The most frustrating part

Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
Brown attacked our weakness on defense. Dude showed us how our Linebackers are one of the worse in the country.

Advertisement
That’s it. There’s no amount of spin you can put on that
Locker room sounds like a mess. Listening to Joe and Don Bailey on the ride home, and it’s awkward as heck. Mario cussed on the air and called the late penalties complete crap. Super low tone, you can tell this one hurt - and he has no one to blame but himself.

I also noticed Matt Lee was the very first player in the tunnel. He was done with this asap. Way ahead of everyone else, and I’m not shocked he’s leaving after this season.

I fear we’re about to tumble big time.

Blame the coaches all you want but consider this: our defensive secondary has been BAD for many years and nothing will change until we get better/smarter players. We scored enough points to win today IF we had the players to make that happen. Just keep looking at the last TD they scored......that's ALL on the players.....not Mario or any other coach!

You know he's not calling the plays, right?

Cristobal wasn't brought here to run the offence or defence. He's here to recruit and install culture.

Now sure, you can blame him for hiring another OC that doesn't maximise his talent - but this is the same OC that half you were crowning at the start of the year.
My god, just when I think you can’t make a dumber post, you do.

Coaching has and will cost us multiple games. TVD played his heart out.

Mario Cristobal is now 5-10 in ACC play during his tenure at Miami. Lose to BC, and it’s the worst two-year stretch for a new coach since the 70’s.
We have a thread on this site making fun of UF's Napier all the time but is Mario any better.Maybe we should start one where we can point his blunders every week so we can look back after the season.

Advertisement
Can we conduct a thorough coaching search next time? 0 for our last 2 there. Generally a good idea to explore your options.

Losing record and 5-10 in the ACC thus far. Diaz had a far better record at the same point in his tenure. Joke.

Mario’s seat should be scorching right now.

We pretty much ran spread the entirety of the game almost, and yet yall still *****ing about the offense, as if the defense wasn't the primary problem today - literally left 10 yards of room on every TE pass. Let me guess, Mario is meddling there too now? Game on the line down 7, and on 2nd/3/4th and goal we run spread and pass the ball. But tell me more about how mario is definitely meddling and forcing fizical bro-style lol. Literally the entirety of that complaint is on one 3rd and 2 run before half. Otherwise yall are *****ing about the wrong thing entirely.

We had refs reviewing every ******* play desperately trying to give advantage to louisville, stupid *** penalties to end the game. The Timout used at the end of the game, you're ******* dumb if you think that wasn't on Dawson calling for the check with me and then not liking the call when there was only 10 on the play clock.

And this game wasn't even on TVD either. He missed a couple passes, but for the most part played great. This loss was on the defense, and it wasn't even close. Our LB play is literally atrocious. JHH played well, but aside from that the DLine did literally nothing with Leonard Taylor out. CBs did fine. Safeties and LB got abused by their TEs.
First off Running spread isn’t some magic cure. You still need creativity and to break your tends. The whole point of the game is to bot be predictable. Secondly we didn’t run spread most of the game , not sure what you were watching.

The question I have is who are the players making the boneheaded mistakes. It sure looks like the upperclassman to me. So no matter how much he has flipped the roster the ones making the critical mistakes are the ones who should know better.

Advertisement
1E015669-5703-4016-9585-66FC9153282F.jpeg

FAKE Tough!!

Tough part is that’s the best our offense has looked in two months
Without a doubt. But why? Felt like we did things we hadn’t been doing since AtM. Not talking execution either. The flea flicker (meh), a reverse, a real play action shot to young, some crossing routes (x TD), some limited motion. Some conservative stuff with the extra OL sure and to be expected given recent results. To me it’s so **** maddening to see these wrinkles that come out in game 11.

Advertisement
How come all of CFB Including Brohm makes teams sell out for blitzing but Miami can’t ? We kept blitzing Brohm and he kept making us pay. Getting guys wide open and walking in for td’s inside the ten . We just drop our non mobile qb back and let him get treated like a piñata. You saw the play calls , who was open? What creativity did we use ? Rinse repeat every week.
So you're problem is Dawson, not Mario lol.

How come all of CFB Including Brohm makes teams sell out for blitzing but Miami can’t ? We kept blitzing Brohm and he kept making us pay. Getting guys wide open and walking in for td’s inside the ten . We just drop our non mobile qb back and let him get treated like a piñata. You saw the play calls , who was open? What creativity did we use ? Rinse repeat every week.
Agree. That’s on the OC to scheme guys open and have some hot reads for the blitz packages.

Locker room sounds like a mess. Listening to Joe and Don Bailey on the ride home, and it’s awkward as heck. Mario cussed on the air and called the late penalties complete crap. Super low tone, you can tell this one hurt - and he has no one to blame but himself.

I also noticed Matt Lee was the very first player in the tunnel. He was done with this asap. Way ahead of everyone else, and I’m not shocked he’s leaving after this season.

I fear we’re about to tumble big time.
I’m with you but the last part. We’ve been tumbling for so long we don’t even remember what it looks like to be good

Advertisement
This is how I know you guys aren't objective. How anybody complains about the offense after today is a little silly IMO. When you put up 500 yards of offense and score 31 points you should win the football game.

Guidry and the defense got raped today.

Brown attacked our weakness on defense. Dude showed us how our Linebackers are one of the worse in the country.
He worked our body and then rocked us up top. He went from sideline to sideline then vertical. He ran just enough to use play action off the run action. Which we kept biting on. Leaking te’s and rb’s out.

The problem is not running the football. It is how they run it. You can run the ball in spread formations. Putting WRs near the sideline and creating light boxes. Unless Jacurri Brown is shadowbanned he can influence numbers by putting him in short yardage and adding the threat of a QB who will pull the football.

What every fan on the board should be furious about are the plays signaling to the world with your big back and condensed formation that this is caveman football, try to stop us.
Agreed. And seeing 84 on the field.

We pretty much ran spread the entirety of the game almost, and yet yall still *****ing about the offense, as if the defense wasn't the primary problem today - literally left 10 yards of room on every TE pass. Let me guess, Mario is meddling there too now? Game on the line down 7, and on 2nd/3/4th and goal we run spread and pass the ball. But tell me more about how mario is definitely meddling and forcing fizical bro-style lol. Literally the entirety of that complaint is on one 3rd and 2 run before half. Otherwise yall are *****ing about the wrong thing entirely.

We had refs reviewing every ******* play desperately trying to give advantage to louisville, stupid *** penalties to end the game. The Timout used at the end of the game, you're ******* dumb if you think that wasn't on Dawson calling for the check with me and then not liking the call when there was only 10 on the play clock.

And this game wasn't even on TVD either. He missed a couple passes, but for the most part played great. This loss was on the defense, and it wasn't even close. Our LB play is literally atrocious. JHH played well, but aside from that the DLine did literally nothing with Leonard Taylor out. CBs did fine. Safeties and LB got abused by their TEs.
1000038141.gif

Advertisement
Back