The latest with Romello Height

View as article
Yeah, insiders have nothing better to do than to lie to you.

Every time I think you have set the lowest bar possible for your own ignorance, you move it lower.

On this board, you have established the largest differential between "what you claim to know" and "what you actually know". You have an unrivalled combination of arrogance and stupidity.

Repeatedly asking if we are cool does not make us cool. But if you insist on clown-trolling every thread, that's on you.
Ok.

Advertisement
Limited upside player. With the few spots we have (heck we’re currently still OVER), we should be aiming for top flight guys as much as possible.

I hear the counter argument that we want to add depth here, but we’ve recruited this position at an elite level. Develop your young talent to where they’re ready to play if called upon, and instead use this spot for a stud DB or WR.

Our WDEs are Alston and Njalik as of right now I think, njalik who i like has been injured every year at this point. So after alston its probably wayne? Idk if he’s for sure there but he did have some snaps at that position last year

This kid seems like he fits the mold of that position, i understand the idea of getting depth but i don’t like the talent enough to think we cant get the edges we have ready to play. And i think there’s bigger needs in our scholarship situation so id pass

Idk if it was Flo or someone from his crew but they said the portal should be used for bringing in difference makers. I agree, I'd rather see a young guy play than bringing in a depth piece. I rather have Kelly Wayne or Lightfoot on the field.
Wayne and Lightfoot would agree with you.

Portal needs to go. Kids go through Senior day and then stay for another year because of Covid and you sit. Keep working hard only for the coaches to bring in a one year player. You still sit. Then you burn your eligibility sitting.

You have to choose entering portal and not being picked up so you have no team. I get it from having to do it from a coaches perspective to keep up and be competitive but there is only a handful of players benefiting. Far more are being impacted in a negative way you never hear about them.

Approaching early signing day, some of us were concerned about the takes at the bottom of the class impacting spots. The orange and green response was "the numbers always work themselves out".

Then, through most of winter portal period, when several of us were looking for portal additions at positions of need (like CB, S, and WR), the response was there isn't going to be enough room.

Now we suddenly are back to having enough room for a depth piece at edge?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Limited upside player. With the few spots we have (heck we’re currently still OVER), we should be aiming for top flight guys as much as possible.

I hear the counter argument that we want to add depth here, but we’ve recruited this position at an elite level. Develop your young talent to where they’re ready to play if called upon, and instead use this spot for a stud DB or WR.
I agree with you, though the odd thing is I’m pretty positive Mario would agree as well. So not really sure what to make of it at the moment

I agree with you, though the odd thing is I’m pretty positive Mario would agree as well. So not really sure what to make of it at the moment
The only thing that actually makes sense is reading through the lines a bit of D$ post.... this guy is in the portal, we can communicate with him now, and if he had the green light and wanted to be here, he would just commit. This could be a do your homework and if we lost someone, he is next in line for a spot. D$ also said nothing is imminent and Cribby said the portal will be busy both ways which could mean we may lose a guy or 2 at edge. If a guy like Wayne or Kelly bounce, and no other better DE's jump in, then having Height as a 1v1 swap for depth (hoping lightfoot or Rudolph jump him) really is just a security blanket to stop LB's needing to play DE the entire game.

The only thing that actually makes sense is reading through the lines a bit of D$ post.... this guy is in the portal, we can communicate with him now, and if he had the green light and wanted to be here, he would just commit. This could be a do your homework and if we lost someone, he is next in line for a spot. D$ also said nothing is imminent and Cribby said the portal will be busy both ways which could mean we may lose a guy or 2 at edge. If a guy like Wayne or Kelly bounce, and no other better DE's jump in, then having Height as a 1v1 swap for depth (hoping lightfoot or Rudolph jump him) really is just a security blanket to stop LB's needing to play DE the entire game.
Makes sense

I understand the bad blood, but as long as this addition doesn’t push out a young guy, then I’m for it.

Advertisement
Approaching early signing day, some of us were concerned about the takes at the bottom of the class impacting spots. The orange and green response was "the numbers always work themselves out".

Then, through most of winter portal period, when several of us were looking for portal additions at positions of need (like CB, S, and WR), the response was there isn't going to be enough room.

Now we suddenly are back to having enough room for a depth piece at edge?

There is another possible answer to your question.

There needs to be a poll at the top of the thread asking if the board would rather take Height or McClain.

JJ always said that you can't coach Height...

1711044693847.png

Advertisement
There is another possible answer to your question.

I don't see where anyone has provided an answer, much less another possible answer. Regardless, don't you go limiting this to just two possibilities! I can imagine several possible answers.

... we always had the room, CIS just can't count.
... we always had the room, but staff was keeping things quiet for [insert their reasons].
... we aren't actually interested in Height, but D$'s sources fed him that information for [insert their reasons].
... more players are being forced out than anticipated (creating additional spots and need at EDGE).
... more players are leaving (of their own volition) than anticipated (creating additional spots and need at EDGE).
... more players are being forced out and leaving (of their own volition) than anticipated (creating additional spots and need at EDGE).
... more players are being forced out, but that was always the plan (it just wasn't shared for [insert reasons]).
... more players are leaving (of their own volition), but that was always known (it just wasn't shared for [insert reasons]).
... unpublicized injuries at EDGE have increased the need for depth at the position.
... poor player development at EDGE has increased the need for depth at the position.
... our coaches view Height as an under-utilized super-star EDGE, and they are happy to make room for such a talent.

Advertisement
I don't see where anyone has provided an answer, much less another possible answer. Regardless, don't you go limiting this to just two possibilities! I can imagine several possible answers.

... we always had the room, CIS just can't count.
... we always had the room, but staff was keeping things quiet for [insert their reasons].
... we aren't actually interested in Height, but D$'s sources fed him that information for [insert their reasons].
... more players are being forced out than anticipated (creating additional spots and need at EDGE).
... more players are leaving (of their own volition) than anticipated (creating additional spots and need at EDGE).
... more players are being forced out and leaving (of their own volition) than anticipated (creating additional spots and need at EDGE).
... more players are being forced out, but that was always the plan (it just wasn't shared for [insert reasons]).
... more players are leaving (of their own volition), but that was always known (it just wasn't shared for [insert reasons]).
... unpublicized injuries at EDGE have increased the need for depth at the position.
... poor player development at EDGE has increased the need for depth at the position.
... our coaches view Height as an under-utilized super-star EDGE, and they are happy to make room for such a talent.

Lots of fascinating possibilities!

If I were going to "guess", I'd say this is similar to how we heard "Miami will go hard after a Portal RB" just before we found out that Parrish was leaving...

Mario is the master of info-flow.

Height is interesting…. One thing is for sure, Mario is not waiting until next year. It’s clear Canes trying to springboard this season.

Im excited to see how this roster moves play out, I think we’re in for a few shockers leaving team.

I'm so sorry you don't have any inside information. And can't figure out how viewpoints can change over time with new information.

You're so busy carrying out your vendetta against me that you can't possibly do your own math.

I'm not concerned with the micro, but the macro.
I think that Spider-Man gif means you and him are on the same page on not understanding the take but if staff wants him ok. I don’t think it was an insult

Advertisement
Back