The meeting that nudged Jobe to 'shut it down'

View as article
Why wouldn't we be able to take as many EE's as possible?
if you're looking for the list of commits looking to EE, it's literally everyone but Brevin Jordan and Camron Davis.
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/class-2018-updated-4-16-17-a/86628
*Wiggins recently said he's trying to EE.

EE's count against your 85 man limit or whatever. We would need quite a few draft declarations, graduations, and attrition to get all these kids In as EEs. 6-8 is usually prob the average number for EEs

Yes, but which year do they count on the 85 limit?
why can't 4 be applied to the previous season (with the 25 per class limit still applied) since we have 4 spots open still, then the rest apply to the next class, after the 10 seniors leave and the rest of the guys that leave early...

How many did we take this last class and how many were EE? How many did we take in 2016?

We signed 25 in this class (Dee Delaney and another other transfers count against the 2017 limit). We applied 3 EE's to the 2016 class. As such, we can only apply 3 EE's from the 2018 class to the 2017 class.

Bet money we take more than 3 EEs

Advertisement
EE's count against your 85 man limit or whatever. We would need quite a few draft declarations, graduations, and attrition to get all these kids In as EEs. 6-8 is usually prob the average number for EEs

why can't 4 be applied to the previous season (with the 25 per class limit still applied) since we have 4 spots open still, then the rest apply to the next class, after the 10 seniors leave and the rest of the guys that leave early...

How many did we take this last class and how many were EE? How many did we take in 2016?

We signed 25 in this class (Dee Delaney and another other transfers count against the 2017 limit). We applied 3 EE's to the 2016 class. As such, we can only apply 3 EE's from the 2018 class to the 2017 class.

Hes not saying that... as it stands now based on what he said we can take up to 28 kids right now. Attraction happens so that number could grow

Hes not saying that... as it stands now based on what he said we can take up to 28 kids right now. Attraction happens so that number could grow

3 or 4 EEs can be applied to the 2017 class. But that dossnt mean we cant take as many EEs as possible

3 or 4 EEs can be applied to the 2017 class. But that dossnt mean we cant take as many EEs as possible

The maximum we can take is 28. We are limited to 25 plus the number of EE's that can be carried back to the 2017 class, which is 3 right now. It will grow 1-for-1 by the number of 2017 signees that don't qualify (hopefully zero), and will decrease 1-for-1 by the number of additional transfers we bring in (think Dye). Of course, all of this is subject to the 85 roster limit, so even getting to 28 will require approximately 13 non-Seniors or RS Seniors to leave the program between now and then (12 if Jeff James has been kicked off).

The pure number of EE's we take is divorced from this analysis. That is subject only to the 85 roster limit, and will depend heavily on the number of mid-year graduates we have.

Yeah i know

Advertisement

The maximum we can take is 28. We are limited to 25 plus the number of EE's that can be carried back to the 2017 class, which is 3 right now. It will grow 1-for-1 by the number of 2017 signees that don't qualify (hopefully zero), and will decrease 1-for-1 by the number of additional transfers we bring in (think Dye). Of course, all of this is subject to the 85 roster limit, so even getting to 28 will require approximately 13 non-Seniors or RS Seniors to leave the program between now and then (12 if Jeff James has been kicked off).

The pure number of EE's we take is divorced from this analysis. That is subject only to the 85 roster limit, and will depend heavily on the number of mid-year graduates we have.

Bruh I know this and post the breakdown a couple pages ago.
I was clarifying Brock comments for bran.

Yeah i know
I know u know. But you didn't actually answer what he was saying.

Richt made a perfect hire with banda recruiting wise. He's a former bartender so you know he's very personable and can talk very well with people

Manny brought him in.

Richt basically did too. If richt didnt ok it he wouldnt be here. But it really doesnt matter.

Facts matter. Manny runs the D other than Kool. Banda came in with Manny. Let's keep it 100.

Head coach gets the blame when it goes bad and the credit when it works out. Doesn't matter who recommended, Richt pulled the trigger. End of story.

nah, that simplistic rationale negates solid reason and provable facts. Richt picked his offensive staff and everyone he picked was an established college coach that either played for him or coached for him in the past.

