Spring "The most competitive spring"

Advertisement
Also, we have to come to the conclusion that with all this competition, there are going to be some guys who hit the road in the next 30 days or so. (After the final Spring game on April 17 or after the semester ends). I dont think this will be the same team we see when Fall ball starts. The best players will rise to the top and whoever couldnt hack it will transfer.

Advertisement
I know there is a faction of posters who dont like Manny, want him to fail, etc... ive been critical of him as well at certain times, but blasting him just because he says " this is the most competitive spring." Is really reaching.

Maybe it is the most competitive he has seen so far? We do have new coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Lashlee is in year 2 of his system..

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer...but our Off seasons have always been NC caliber for one reason or another. Not saying Manny’s comments are not legit, but I wanna see some results when the season rolls around. Here’s to our team’s success :nice:

Advertisement
I looked right past the comments by cmd....I find it UNSETTLING to my stomach and my whole way of life if I don't take in what he spews out. For real, check him out when he's answering questions from the local media, he turns his head away from the screen as if he is reading a script and really doesn't want to be there....so if you don't want to be there answering questions, then I don't wanna hear your voice AT ALL.

Last edited:
Yea, me too, we read too much into his coach speak.
I think it is both talent and number of guys b/c he specifically says:

“I think this is true around the country, but we are all just carrying more players on our rosters during the spring than you normally do and with so many seniors coming back and delaying their NFL dreams, it has really helped us have a great spring.”

So now Manny, you've checked the first all important box which was to hold onto the vets, bring in a top class and sign some good transfers. We've got some very good talent across the board with strong competition for starting spots at each position.

Now, you need to make sure you put your best players on the field. Use the Spring and Summer to really push the guys and see what you have so you can play the best players no matter what. No favoritism. Play the best players.

Advertisement
I'll believe it when I see it...

I don't think for one second any of the vets are in contention to lose their jobs, I think that's just a notion that they put out their to make it seem like there's a real competition taking place, but come September majority of the starters from last year will be starting this year too.

Not worried about the offense, we'll have at least one new WR & one or two OL shifts to the starting lineup.

But on Defense, they're replacing Blades with Stevenson, moving McCloud to DE which will open up a WLB spot & basically keeping the rest of the lineup the same. So, we'll have one new starting DE, one new rotational DE & McCloud, then Flagg will probably be the Mike LB & I'm betting they keep BJ Jennings as a the 2nd LB, I doubt they put Keontra at Will backer or even give TAC/Huff etc a real shot...

I wanna believe that they're not gonna play favorites deferring to their guys, but I'm just skeptical. I've heard this record too many times before, we'll see how things look after the 2nd scrimmage of Fall camp come August.
I hear you, LCE. I'm going to withhold judgment until Fall camp. Because unless a miracle happens over the next 5 months, some of our starters from last year should have no business rolling with the 1s when we open against Bama.

We've got better guys on the roster now who are primed to play a more impactful role, and they need to play. No excuses. I sincerely hope Manny understands this.

Something being lost in this thread is that he said in his whole career. That means Texas, NC State even F$U when they were dominating.

It might all be "coach speak" but if it is true then...

15-0

Advertisement
No better time than now
I mean have you seen it? It’s a real hazard.

4D2A23E0-A3EB-4C8E-81F6-CCCCBFE87ED8.gif

Advertisement
Back