The latest Luke BS

I remember those times still pretty well and even before it, too. Giving Luke credit for miamis success is embarrassing.

It’s interesting that butch stayed away/borderline banned mister Miami luke, had one guy promoted from the south Florida high school ranks ever on his coaching staff, and yet, produced the greatest college football roster of all time. Oh and while dealing with massive scholarship reductions and public outcry to shut down the program.

I could get into this more with the prior staffs but the credit given to this idiot is a joke.

If you think so, but the facts dont agree with you. Do you understand how the football leagues are run down here!

Advertisement
Give me a mother-fvckin break.

First, I have never bashed Miami coaches who came up through the SoFla HS ranks. If anything, I have advocated for bringing back older guys (Butch, Soldinger, Kehoe), as well as UM alums and legacies.

As for Luke, I was there in the 1980s. Luke didn't "inspire" anything. I loved 2Live, had all their albums, saw them in concert multiple times. I have always respected Luke as an entertainer and defended him when he was arrested for "indecency". And I have no problems with how he helped Miami players in the 1980s, I know a lot of what happened that didn't exactly "fit" the NCAA rules, like paying some of the UM football players to sing and rap on some of the 2Live albums.

But I also can't ignore the fact that he was SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the earlier NCAA violations for paying players. And I'm sure as **** not going to forget the threats against UM so that we would start Ryan Collins. And I'm also not going to forget about all the love Luke gave to UF and F$U, and the crap that he gave to UM, and that was BEFORE he started coaching.

You don't have to be some sort of Miami native to respect the Miami area and to give your all for the Miami players. Schnellenberger once coached at Alabama. JJ came to UM from Oklahoma State and he was a Razorback alum. Butch had a similar background to JJ's.

I'm 100% in favor of hiring guys (Dade HS or UM alums) from SoFla, of any ethnicity. I have great love and respect for SoFla. UM is my alma mater and I bleed orange and green.

But Luke is an opportunistic mercenary. And to go from "F$U is never going to get another Dade recruit" to "now we're going to extend an olive branch to F$U", when no new coaches were hired, no facts changed, is just ridiculous.

Someone was bought off. That much is obvious.

I still have all my 2Live and Luke CDs.

But Luke the Coach, and Luke The Committee Chair, have become ridiculous.

Your emotions dont erase the facts, at the end of the day, has this program been relevant before coach richt took over, during that span, where were alot of the top players going, its not about dumb *** UM, its about the players, so since UM wanted to be stupid like they normally are, the coaches down here startedsending players to the best places they could have the ultimate success, places that actually were getting them drafted at a high level, ***** the UM administration who have consistently wasted the talents of many players.

This is why coach richt made the statement "we want players to know they can get everything they need at UM, they dont have to go anywhere else".

So now, ask yourself a real question, you're a highschool coach, you got d-lineman, you gone send them to UM during the penn disgrace moron years, GTFOH, or any of your defensive players for that matter, look how they wasted tracy howards talents. So gumbo fisher came in and understood the vortex was open, and took advantage of it. You having 2 live crew albums has nothing to do with what im talking about.

Dem dudes in the 80's n 90's aint come 2 UM because of Luke....what you saying is a bunch of gobbledygook....smh

Ok, if you think luke didnt help facilitate alot of it, you definitely not from Miami or are a new UM fan!

If you think luke's impact was 40 years ago, you're way out of touch with True Miami football, particularly the players. This aint nothing new, luke has consistently been battling and speaking out against the dumb *** UM administrations who are the primary reasons this program has been and gets into these type of funks anyway. So you damyum right, luke had to put coach diaz on notice to as well as soon as he got here. In coach diaz 1st year, he ignored what luke and the committee was telling em, dvd doesnt count, because one, dvd hasnt been a headcoach down here and is not one of the coaches who has paid his dues, he's not from the generation luke is speaking up for, and coach cooney being here had nothing to do with coach diaz. A 6 & 7 season has a way of humbling a guy an forcing him to listen. And just to be real, luke has more headcoaching experience and cooaching experience period than coach diaz, luke not selfish like that, and how you trying to frame it, he's speaking for the better good of the program. You got all these highschool coaches consistently winning state titles down here, it would be stupid for UM to continue to ignore them. The same with the basketball program, dumb *** flake james, instead of bringing offering coach leonard hamilton the job again or bringing frank martin back home, these bozo's go and hire from the old folks home and bring in larranaga, they dont want goons who will get the job done!

