The most frustrating part

If you don't think Miami is an undisciplined team, you are not watching them, listening to the radio broadcast, or looking at the box score. There is no way you could come to that conclusion without simply not having any idea what you're talking about.

Perhaps we've been so undisciplined for so long that when we are just having brain melts late against Louisville it looks like we're disciplined because we didn't have 6 penalties that came before it like it did earlier in the year? I'm not sure.

I'm not even saying this is a Mario thing...outside of 2017-18 with Richt where we were a Top 50 team in the nation in penalties per game, we are regularly in the bottom half, many times in the 100s...

2019-2023 penalties per game national ranking - 91, 106, 109, 112, 105.
Someone like Jahfari Harvey or Ragone or JHH, Couch, Keontra...ya know, the old dudes that have been here forever, I don't think any other players in America have seen more flags thrown on their teams during their time here. An absurd amount of penalties.

2017, 2018 under Richt were good, Top 50 in the nation in penalties per game.

2009-2016 - 107, 128, 105, 62 (our 9 win season under Golden), 105, 56, 56, 116, 94.

I don't think you'll find a Power 5 team in the nation with that consistency of sub-100 years in penalties, and we've done it under every coach we've had. Its a disease.
i believe most of marios oregons teams are always near the bottom in penalties.

Advertisement
The "no discipline" sentiment is asinine. Miami had three penalties all day for 20 yards until two receivers foolishly lost their cool in pivotal final minute moments. To say it's an indictment on the team is unfair.

A few years back—especially under Diaz—this program was beyond undisciplined and committing boneheaded infractions every week.

You call the team "pretty good" but in your lengthy rant you never say a world about Tyler Van Dyke completely going to **** in a handbag; 11 touchdowns and one interception the first four games—11 interceptions, two fumbles and five touchdowns his next five.

Against GT, UNC, UVA and NC State—all games TVD started—Miami lost the turnover battle 15-to-5—a 3-to-1 ratio in a stretch where the Canes went 1-3.

Nobody was "coaching to extend games"; they were coaching to deal with a quarterback who couldn't read a zone defense and forgot how to play football—hence why a true freshman wound up getting a start in Tallahassee against No. 4 Florida State. Van Dyke was THAT BAD and is only back in because Williams got hurt.

As for your "flipped roster" theory, again, inaccurate.

Colonel Sanders flipped Colorado's roster with 51 new transfers and 21 new freshman; Mario welcomed 17 transfers and 26 new freshman—where a half dozen played and had an impact this year (Bain, Mauigoa, Fletcher, Brown, Williams)—and again, a roster is as good as it's quarterback and Miami's went to sh*t.

Seriously, all these years Miami had a pretty good quarterback but zero offensive line—and now the best line this program as seen in years and a veteran quarterback becomes a turnover machine. You can't make it up.

Cristobal is the CEO of this team and it all falls on him, but again where is the criticism of Dawson and Guidry? Why couldn't Guidry find a way to stop tight ends from Clemson or Louisville? The Cards had three guys with nine receptions for 112 yards and a touchdown—hauling in big grabs at the game's most important times—while Dawson is the one putting Smith in the backfield in the wildcat with zero innovation outside of running up the middle. Same for trying to always pound it with Fletcher on every 3rd- or 4th-and-short. ... and enough with the Mario handcuffs his coordinators; we all saw the article after the aTm win where Cristobal "liked what her heard" when Dawson wanted to go for the jugular on 3rd-and-4 to "ends this m'fer right here".

Hilarious how it's Mario supposedly micromanaging his coordinators when plays don't work, but all the glory to Dawson and Guidry when something good happens. Mario needs to close strong on the trail, hit the portal hard, figure out if Dawson is staying or going (and find a better option if he's gone)—and then the clock is ticking even more year three, with Miami needing to be back year four.

Again, everybody's swinging from Norvell's nuts right now—dude was 8-13 after his second year, with an 0-4 start (and home loss to Jacksonville State)—before he started turning things around the next year... while y'all thought Lincoln Riley had it solved after 11-3 last year (despite garbage defense and getting his schnutz pushed in by Utah twice—which was apparently a huge deal when it happened to Cristobal, but Riley gets a pass.) Now Riley goes 7-5 with a Heisman-winning quarterback and nobody wants to talk about USC's big score anymore. Hilarious.
I was eating lunch when I read this post. I barfed in my mouth bc this post is so gross, so thanks a lot.

Our QB "forgot to play football". Do you actually believe this? He just forgot? Nothing to do with the fact he had a muscle hanging out of his leg? Nothing to do with the bunch formations and play calls? You say he can't read a zone, but what is a coaches job? Should be to teach a player right?

I would respond to the rest of your post, but I have vomit to clean up. So again, thanks.

The "no discipline" sentiment is asinine. Miami had three penalties all day for 20 yards until two receivers foolishly lost their cool in pivotal final minute moments. To say it's an indictment on the team is unfair.

