The meeting that nudged Jobe to 'shut it down'

Anyone have the number of EE's we are able to take in for next spring ?

Why wouldn't we be able to take as many EE's as possible?
if you're looking for the list of commits looking to EE, it's literally everyone but Brevin Jordan and Camron Davis.
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/class-2018-updated-4-16-17-a/86628
*Wiggins recently said he's trying to EE.

EE's count against your 85 man limit or whatever. We would need quite a few draft declarations, graduations, and attrition to get all these kids In as EEs. 6-8 is usually prob the average number for EEs

Yes, but which year do they count on the 85 limit?
why can't 4 be applied to the previous season (with the 25 per class limit still applied) since we have 4 spots open still, then the rest apply to the next class, after the 10 seniors leave and the rest of the guys that leave early...

How many did we take this last class and how many were EE? How many did we take in 2016?

We want as many EE's as possible. How many are applied to the previous year is determined by the 25 man class limit and 85 man per year cap.

2016 we had 19 total enrollees. Since the per class limit is 25, this means that at least 6 spots in the 2016 class remained which could be used by 2017 Early Enrollees. On the flip side, we had 5 Early Enrollees in the 2016 class, so if all of them were applied to the previous class, it would mean a maximum of 11 spots remained for EE's in the 2017 class.

2017 we have 10 EE's and 24 total committments. So, there is a minimum of 6 and maximum of 11 spots remaining for 2017 EE's to be applied to the 2016 class. That means the 2018 class has a minimum of 7 available spots for EE's to be applied to the 2017 class, and a max of 11. The only importance of this is that it means the absolute maximum players we can sign in the 2018 class is 32-36 (because the limit is 25 per class with max of 7-11 EE's applied to the previous class).

However the 85 scholarship limit further caps how many we can sign in the 2018 class. If I counted right, we have 11 seniors (including Delaney) with 4 spots remaining. Without any attrition this would mean our 2018 class would be limited to 15 spots, no matter what. However the way I see things I think we lose 12-15 due to attrition. I think the 2018 class ends up having 26 or 27 players max. We really don't want to have too many, because then that means our 2019 class would be extremely small (like a 15 man class small)

Advertisement
Jobe comparison is like a Devon mccourty of patriots or ha ha Clinton dix of packers at safety

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Great news. And I would just like the record to reflect that I think Randy Russell will be a three year starter at Miami. I think Jobe has his work cut out for him if they are sticking him at safety. Carter looks legit. And Hall and the Macho Man are ******* ball players with no conscience. The competition will be insane. And our special teams will be elite very soon with all these goons running wild on kickoff coverage.

Actual footage of Richt telling Jobe it's time to lock this **** down.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Why wouldn't we be able to take as many EE's as possible?
if you're looking for the list of commits looking to EE, it's literally everyone but Brevin Jordan and Camron Davis.
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/class-2018-updated-4-16-17-a/86628
*Wiggins recently said he's trying to EE.

EE's count against your 85 man limit or whatever. We would need quite a few draft declarations, graduations, and attrition to get all these kids In as EEs. 6-8 is usually prob the average number for EEs

Yes, but which year do they count on the 85 limit?
why can't 4 be applied to the previous season (with the 25 per class limit still applied) since we have 4 spots open still, then the rest apply to the next class, after the 10 seniors leave and the rest of the guys that leave early...

How many did we take this last class and how many were EE? How many did we take in 2016?

We want as many EE's as possible. How many are applied to the previous year is determined by the 25 man class limit and 85 man per year cap.

2016 we had 19 total enrollees. Since the per class limit is 25, this means that at least 6 spots in the 2016 class remained which could be used by 2017 Early Enrollees. On the flip side, we had 5 Early Enrollees in the 2016 class, so if all of them were applied to the previous class, it would mean a maximum of 11 spots remained for EE's in the 2017 class.

2017 we have 10 EE's and 24 total committments. So, there is a minimum of 6 and maximum of 11 spots remaining for 2017 EE's to be applied to the 2016 class. That means the 2018 class has a minimum of 7 available spots for EE's to be applied to the 2017 class, and a max of 11. The only importance of this is that it means the absolute maximum players we can sign in the 2018 class is 32-36 (because the limit is 25 per class with max of 7-11 EE's applied to the previous class).

However the 85 scholarship limit further caps how many we can sign in the 2018 class. If I counted right, we have 11 seniors (including Delaney) with 4 spots remaining. Without any attrition this would mean our 2018 class would be limited to 15 spots, no matter what. However the way I see things I think we lose 12-15 due to attrition. I think the 2018 class ends up having 26 or 27 players max. We really don't want to have too many, because then that means our 2019 class would be extremely small (like a 15 man class small)

Thank you! I just remember Richt talking about sometimes having your hands tied due to numbers. I know we have a bunch of kids wanting to SEE in this class. Should be interesting to see how the number work themselves out

Great news. And I would just like the record to reflect that I think Randy Russell will be a three year starter at Miami. I think Jobe has his work cut out for him if they are sticking him at safety. Carter looks legit. And Hall and the Macho Man are ******* ball players with no conscience. The competition will be insane. And our special teams will be elite very soon with all these goons running wild on kickoff coverage.

