Spring "The most competitive spring"

Advertisement
8C5CC519-B285-415A-8780-312A5B52DDBD.gif

Child: I've been meaning to ask you. Why did you want to learn Photoshop?
RVA: See, there's this one guy... Let me show you.
I literally learned to take gif making to another level - at least by my limited abilities - because of brock and NYSOM the first time and now to the next level because of Sir Slurp-a-Lot.

Advertisement
It’s like in the Bible - you have seven competitive springs followed by one competitive fall.

Manny movin from ‘september bowl games’ (in the words of the immortal dutch) to ‘spring bowl games’?

If at first you don’t succeed, lower the bar and maybe you will next try.

Accounts for the addition of Cody Brown and the retirement of Jason Blissett:

View attachment 145022

Running Back blue chip ratio jumps to 83% with the commitment of Brown. At the same time, defensive tackle falls from 43% to 29% with the retirement of Blissett.
According to this chart, we have 94 players on the roster. Wow! Not all are there yet as a few FR hit campus in the summer. No wonder comp is up and that’s a great thing.

Advertisement
I've never heard this before from a Miami coach. It's pathetic that we even have to discuss competitiveness in the program.

What's more pathetic is that you don't understand that teams practice shorthanded... against themselves each spring because they lose a class, and usually more juniors than this year, and usually don't have much from the next class yet. So you're trying to field two teams with .8 or so of a roster.

So yes, logically, there is more competition in spring this year simply because there are more players fighting for burn.

But sure, take another meaningless swipe at Manny.

Advertisement
Of course it is. The entire team is back.
I can't remember a time when we had so many returning starters legitimately fighting to stay on the field. Ivey, McCloud, Jennings, Pope, Cam Harris, J Williams, Scaife, Wiggins all started last year and would not surprise anyone if they all were running with the 2s this year.

edit: j clark as well. 9 returning starters in serious danger of losing their jobs to more talented players

edit 2: could throw Amari Carter in there as well. He was listed as a co-starter last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back