A few years back—especially under Diaz—this program was beyond undisciplined and committing boneheaded infractions every week.

You call the team "pretty good" but in your lengthy rant you never say a world about Tyler Van Dyke completely going to **** in a handbag; 11 touchdowns and one interception the first four games—11 interceptions, two fumbles and five touchdowns his next five.

Against GT, UNC, UVA and NC State—all games TVD started—Miami lost the turnover battle 15-to-5—a 3-to-1 ratio in a stretch where the Canes went 1-3.

Nobody was "coaching to extend games"; they were coaching to deal with a quarterback who couldn't read a zone defense and forgot how to play football—hence why a true freshman wound up getting a start in Tallahassee against No. 4 Florida State. Van Dyke was THAT BAD and is only back in because Williams got hurt.

As for your "flipped roster" theory, again, inaccurate.

Colonel Sanders flipped Colorado's roster with 51 new transfers and 21 new freshman; Mario welcomed 17 transfers and 26 new freshman—where a half dozen played and had an impact this year (Bain, Mauigoa, Fletcher, Brown, Williams)—and again, a roster is as good as it's quarterback and Miami's went to sh*t.

Seriously, all these years Miami had a pretty good quarterback but zero offensive line—and now the best line this program as seen in years and a veteran quarterback becomes a turnover machine. You can't make it up.

Cristobal is the CEO of this team and it all falls on him, but again where is the criticism of Dawson and Guidry? Why couldn't Guidry find a way to stop tight ends from Clemson or Louisville? The Cards had three guys with nine receptions for 112 yards and a touchdown—hauling in big grabs at the game's most important times—while Dawson is the one putting Smith in the backfield in the wildcat with zero innovation outside of running up the middle. Same for trying to always pound it with Fletcher on every 3rd- or 4th-and-short. ... and enough with the Mario handcuffs his coordinators; we all saw the article after the aTm win where Cristobal "liked what her heard" when Dawson wanted to go for the jugular on 3rd-and-4 to "ends this m'fer right here".

Hilarious how it's Mario supposedly micromanaging his coordinators when plays don't work, but all the glory to Dawson and Guidry when something good happens. Mario needs to close strong on the trail, hit the portal hard, figure out if Dawson is staying or going (and find a better option if he's gone)—and then the clock is ticking even more year three, with Miami needing to be back year four.

Again, everybody's swinging from Norvell's nuts right now—dude was 8-13 after his second year, with an 0-4 start (and home loss to Jacksonville State)—before he started turning things around the next year... while y'all thought Lincoln Riley had it solved after 11-3 last year (despite garbage defense and getting his schnutz pushed in by Utah twice—which was apparently a huge deal when it happened to Cristobal, but Riley gets a pass.) Now Riley goes 7-5 with a Heisman-winning quarterback and nobody wants to talk about USC's big score anymore. Hilarious.
Have you ever had an accurate take in your life?

Advertisement
He’s a higher paid Al Golden. At least with Golden we were paying bargain bin prices with similar results. Mario is one of the highest paid coaches in the country, we should be seeing progress but we are not.
Manny was fired for going 7-5! Let that sink in........as bad as he was he was fired for having a better season than Mario has had in his first two years...............*

* yes I know we have not lost to BC yet.

And let me say something about personal fouls. There is a great difference in pushing a guy in the face well after a play is over because he "allegedly" said you were not worth you high school 4 stars and blowing up a guy by hitting him at 100mph as his foot comes down on the sideline. The old teams had lots of the latter and none of the former..........................

Manny was fired for going 7-5! Let that sink in........as bad as he was he was fired for having a better season than Mario has had in his first two years...............*

* yes I know we have not lost to BC yet.
Going 7-5 was certainly not the only reason Manny got fired. It was obvious to anybody with a pulse he was in over his head and the program was in a steep decline after Richt was making some positive strides.

Advertisement
Going 7-5 was certainly not the only reason Manny got fired. It was obvious to anybody with a pulse he was in over his head and the program was in a steep decline after Richt was making some positive strides.
This. There was a known cultural problem inside the program. But some folks are just Reductionist so they won’t evolve their simplified view.

Still, you are what your record says you are and despite Manny’s flaws, Mario wins less often.

To this point at Miami, yes. Mario did win at a higher clip at OU. Time will tell if Mario can catch Manny
Mario was 23–9 in the PAC. Not exactly dominating……..Let’s be clear Zi want him to rip off a 56 game winning streak. I just have not seen proof he is 80 million elite…….

Advertisement
Coach Brohm is a prime example of a Coach scheming around his players limitations and talents. A Coach not totally relying on his players to " beat the man in front of you" but actually playing chess against the opposing coach and moving his pieces FAR better.

Bump.

Dude really outschemed the **** out of Florida State last night.

Advertisement
Back