This is exactly what makes this class and the situation so remarkable. We are talking about elite talent here and the competition between these kids will be nothing short of epic. It appears as if we are going back to the days when the practices during the week where much tougher than the games and the toughest defense our offense went against was our defense. It is exactly this that made Miami such a special program and will again. Haters will say that other P5 powers have the same type of competition and they would be right but only to a certain point.

What sets us apart are the kids we recruit specifically the local SoFl kids. Kids that were raised in the 305 and the tri county area are just a different breed and the football culture in South Florida is something that no other area can duplicate. It is exactly because of this that I in addition to a few others have remained steadfast in our belief that all we needed was the right coach to wake from our slumber. The type of coach that realizes that the program and the kids who represent it thrive on competition and an aggressive style of play lets these athletes do what they do best and make plays. The type of coach and staff that realize that these South Florida kids thrive on challenge and in schemes that are based in confidence and reward playmakers not schemes that are based in fear and deemphasize the individual playmaker. @TheFranchise was correct when he said that many proud programs have gone through extended stretches of mediocrity. Look at Alabama before Saban, USC before Carroll, etc.... I never bought the whole argument about how the sport had passed us by and that our proud tradition was solely due to the times and that we had essentially been priced out of the ability to compete at an elite level.

Sure you have to put money into the program and we needed in addition to a coach, an administration that at least would get out of the way. It would seem that the football gods smiled upon us in both instances as Frenk seems to be very pro athletics and specifically pro football. It would appear that Frenk clearly sees the value of having a dominant football program. It would also appear that Richt and staff are very aware of the fact that success at Miami is based on keeping the best local kids home by giving them every reason to do so. We are finally starting to see what has always been and always be possible at UM. The sleeping giant is beginning to awaken and it's about **** time.

This is exactly what makes this class and the situation so remarkable. We are talking about elite talent here and the competition between these kids will be nothing short of epic. It appears as if we are going back to the days when the practices during the week where much tougher than the games and the toughest defense our offense went against was our defense. It is exactly this that made Miami such a special program and will again. Haters will say that other P5 powers have the same type of competition and they would be right but only to a certain point.

What sets us apart are the kids we recruit specifically the local SoFl kids. Kids that were raised in the 305 and the tri county area are just a different breed and the football culture in South Florida is something that no other area can duplicate. It is exactly because of this that I in addition to a few others have remained steadfast in our belief that all we needed was the right coach to wake from our slumber. The type of coach that realizes that the program and the kids who represent it thrive on competition and an aggressive style of play lets these athletes do what they do best and make plays. The type of coach and staff that realize that these South Florida kids thrive on challenge and in schemes that are based in confidence and reward playmakers not schemes that are based in fear and deemphasize the individual playmaker. @TheFranchise was correct when he said that many proud programs have gone through extended stretches of mediocrity. Look at Alabama before Saban, USC before Carroll, etc.... I never bought the whole argument about how the sport had passed us by and that our proud tradition was solely due to the times and that we had essentially been priced out of the ability to compete at an elite level.

Sure you have to put money into the program and we needed in addition to a coach, an administration that at least would get out of the way. It would seem that the football gods smiled upon us in both instances as Frenk seems to be very pro athletics and specifically pro football. It would appear that Frenk clearly sees the value of having a dominant football program. It would also appear that Richt and staff are very aware of the fact that success at Miami is based on keeping the best local kids home by giving them every reason to do so. We are finally starting to see what has always been and always be possible at UM. The sleeping giant is beginning to awaken and it's about **** time.

Frenk knew they had to spend money to make money. This is also why Richt jumped at the chance to coach Miami instead of taking a break. He has a built in recruiting advantage like no other.

Advertisement
I still don't think his recruitment is over. Mike Harley Re-Affirmed his commitment to WVU & still flipped. Him going to prep school helps out cause tho, he'll be off the radar for a bit.

Advertisement
Great news. And I would just like the record to reflect that I think Randy Russell will be a three year starter at Miami. I think Jobe has his work cut out for him if they are sticking him at safety. Carter looks legit. And Hall and the Macho Man are ****ing ball players with no conscience. The competition will be insane. And our special teams will be elite very soon with all these goons running wild on kickoff coverage.

And This is The Uprising.

[MENTION=5786]dfagundo[/MENTION]

Mats Drills are going to be extra spirited tomorrow

Might have to bring out the big guns for the special occasion

View attachment 44495

giphy.gif

I'm still allowed to wear my soft cast right?

Highly recommended
[MENTION=912]cubin10[/MENTION] wouldn't let me in and [MENTION=9338]RVACane[/MENTION] seconded the motion....How the fvck does the founder of mat drills get left outside trying to roll a blunt with a fvcked up hand?

You guys are azzholes. I'm bringin' the bluelot tomorrow.

[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rAriz I'm interested to know how much Matt Doherty is lining up these meetings and strategic commitments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back