Confirmed The new Miami Hurricanes locker room...

Advertisement
As I posted before, the AD Society fund at UM raised about $3.5mm to overhaul the locker rooms, and the raised the money fairly quickly. That said, about 3 weeks ago all Golden Canes and AD Society Donors received an email/text stating that Rad and Mario want to raise $10 million to overhaul both the locker AND weight rooms. It is my understanding that we also received about 20-30 of those pods that LSU has from the Dolphins, who are getting new ones. Theirs are only a year or two old.

The first thing you see in the Vandy video is the $ec logo... for ***** sake, I've got no words for how lame that is. If your identity is your conference then you've failed imo.
It’s not their fault. It’s the propaganda the media spews 24/7 365 about the SEC. It’s legitimately indoctrination at this point. Only two can stop it, USC and Miami. Outside contender that can also do it even though we don’t want them too: FSU

Advertisement
Yeah but a lot of the new building isn't going to be bells and whistles, but actual advancement in training, nutrition, player development, technology, care... the locker rooms are just some pretty lipstick. But it's where the players spend a LOT of their time, hang out... it should be a place they like to be at so they hang and bond more. Also, when Bama and A&M and UGA are offering up their NIL's you don't want to have a disadvantage when its apples to apples. We've been making excuses for our facilities for years. Mario wants UM to compete in every facet. Everything will be brought up to a championship level. Everything.
I was actually just editing my comment as you were typing this to make mine more clear in that I was mainly referencing the lounges and locker rooms. I pretty much agree though- especially on the training/nutrition front. And we absolutely should want to compete on every front and this stuff contributes to overall how much a kid feels valued by the school which is absolutely important.

I just think things have changed drastically though with NIL. In the rare instances where this stuff may have been a tiebreaker for a recruit I think the idea of getting let's say $50k more a year (obviously that figure could fluctuate in either direction depending on the recruit) to go to School A vs School B will immediately supplant School B having a nicer video game lounge and school branded leather recliners than School A.

Appreciate the response, thanks... The only thing with what you said is "new building , new name" but then said Soffer remains Soffer... If someone else is now putting up the cash for it then wouldn't it kinda be their choice on name?? Locker room as well??
Not trying to sound contradictive, again just wondering how it could potentially play out...
The Soffer name is on the IPF. The IPF is not being torn down and replaced. It sounds like they are remodeling existing space and then possible adding additional space. The IPF remains and the Soffer name would remain on it. If a single donor pays for all or a large majority of say the new weight room then that room gets named after them or they get to name it if they so choose.

I see it this way. If Miami has like 75% of that locker and they pay me like 65-75% of what other schools would pay me, I would pick Miami all the time. Everything in life is a sacrifice and you can’t have it all but warm weather and the vibes that Miami has can be life altering. Specially since mental health is such a big issue nowadays.

Smashing my buddies rejects aint my style. lol but I'm not the boy band type either. I guess Vandy has to do what they gotta do.

Agreed. I’m not saying it’s my motto

I’m just saying I can see why they are leaning into the SEC mantra with their locker room even when they’ll never compete in the SEC

Advertisement
The Soffer name is on the IPF. The IPF is not being torn down and replaced. It sounds like they are remodeling existing space and then possible adding additional space. The IPF remains and the Soffer name would remain on it. If a single donor pays for all or a large majority of say the new weight room then that room gets named after them or they get to name it if they so choose.
Gotcha... That's what I was getting at... I just didn't know the extent of remodeling to existing structures and new construction itself.... Either way I'm happy it seems to be coming about.... Like I said in another post I really wanna see some renderings and such to see what they have in mind.... Hopefully they're making some simulated walk through vids and such, those are cool...

I see it this way. If Miami has like 75% of that locker and they pay me like 65-75% of what other schools would pay me, I would pick Miami all the time. Everything in life is a sacrifice and you can’t have it all but warm weather and the vibes that Miami has can be life altering. Specially since mental health is such a big issue nowadays.
NOBODY is taking 65% less in any situation, lol.. Lets not fool ourselves here.. You not working for that much less, nobody at any job.. You are a fan, we all are but that would just be foolish

Appreciate the response, thanks... The only thing with what you said is "new building , new name" but then said Soffer remains Soffer... If someone else is now putting up the cash for it then wouldn't it kinda be their choice on name?? Locker room as well??
Not trying to sound contradictive, again just wondering how it could potentially play out...
That is why you have Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field. No names get dropped and most certainly not the Soffer's.

Advertisement
NOBODY is taking 65% less in any situation, lol.. Lets not fool ourselves here.. You not working for that much less, nobody at any job.. You are a fan, we all are but that would just be foolish
Not true, I've turned down several higher paying jobs than the one I am currently at because I love what I do and the environment that I work in. I know several people who have done the same as well. Happiness in what you are doing definitely matters.

If I was an 18 year old 5 star recruit and had the option to get paid 100,000 and play in college station for 3-4 years or get paid 70,000 and play 3-4 years in Miami I would go Miami all day.

Not true, I've turned down several higher paying jobs than the one I am currently at because I love what I do and the environment that I work in. I know several people who have done the same as well. Happiness in what you are doing definitely matters.

If I was an 18 year old 5 star recruit and had the option to get paid 100,000 and play in college station for 3-4 years or get paid 70,000 and play 3-4 years in Miami I would go Miami all day.
That’s true but a lot of people can convince themselves they’ll be happy somewhere based on the pay, especially if it’s their first time faced with that amount.

Advertisement
That’s true but a lot of people can convince themselves they’ll be happy somewhere based on the pay, especially if it’s their first time faced with that amount.
I did that when I was a bit younger lol left a job I enjoyed being at for a 30% pay increase and said sh*t making this kind of money as a 21 year old will make me happy enough lol Ended up miserable and hating the job. Luckily got another pay increase to take the job I'm at now and have turned down a few higher paying offers because I love the people I work with and what I do.

Would love ours to take some inspiration from the LSU locker rooms. Those things are SICK

Personally I like Vandys locker room the best of the 3 briefly shown. All of them are badass but their recliners look much more comfortable than LSU’s pods. Those things look a little wonky and you can see it in video with how some guys look awkward laying in them. I fully expect Vandy to become the new dominant power in the SEC now

I did that when I was a bit younger lol left a job I enjoyed being at for a 30% pay increase and said sh*t making this kind of money as a 21 year old will make me happy enough lol Ended up miserable and hating the job. Luckily got another pay increase to take the job I'm at now and have turned down a few higher paying offers because I love the people I work with and what I do.
That's one of the overlooked aspects of a coaching search. Everyone assumes people want to move up the ladder and take more money to go to a shthole.

Advertisement
Back