The most frustrating part

A never ending cycle if 7/8 win teams with the occasional 9-3 team. We are basically spending the most we ever spent and getting the exact same results lol.

lol try the never ending 6/7 win teams with the occasional 9 wins. I wish we averaged 8 wins, I would be doing back flips if we were 8-4 on average. We have only hit 8 wins once and that was the covid year. 8 for whatever the reason is a hard number for this program to hit

Advertisement
I said in another post. . .UNC was the only team to squarely beat us. This team is easily 10-1 with a semi non mental common sense HC. It is sickening watching the boneheadedness on offense.

For four straight drives I called them perfectly. 1st down run for minimal gain, second down pass, third down pass. If I can predict that, pay me mfin Miami!

If Miami gets a lead, and Miami has the ball, my wife knows what the three play calls are going to be to precede the 4th down punt.

TVD said he sat down with Dawson and they talked about what he liked and didn't like. They actually talked about a game plan. Why does it take until #10 to do that? Why ?

Dawson lost me a long time ago.
I rewatched the first half this morning. TVD apparently also told Dawson a list of plays he didn’t like/wasn’t comfortable running. According to the sideline reporter they were taken from the playbook….

Sounds a lot like how Rhett Lashlee worked with him. Really too bad Dawson/Mario didnt do it 5 games ago when he was really hurting

Will Mallory was at the game today. Think back to how many times in the past couple of years did TVD look to his TE for a big catch? It’s actually criminal what has happened to that position this season. I don’t care that Arroyo was hurt- he wasn’t expected to play before OCTOBER anyway. I hope he sticks around.

Cam McCormack is hit or Miss to blocking his guy.

Riley Williams could do what Mallory did. They stopped giving him chances.

Oh, and IMO, TVD would thrive in Brohm’s offense.

Advertisement
Anyone defending Mario is lowkey brain dead, with good coaching this is a 10 win season. We are 2-5 our last 7 games with two OT wins. He’s now 11-12 as Miami coach it’s unacceptable. If he doesn’t change his philosophy (unlikely) this will be another failed regime.

All we hear about Mario is that he’s a relentless worker. He’s the first one in the building and the last one out. That just goes to show you how ****** of a coach he is. For the amount of hours he puts into his craft you would think he’s constantly improving and learning new things. Instead, he’s a stubborn bum who puts his “phizical” philosophy in front of the betterment of the program and team.

All we hear about Mario is that he’s a relentless worker. He’s the first one in the building and the last one out. That just goes to show you how ****** of a coach he is. For the amount of hours he puts into his craft you would think he’s constantly improving and learning new things. Instead, he’s a stubborn bum who puts his “phizical” philosophy in front of the betterment of the program and team.

I know people who work their asses off to perfect their craft and are mid - at best.

I don't know Mario, but he fits the mold.

Simply put, he has minimal coaching talent. He's a solid recruiter and OL coach. All the hard work in the world won't change that. He is who he is and not much will change. He doesn't really do anything else good imho.

Advertisement
Anyone defending Mario is lowkey brain dead, with good coaching this is a 10 win season. We are 2-5 our last 7 games with two OT wins. He’s now 11-12 as Miami coach it’s unacceptable. If he doesn’t change his philosophy (unlikely) this will be another failed regime.
If we lost the 2 OT games, we would be on a 7 game losing streak. Can you imagine what it would be like around here?

If we lost the 2 OT games, we would be on a 7 game losing streak. Can you imagine what it would be like around here?

Initially I was tempted to say the norm, but that wouldn't be true. It'd be worse, far worse. I can't think of a longer seven game stretch where we either lost or almost lost every single game. This coach is bad, really, really bad.

No question there are plenty of things that coaching can get better on such as game management, offensive creativity, and defensive adjustment to more creative offenses.I think that, like a player improving, can be done with studying, practice, and preparedness. Guidry is worth his money and more but he got tuned up yesterday. UL's offense schemed guys open, most of the completions were wide open.

