The most frustrating part

Advertisement
I’ve been calling out the offense for weeks. ****, I even said it was bad that Young still only has two targets in the red zone by TVD.

I still think it is pretty ironic that Mario’s kids aren’t the ones getting bone headed Personal Fouls called on them. We can say the 15 Manny kids are now Mario’s, I guess. It still begs the question: why are Mario’s recruits not getting the calls IF it were coaching?
These aren’t Manny guys anymore. He chose them and they stayed. They’re Mario guys.

Win or lose he’s here for awhile. Don’t even think about it.
IMG_3642.jpg

I mean I see the progress but the coaching decisions we make lose games now so what changes next year that doesn’t make us lose the same close games? Easy one would’ve been split Colbie down and throw him 1 fade 1on1 I’m sure he comes down with it instead it goes to George not that it’s bad just not using ur personnel correctly

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haven’t rewatched the whole thing yet but through the first quarter and a half we DEFINITELY were in more 10 and 11 personnel, with wider receiver splits and actually having 88 split out wide in 11 sets. Did the offense revert back over the course of the game, probably, just haven’t made myself watch the whole thing. But, shockingly, the offense was cooking through a quarter+ with the field more spread.

The Brashard wildcat play was ******* awful. And something that’s going to fly under the radar was the decision to try to moonball the kickoff after the second touchdown that led to them having the ball in plus territory when all the momentum was going our way.
This was a another jack az zmove and i sat their wondering why on earth? what was the benefit?.. 5 yards or so. They ended up starting their drive on like our 40

If he’s 6—6 or 7-5 in year 5 he won’t survive-

They will honor him for 5 years-

Make no mistake he’ll be canned if this **** show continues in year 5-

No matter how much talent you have you overcome incompetence and dumb.

Remember this same conversation happened last year with Gattis? We‘re living in insanity lol
Exactly. We're blaming coordinators and schemes and talent depth, etc. every year. Miami is a place where talent does not reach its full potential. I don't exactly know why. I think part of it is because we're so reliant on raw football ability and athleticism in So. Florida and not truly establishing an identity and culture of doing things correctly and intelligently ala Coach L. in Basketball. We're always chasing the "five star kid" as opposed to having a system and scheme in which we recruit quality kids (maybe not as highly rated) who will work their *** off and be intelligent football players in practice, the classroom, and on GameDay. Philosophically, Miami is rotten at its core. Just not sure if anyone can fix it.

Advertisement
No he is getting 5-6 years like Jimbo IMO. Too much guaranteed $$ and he is a "Miami guy"
He’s more intertwined with this than just money

His contract wasn’t my biggest concern it was how he basically has whatever infrastructure he needed in place

He didn’t earn leverage like that

Advertisement
If only the administration really cared to fully focus on football to get it "right"
Like conducting a THOROUGH coaching search for an actual ELITE head coach to actually WIN games and turn the program around. We basically have two modes of coach selection:

1. Get a babysitter for cheap
2. Get serious about football but bring in their guy only utilizing the “hometown” hook-up.

Advertisement
Back