Confirmed The new Miami Hurricanes locker room...

Advertisement
I don’t think anyone would argue that vandy hasn’t failed as a football program…that logo is their participation trophy
Vandy has done absolutely nothing for SEC football in my lifetime. They're the pesky parasite that lives off the reputation of those Universities spending millions to enhance their product.

Advertisement
At end of UGA video a logo pops up for “Longhorn Locker Company”.
i'd hate to work on them based on their name alone..

but they've done some of the best teams in the country and have apparently worked with our basketball team already...

jfc

the softer facility is a different building from thr Hecht ans the locker rooms where the changes are coming, though they connect.

I may be mistaken, but thought that Coach Macho posted that the football facility would be built on top of Hecht or the Soffer IPF.

EIther way, it doesn't matter. The name on the door means a lot less than the fact that the actual facility is going to be a thing.

Advertisement
The Soffer name is on the IPF. The IPF is not being torn down and replaced. It sounds like they are remodeling existing space and then possible adding additional space. The IPF remains and the Soffer name would remain on it. If a single donor pays for all or a large majority of say the new weight room then that room gets named after them or they get to name it if they so choose.
I thought the talk was Cristobal said the IPF wasn't good enough?

Advertisement
Miami players currently have these in the locker room

1643125876518.jpeg

Yeah but a lot of the new building isn't going to be bells and whistles, but actual advancement in training, nutrition, player development, technology, care... the locker rooms are just some pretty lipstick. But it's where the players spend a LOT of their time, hang out... it should be a place they like to be at so they hang and bond more. Also, when Bama and A&M and UGA are offering up their NIL's you don't want to have a disadvantage when its apples to apples. We've been making excuses for our facilities for years. Mario wants UM to compete in every facet. Everything will be brought up to a championship level. Everything.

“Also, when Bama and A&M and UGA are offering up their NIL's you don't want to have a disadvantage when its apples to apples. We've been making excuses for our facilities for years. Mario wants UM to compete in every facet. Everything will be brought up to a championship level. Everything.”

I wish I could upvote this 100x based upon this statement. THANK YOU! I don’t get why some fans don’t get this; this ain’t the 80’s anymore. This ain’t the 90’s - early 2000’s anymore.

Facilities have become a recruiting tool. Is it #1 for recruits? No; ****, it may not be top 5 reason, but it is “a” reason, and it’s in the top 10 per most surveys as to y kids pick a school. So if school A is battling school B for a recruit’s pledge, and all things r equal except School A has better facilities than School B, believe it or not folks, that “impressionable” youth can & have picked School A b/c of that.

Facilities r where these young men spend most of their time. And make no mistake; Rad was the brain trust of Clemson’s football complex, so we have a two headed beast that understands marketing, recruiting, & infrastructure. I’m excited. Just off GP though, would hope The Hecht Name may be used as apart of the wing of the new facility just b/c of their contributions to the school, if the name is removed from the complex.

Advertisement
It obviously has tremendous impact on the Vandy program.
need the HC to recruit, u can have a mcdonalds playground in the locker room as long as u bring the elites u will win. Mario just didnt want to be negative recruited and wanted a financial commitment from the school. He didnt want mickey mouse leadership.

Based on those designs, I'd guess the same company designed them both and that's why they're telling people it'll resemble Vandy and UGA. Maybe we're hiring the same company to design ours?
Yes Longhorn Lockers Inc. their claim to fame was the ....u guessed it Texas Longhorn locker room.

Not true, I've turned down several higher paying jobs than the one I am currently at because I love what I do and the environment that I work in. I know several people who have done the same as well. Happiness in what you are doing definitely matters.

If I was an 18 year old 5 star recruit and had the option to get paid 100,000 and play in college station for 3-4 years or get paid 70,000 and play 3-4 years in Miami I would go Miami all day.
College station is a true college town and you play in front of 105,000 at home and you’re in the SEC. I’d take college station all day long. Can’t beat that environment as a college athlete

Miami is a pro sports city.

“Also, when Bama and A&M and UGA are offering up their NIL's you don't want to have a disadvantage when its apples to apples. We've been making excuses for our facilities for years. Mario wants UM to compete in every facet. Everything will be brought up to a championship level. Everything.”

I wish I could upvote this 100x based upon this statement. THANK YOU! I don’t get why some fans don’t get this; this ain’t the 80’s anymore. This ain’t the 90’s - early 2000’s anymore.

Facilities have become a recruiting tool. Is it #1 for recruits? No; ****, it may not be top 5 reason, but it is “a” reason, and it’s in the top 10 per most surveys as to y kids pick a school. So if school A is battling school B for a recruit’s pledge, and all things r equal except School A has better facilities than School B, believe it or not folks, that “impressionable” youth can & have picked School A b/c of that.

Facilities r where these young men spend most of their time. And make no mistake; Rad was the brain trust of Clemson’s football complex, so we have a two headed beast that understands marketing, recruiting, & infrastructure. I’m excited. Just off GP though, would hope The Hecht Name may be used as apart of the wing of the new facility just b/c of their contributions to the school, if the name is removed from the complex.
Yes yes yes. If it’s not an advantage, it’s a disadvantage. While not at the top of the list for recruits, it is a variable. When recruiting you need to capitalize on any advantage you have against the competition and neutralize any negative variables. Time to make facilities (particularly areas where they spend a lot of time) an advantage.

I want recruits, when they sit down and discuss pros/cons, to say that Miami had the best facilities of all my visits.

Advertisement
Back