On defense he grabbed Kool for obvious reasons, but made it known he was looking for someone to 'run the D so he could focus on offense.' He selected Manny after, from what I was led to understand, his first choice for D. Coordinator (D. Aranda) chose LSU. Either way, Richt worked with Manny in the past at FSU and coached against him in the SEC.. Familiarity with someone's ability was key to anyone Richt was bringing on staff.

Banda (a career grad assistant with no previous college coaching background) would not have been on Richt's radar if he was picking his own DB coach, so it's unfair to bestow credit on him when Manny took Banda from behind the bar at the Hilton.

"Texas defensive coordinator Manny Diaz hired him [Banda] in 2012, and when coach Mack Brown fired Diaz in 2013, he kept Banda in his role as a defensive graduate assistant.

The following year, Diaz became defensive coordinator at Mississippi State and lured him [Banda] away. Banda was his defensive quality control assistant, working exclusively with the Bulldogs’ defensive backs."

I'm a huge Richt fan from his FSU days, but let's not give flowers to the wrong person.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny brought him in.

Richt basically did too. If richt didnt ok it he wouldnt be here. But it really doesnt matter.

Facts matter. Manny runs the D other than Kool. Banda came in with Manny. Let's keep it 100.

Head coach gets the blame when it goes bad and the credit when it works out. Doesn't matter who recommended, Richt pulled the trigger. End of story.

nah, that simplistic rationale negates solid reason and provable facts. Richt picked his offensive staff and everyone he picked was an established college coach that either played for him or coached for him in the past.

On defense he grabbed Kool for obvious reasons, but made it known he was looking for someone to 'run the D so he could focus on offense.' He selected Manny after, from what I was led to understand, his first choice for D. Coordinator (D. Aranda) chose LSU. Either way, Richt worked with Manny in the past at FSU and coached against him in the SEC.. Familiarity with someone's ability was key to anyone Richt was bringing on staff.

Banda (a career grad assistant with no previous college coaching background) would not have been on Richt's radar if he was picking his own DB coach, so it's unfair to bestow credit on him when Manny took Banda from behind the bar at the Hilton.

"Texas defensive coordinator Manny Diaz hired him [Banda] in 2012, and when coach Mack Brown fired Diaz in 2013, he kept Banda in his role as a defensive graduate assistant.

The following year, Diaz became defensive coordinator at Mississippi State and lured him [Banda] away. Banda was his defensive quality control assistant, working exclusively with the Bulldogs’ defensive backs."

I'm a huge Richt fan from his FSU days, but let's not give flowers to the wrong person.

Richt set up the organizational structure. So even if he didn't hand pick Banda, he set up the structure in which Diaz could. It all ends up on his plate at the end of the day.

If my boss says I am allowed to make recommendations on a show to sell, then I can recommend my *** off. But whether the show sells or not is ultimately going to reflect in his numbers, and he is never going to get bailed out by pinning it on me, at least not to the people that matter.

Anyone know where I can get a customized name stitched jersey, not the generic, but the authentic type?

brick and mortar or online stores are usually where one buys things. I would start there. If not there is this thing called google, you ought to try it.

couldn't help my self
ksry.gif

Advertisement
whatever the case we have bama scrambling for dudes down here while we're 5 deep at each position with quality guys that want to come here...

Advertisement

Richt set up the organizational structure. So even if he didn't hand pick Banda, he set up the structure in which Diaz could. It all ends up on his plate at the end of the day.

If my boss says I am allowed to make recommendations on a show to sell, then I can recommend my *** off. But whether the show sells or not is ultimately going to reflect in his numbers, and he is never going to get bailed out by pinning it on me, at least not to the people that matter.

Right, but if you continue to make good choices, they'll eventually honor you with recognition. You can't hold down talent, and good leaders don't casually take credit for the work of subordinates. I work in leadership and you get credit for getting the overall job done, not for the individual decisions of others that lead to success. Richt gets credit for picking Manny and a successful program, but Manny gets credit for Banda and how the defense plays. I can almost guarantee if someone tried to give Richt credit for Banda, he would say it was Manny's call.

This coaching staff is just on another level no doubt he goes to bama if this was the last coaching staff. Huge pull now lets focus on
tyson and blades and close up shop!

Blades is all; but locked up. Need both Campbells, Tyson & John the OT. Also need to lock up X Williams or T Marshall at WR, then Chatman for DL and call it a recruiting class. Oh yeah, if a certain Safety from Jax (TJ) happens to want in, what the heck?

Advertisement
Back