The most frustrating part

wo6rkHJYcRTrSHcwxcR0DA_r.jpg

Advertisement
Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
💯

If we had run on the goal line in the fourth the boards would be screaming caveman.

Someone has to get open and the QB needs to make a play.
How come all of CFB Including Brohm makes teams pay for blitzing but Miami can’t ? We kept blitzing Brohm and he kept making us pay. Getting guys wide open and walking in for td’s inside the ten . We just drop our non mobile qb back and let him get treated like a piñata. You saw the play calls , who was open? What creativity did we use ? Rinse repeat every week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s a lot of positives with him but sadly game day isn’t one. And that matters.
We will never get over the hump with him.

He’s never going to be able to hold the jock of someone like Saban or Kirby in a playoff game.

Mario gives the other team at least 7 points almost every game.

Today he swung the game by about potentially 18 points.

End of first half plunder 7
3-11 run call to settle for field goal. Potentially 4
Time out on fourth down. 7

I’m at the point where I think that ******* luke would do better on game day

As I said
How does one become a head coach with 40 years of football experience and know less about clock management and football IQ than even the dumbest on CIS
There was only one question asked in the interview: ‘Did you play at Miami?’

Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
Half of the things you wrote directly contradict the other half the things you wrote.

Advertisement
If just 80 percent of this roster returns next season we'd STILL have a chance at winning the conference.

But that window is closing. We HAVE to win the next 2, minimum and win double digits next season.

The window is still open for Mario, but it is sliding ****. He has nothing to lose at this point except his job and a chance at ever being a HC again. Either he adapts, or its a wrap.

Spot on. Not sure how someone gets to this point with a decent amount of success previously and be so bad with Gameday decisions. It’s absurd

We pretty much ran spread the entirety of the game almost, and yet yall still *****ing about the offense, as if the defense wasn't the primary problem today - literally left 10 yards of room on every TE pass. Let me guess, Mario is meddling there too now? Game on the line down 7, and on 2nd/3/4th and goal we run spread and pass the ball. But tell me more about how mario is definitely meddling and forcing fizical bro-style lol. Literally the entirety of that complaint is on one 3rd and 2 run before half. Otherwise yall are *****ing about the wrong thing entirely.

We had refs reviewing every ******* play desperately trying to give advantage to louisville, stupid *** penalties to end the game. The Timout used at the end of the game, you're ******* dumb if you think that wasn't on Dawson calling for the check with me and then not liking the call when there was only 10 on the play clock.

And this game wasn't even on TVD either. He missed a couple passes, but for the most part played great. This loss was on the defense, and it wasn't even close. Our LB play is literally atrocious. JHH played well, but aside from that the DLine did literally nothing with Leonard Taylor out. CBs did fine. Safeties and LB got abused by their TEs.

If we had run on the goal line in the fourth the boards would be screaming caveman.

Someone has to get open and the QB needs to make a play.
The problem is not running the football. It is how they run it. You can run the ball in spread formations. Putting WRs near the sideline and creating light boxes. Unless Jacurri Brown is shadowbanned he can influence numbers by putting him in short yardage and adding the threat of a QB who will pull the football.

What every fan on the board should be furious about are the plays signaling to the world with your big back and condensed formation that this is caveman football, try to stop us.

Advertisement

All of this. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

We will never get over the hump with him.

He’s never going to be able to hold the jock of someone like Saban or Kirby in a playoff game.
Ive came to the reality of what this program is and that’s why I gave in to hiring Mario. I do think he’ll build the roster up with talent. I trust the evaluating and development to a degree. We’ll be tough, physical and talented. I said when we hired him we’d be in the 9–11 games a year ball park with the occasional big run every now and again. That was more because of the talent acquisition versus our conference. At the very best he’ll cost you one game a year with his coaching or multiple unnecessary close calls

Advertisement

As someone who has watched a ton of Ducks games (both my sisters went to Oregon) I warned this was going to be the case with Cristobal, but I nearly got banned for being "a troll." Always important to trust your eyes and not rely on hope that things will turn out differently just because of a change of environment.

How come all of CFB Including Brohm makes teams sell out for blitzing but Miami can’t ? We kept blitzing Brohm and he kept making us pay. Getting guys wide open and walking in for td’s inside the ten . We just drop our non mobile qb back and let him get treated like a piñata. You saw the play calls , who was open? What creativity did we use ? Rinse repeat every week.
You know he's not calling the plays, right?

Cristobal wasn't brought here to run the offence or defence. He's here to recruit and install culture.

Now sure, you can blame him for hiring another OC that doesn't maximise his talent - but this is the same OC that half you were crowning at the start of the year.

Advertisement
Back