Mario, at this point, needs to be able to spin the progress in to recruiting results. There has absolutely been progress. Look around CFB. Auburn lost to NMState yesterday, Clemson who we manhandled on the defensive side of the ball and beat with a freshman QB making his first start and a post-it note worth of plays, beat the crap out of UNC yesterday. Virginia, another team we beat, won against a Duke team with a coach people here were willing to crown as the next big thing. Norvell finally had progress in year 3 and now year 4 but went through some **** years, even worse than ours. How about those late 90s Canes? The whole flying the banners thing started with Butch, and now he's on the Mt. Rushmore of Canes Coaches and people will be calling for us to bring him back 10 years after his embalming.

This team's record should absolutely be better. No question. I would say the only game, against a "name" opponent, where we "put it together" was maybe TAMU and even then we gifted them 14 points. But both scenarios can be true. We are better and our record isn't what it could be. I've said it plenty, I'm a Mario guy but fandom without results is lunacy. Let's see where the program goes. He's going to get time and winning cures all. Norvell should be the prime example of that.

Advertisement
It not running the ball that’s frustrating it’s how we run the ball. We see tight ends and extra linemen come in the game and everybody in the stadium and the millions at home know it’s a run up the gut. What happened to those pla we saw earlier in the year where we had guards, tackles, **** even Matt Lee was pulling on plays. Where’s the play action, the jet sweeps, screens to the slots, dumps to the tight ends? This is the least imagination I’ve ever seen in my life!

Just go watch Brohms play calling inside the five or every third and 2-5 yards.
They would go fake iso or counter and have the tight end do a shallow crosser. He got lost at least a half dozen or more times. They also released their backs multiple.

You can run a pro set like Brohm does and be very successful. Imagine their offense with a top quarterback.

Advertisement
Will Mallory was at the game today. Think back to how many times in the past couple of years did TVD look to his TE for a big catch? It’s actually criminal what has happened to that position this season. I don’t care that Arroyo was hurt- he wasn’t expected to play before OCTOBER anyway. I hope he sticks around.

I'm shocked.

In the scheme I saw yesterday, TVD would be a Heisman candidate. When he's on and healthy, Plummer wishes he were half the QB TVD is. Again, I can say TVD can be really good, as seen yesterday, and an absolute liability as seen in the 4 games preceding the FSU game.

Offense wasnt the problem today overall but the **** playcalling at times still killed us:

- 1st drive 3rd and 3. Wildcat with B Smith up the middle. Really? Of course this didnt cost us the game but blows a drive. Atrocious call.
- 3rd and 2 run before the half was criminal. Led to LV TD. EVERYONE KNEW WE WOULD RUN UP THE MIDDLE. THEY KNEW, I KNEW, MY MOM ******* KNEW. How the F do you not go PA there? Leak out a TE like Brohm did all day on us?
- 3rd and 12 at 30 with like 4 min and we run. Really? Just giving up and settling for a FG when our D cannot stop Brohm to save our lives. TVD was money all day. Let him ******* throw.

I complained last week about Dawson - no motion, no creativity, no trick plays, no reverses, not enough crossers, not enough RPO, no TE, etc. This week we do a flea flicker, big play. Do a fake run reverse to B Smith, big play TD. See the result when you mix in some creativity? Its really not that complicated and thats what really kills me. Just need more of that. **** just rip off Brohm's playbook and insert it into ours.
We 100% win the game yesterday if Satterfield is the coach for Louisville.

Coaching matters and when idiots are at the helm, at best, we just tread water in an ocean of mediocrity full of hungry sharks that will eventually bite your *** off.

Hopefully, one day, people will say, “we would’ve beat Miami if Cristobal hadn’t hired “X” offensive coordinator and he no longer meddles in everything.”

Or option “B” which is “I wish Mario was still the coach but now that they have LANE ******* KIFFIN, THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE!!!”

Advertisement
Back