the new running clock rule...

Advertisement
Advertisement
it will make a huge difference in how coaches manage games. If you're behind in the second half by more than two scores, you REALLY be mindful of tempo and getting that snap off quickly. Billy Napier was just awful tonight. He did a great job of milking that clock for Utah

Now, if you have a big offensive line, and playing from ahead, and you can run the ball, you can just shorten games and squeeze out other offenses.

I know of a certain team that just might have that....anyhoo.....
Napier running his own clock down at the end of the third quarter was chefs kiss 😂 he had like :32 to get a play off and just sat on it down I think 3 scores still

Think about what some of you are saying…
Running the clock more BETWEEN plays, smh.

I’m going to “go out on a limb” here and say that a portion of time cut will go to more commercial time.
Absolutely which sucks but college games were too long. In 06 I hated the whole clock starts after a change of possession. This is basically NFL rules right? It will just take time to adjust to. One thing is for sure, crazy 3 TD comebacks late aren’t going to be easy anymore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn’t the data show last week that all it did was decrease the total number of plays by about 10% but the overall game time by a much smaller amount?

So less football, but more commercials. In the age of everyone fighting for the last dollar and everyone moving away from people actually hitting each other, this makes perfect sense. More commercials, less contact.

It is all about the unders. Will take 2 weeks for the public to adjust. vegas has but people are taking the over moving the line again
This is incorrect. Sample size is too small and under’s aren’t hitting at a massively high rate in that small sample either. Vegas and the public haven’t had the chance to adjust to anything. It’s week 1 and 90% of the country hasn’t played a snap yet.

I don’t hate it but I’m not sure I like it yet, I need to watch more games.
I do agree w people that cutting down on commercials would be better then losing football but the college game has always been too slow for my liking. Same w college BBall.

Advertisement
This is incorrect. Sample size is too small and under’s aren’t hitting at a massively high rate in that small sample either. Vegas and the public haven’t had the chance to adjust to anything. It’s week 1 and 90% of the country hasn’t played a snap yet.
Played every under this week. Will let you know

I don't like the new clock rules especially in the way they have been implemented.
Hope we thrive tonight. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Back