The Martell slander is dumb AF

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
First all, receivers aren’t completely interchangeable. They learn different positions.

Hightower and Wiggins don’t play slot. As for Pope, I didn’t see him much after he got hit hard on the quick slant.

Second, Martell actually affected the defense because they were clearly concerned about a trick play.

Both of Deejay’s huge wildcat runs were with Martell going in motion and the defense over-pursuing. It opened up huge lanes both time.

On Cam Harris’s 56-yard run that got called back, Martell was in motion again and caused Florida to lose leverage. The ticky-tack holding calls negated an explosive play.

Martell is a good athlete with short-area quickness. He’s tailor-made for the slot. I think he can carve out a niche at the position, and I give him credit for sticking it out thus far.

Advertisement
First all, receivers aren’t completely interchangeable. They learn different positions.

Hightower and Wiggins don’t play slot. As for Pope, I didn’t see him much after he got hit hard on the quick slant.

Second, Martell actually affected the defense because they were clearly concerned about a trick play.

Both of Deejay’s huge wildcat runs were with Martell going in motion and the defense over-pursuing. It opened up huge lanes both time.

On Cam Harris’s 56-yard run that got called back, Martell was in motion again and caused Florida to lose leverage. The ticky-tack holding calls negated an explosive play.

Martell is a good athlete with short-area quickness. He’s tailor-made for the slot. I think he can carve out a niche at the position, and I give him credit for sticking it out thus far.
Completely agree

I agree I can see his upside and speed. I think the timing of the Martell run to the short side of the field in the red zone was suspect after the turnover, but that is not Martells fault.

I also liked how Harley made 2 huge blocks, laying out his defender on screen plays. I think he needs to get on the field more on that skill set alone.

i think ppl had more of an issue with that **** was called when we could have scored the game ending TD and basically run the clock out and we call some stupid running play for him that loses 5 yards.

Advertisement
i think ppl had more of an issue with that **** was called when we could have scored the game ending TD and basically run the clock out and we call some stupid running play for him that loses 5 yards.

The DL crashed down.

If he had pulled it, he might’ve scored.

Advertisement

Hes going to be great in slot. Also he makes the defense 2nd guess everything pre snap when hes on the field

Advertisement
For me, it’s not about martell it’s about the fact we have highly touted receivers that are more capable of martell.

Good post.

Don’t underrate the mental game here. Enos demands a lot from his WRs. Martell is a QB known for studying the playbook. I think that allowed him to move up quickly.
Enos should demand more of himself in getting the right combinations out there. Multiple opportunities missed by not having a true Split End out there. Brian Hightower needs to play more.

It's one of only a handful of complaints I have about yesterday. With OL combination being a clear #1.

Advertisement
Enos should demand more of himself in getting the right combinations out there. Multiple opportunities missed by not having a true Split End out there. Brian Hightower needs to play more.

It's one of only a handful of complaints I have about yesterday. With OL combination being a clear #1.
How about the lack of designed plays for JT? That was shocking to see.

Martell was wide open on the throw to Jeff Thomas in the end zone. If JW had more time it would hv been a TD
He had a guy right in his face when he threw that perfect pass to Thomas. No way he could have thrown that to martell given the immediate pressure there

Advertisement
Back