsen. Pete is right that Olsen has shown he needs to grow up, but he's more talented than Pete thinks. IMO Kaaya is a slightly better prospect, hard to tell until they show up. Unfortunate that Kaaya won't be here in the Spring. We'll see if Olsen can grow up enough to give Williams a run for his money.

And this is not even about his lack of focus or work ethic. It's really just that he doesn't have anywhere near the amount of talent to come onto the scene like Winston or Johnny

This is true, but he's not a scrub either. Guy has the talent to be a legit college QB.

Definitely has the ability to be a good college QB. Just don't think people should expect him to win a Heisman or anything near that

I think he can be an All-ACC quarterback and go in the 3rd round. I think that's his ceiling.

What are you basing this on? Please, I would love to know.

Impossible for Olsen to be the next Winston. You cannot compare white athletes to black athletes. DUH!!

Plus, Olsen isn't a rapist.

255.gif

Advertisement

What are you basing this on? Please, I would love to know.

His film and what others have said about him.

No chance

What a difference a year makes.

I was never an Olsen guy.

Not many people outside of the Manziel family tree though that kid would become the player he is today at the QB position. Unlike Winston, who was known by every scout, and fan. Not only in football, but baseball.

Olsen isn't the lack luster talent that you try to describe him as. Kid has plenty of talent to offer the position, and also, probably has forgotten more about the position. Than most other college QB's know. Pretty sure growing up around coaching his entire life. The kid can grasp X's and O's easy.

Not sure about him being the next Winston, but Golden needs to know if he's going to be the next QB to lead Miami to big things and he needs to know this sooner rather than later.
I'm all of letting Williams/Olsen battle for the starting spot and may the best man win.
But if it happens to be Williams that wins Golden needs to find a way to work Olsen in somehow. I would put Williams on a short leash and wouldn't hesitate to pull him in favor or Olsen. We need to know if Olsen is it and if not set our sights on Kaaya.
One thing I like about Urban is that he empowers his young QBs by throwing them in the fire. Golden needs to start doing the same.. Enough cuddling.

Advertisement
Johnny Football didnt even know he would be Johnny football. And there will never be another Johnny Football.

People always in love with the shiny new toy. Pretty much the only explanation I have.

Advertisement
No chance
The sooner you learn to be unbiased about certain players and recruits the sooner you will become a premier journalist in South Florida. The fact that you said no chance before the kid even steps foot on the field shows your weakness.

I wasn't coming at Pete, think he's a great journalist and he does a great job for this site, I just think he's overly bias towards certain players he's friends with etc.. etc..

Advertisement
Back