The Martell slander is dumb AF

Enos should demand more of himself in getting the right combinations out there. Multiple opportunities missed by not having a true Split End out there. Brian Hightower needs to play more.

It's one of only a handful of complaints I have about yesterday. With OL combination being a clear #1.
The guy is 6'3 210 and enos was throwing out all these shorter smaller wrs. Let hightower get physical with henderson out there and see how he responds.

Advertisement
No, it was a cheap trick. The coaches thought they were being geniuses when it was reported Martell was at WR then Manny basically denying it at the presser before the game. Maybe that once or twice as a wildcat decoy was okay early. There is no reason he should be on the field running routes in crunch time.

How about the lack of designed plays for JT? That was shocking to see.
From the stadium view, it looked like JT was missed a couple times early. Jarren may have been tight and decided to go with the shallow route when JT was running clean behind it. We also tried to hit him on a corner route at a critical time and couldn't get the ball off because our OL crumbled.

Beyond that, few and far between. I don't want to judge too much given the incredible limitations. I do want to dig into those limitations later on because the coaches should abolutely own some of them.

The lizard D was as concerned (probably more) about any of us watching the game as they were with Martell on field in the way he was used.

The results speak for themselves.

People act like his being out there was an abomination, and he was involved in three explosive plays.

He didn’t even get that many snaps.

Advertisement
Good post.

Don’t underrate the mental game here. Enos demands a lot from his WRs. Martell is a QB known for studying the playbook. I think that allowed him to move up quickly.

I'm reading this as an indictment of Pope (and/or some of the other wideouts) possibly still not having mastered the freakin' playbook.

People act like his being out there was an abomination, and he was involved in three explosive plays.

Good post able. In the second half we basically did nothing EXCEPT for the plays where Martell was on the field and he impacted the play as a decoy. Yet people want to complain. Unbelievable. Maybe we have more experienced and better wrs, but the wrs did essentially nothing the entire game. They were largely rendered useless by our crumbling oline. How does playing more Wiggins/Hightower/Pope help us when Williams can't even find time to complete passes to our starting wrs?

Advertisement
Enos should demand more of himself in getting the right combinations out there. Multiple opportunities missed by not having a true Split End out there. Brian Hightower needs to play more.

It's one of only a handful of complaints I have about yesterday. With OL combination being a clear #1.

I can’t figure out why Hightower doesn’t play more when healthy. I get why Wiggins and Pope may have fallen behind despite their athleticism, but not Hightower.

Yeah He drew multiple defenders on 2 of deejay dallas’s Long wildcat runs and even on cam Harris that was called back he was out there drawing attention

From the stadium view, it looked like JT was missed a couple times early. Jarren may have been tight and decided to go with the shallow route when JT was running clean behind it. We also tried to hit him on a corner route at a critical time and couldn't get the ball off because our OL crumbled.

Beyond that, few and far between. I don't want to judge too much given the incredible limitations. I do want to dig into those limitations later on because the coaches should abolutely own some of them.

Jarren completed a pass to somebody and Harley blew by the safeties with the 4.3. If Jarren threw it deep to Harley Harley was walking for 6.

But I forget the quarter.

He will get better with time as far as scanning the field.

Advertisement
First all, receivers aren’t completely interchangeable. They learn different positions.

Hightower and Wiggins don’t play slot. As for Pope, I didn’t see him much after he got hit hard on the quick slant.

Second, Martell actually affected the defense because they were clearly concerned about a trick play.

Both of Deejay’s huge wildcat runs were with Martell going in motion and the defense over-pursuing. It opened up huge lanes both time.

On Cam Harris’s 56-yard run that got called back, Martell was in motion again and caused Florida to lose leverage. The ticky-tack holding calls negated an explosive play.

Martell is a good athlete with short-area quickness. He’s tailor-made for the slot. I think he can carve out a niche at the position, and I give him credit for sticking it out thus far.

I was really hoping for the Martell redemption story. How he catches the game winning touchdown against Florida. It was all a dream.

Advertisement
Back