the new running clock rule...

k9cane

Senior
it will make a huge difference in how coaches manage games. If you're behind in the second half by more than two scores, you REALLY be mindful of tempo and getting that snap off quickly. Billy Napier was just awful tonight. He did a great job of milking that clock for Utah

Now, if you have a big offensive line, and playing from ahead, and you can run the ball, you can just shorten games and squeeze out other offenses.

I know of a certain team that just might have that....anyhoo.....

Advertisement
it will make a huge difference in how coaches manage games. If you're behind in the second half by more than two scores, you REALLY be mindful of tempo and getting that snap off quickly. Billy Napier was just awful tonight. He did a great job of milking that clock for Utah

Now, if you have a big offensive line, and playing from ahead, and you can run the ball, you can just shorten games and squeeze out other offenses.

Clock management didnt seem like a strong point last year soooo..

Advertisement

First of all, Go Utes, fu k the Gates.

That said, I swear these dip****s seem to just have too much time on their hands in the off-season. If I didn’t know any better, I swear they get ****ed up and play slap *** as they blindfold each other and throw darts at a random rule change dart board.

I guess we should feel lucky every year it hasn’t become flag football yet..

That said, I swear these dip****s seem to just have too much time on their hands in the off-season. If I didn’t know any better, I swear they get ****ed up and play slap *** as they blindfold each other and throw darts at a random rule change dart board.

No doubt

I’ll also say I understand wanting to shorten the games. You sit there for 4.5 hours watching a game it’s absurd

But if you’re not gonna fix TV timeouts and the ridiculous amount of time they spend reviewing plays, targeting calls etc then don’t come at me trying to “shorten the game” by sacrificing the action first and the bull**** second

Advertisement

I’m surprised that they didn’t announce the revolutionary change that the clock will run during TV timeouts.

Florida is so **** sorry and slingblade Billy looks lost on the sideline. That looked like a manny Diaz coached team. Complete failure in preparation, costly mistakes, zero clock awareness. Now way they win more than 5 games this year. Zero playmakers on offense, slow *** defense.

Them boys running the slowest 4th quarter offense I’ve ever seen from a team down two scores…….except Gattis against A&M last year hahaha

It is all about the unders. Will take 2 weeks for the public to adjust. vegas has but people are taking the over moving the line again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I the only one who liked the rule change ?

I’m not sure I care either way. Clock management is clock management and coaches need to adapt and be good at it.

Mario was questionable about it last year. Not burning more time off almost cost Utah and Napier ran the 4th quarter offense like he needed a FG to win, rather than two TDs.

That was corching, not the clock change.

Yeah not sure what UF was doing down 13 late in the game draining the play clock on every play.

Advertisement
Back