I hate Blake James.

But.

Leonard Hamilton has been coaching at F$U since 2002.

Miami had to replace basketball coaches in 2004 (OK, maybe we could have gotten Leonard then) and 2011.

Blake James became the UM Athletic Director in 2013.

Advertisement
I hate Blake James.

But.

Leonard Hamilton has been coaching at F$U since 2002.

Miami had to replace basketball coaches in 2004 (OK, maybe we could have gotten Leonard then) and 2011.

Blake James became the UM Athletic Director in 2013.

Im not sure what your point is about flake james, but he didnt offer or reach out to none of those 2 guys when this job became available!

Luke is doing the local coaches a disservice. Nothing says “I’m serious about a career in coaching football” like having a washed up 80’s hack pretending to be your hype man. It’s hilarious that some people still believe UM has to take this clown seriously. Ask Saban, Dabo, literally any college football coach about Luke and the answer you’ll get every time is “who???” We’ll maybe one or two might say “that washed up 80’s rapper?”

Im not sure what your point is about flake james, but he didnt offer or reach out to none of those 2 guys when this job became available!

I'm not sure if you don't understand the space-time continuum, but Blake James was not the Athletic Director either of the times the basketball job has been available.

Let's try this again.

Leonard Hamilton left UM. We replaced him with Perry Clark. Perry Clark was fired in 2004. Blake James was not the AD at that time.

Frank Haith replaced Perry Clark. Frank Haith left in 2011. Blake James was not the AD at that time.

Jim Larranaga was hired in 2011 and has not yet left or been fired. Blake James became the AD in 2013. Since Blake James became the AD at Miami, he has not had the opportunity to hire a basketball coach.

Therefore, Blake James (who I hate) has never "failed to offer the job" to either Leonard Hamilton (who I love) or Frank Martin, as there has been no job to offer to those gentlemen.

Get it?

If you think so, but the facts dont agree with you. Do you understand how the football leagues are run down here!

You didn’t provide any facts. I provided the obvious butch davis one without getting into the prior staffs.

Stop promoting an obvious 🤡 in order to substantiate some self-delusional fantasy of how the ‘streets’ work that has nothing to do with reality of the actual football program.

Thanks.

Advertisement
Ok, if you think luke didnt help facilitate alot of it, you definitely not from Miami or are a new UM fan!
Im from miami born in raised....yea he looked out 4 dem boys bt HE not the reason they came 2 UM...They aint say im coming 2 miami cause Luke goi look out....you sound stupid jus like buddy....Dat faciliting come after they got there...U must not be 4rm miami

I'm not sure if you don't understand the space-time continuum, but Blake James was not the Athletic Director either of the times the basketball job has been available.

Let's try this again.

Leonard Hamilton left UM. We replaced him with Perry Clark. Perry Clark was fired in 2004. Blake James was not the AD at that time.

Frank Haith replaced Perry Clark. Frank Haith left in 2011. Blake James was not the AD at that time.

Jim Larranaga was hired in 2011 and has not yet left or been fired. Blake James became the AD in 2013. Since Blake James became the AD at Miami, he has not had the opportunity to hire a basketball coach.

Therefore, Blake James (who I hate) has never "failed to offer the job" to either Leonard Hamilton (who I love) or Frank Martin, as there has been no job to offer to those gentlemen.

Get it?
You're wasting your time lol

Luke needs to **** his own face and die in a fire. Miami needs good teachers, not 4-3 press man know nothing coaches that win with better athletes and transferring talent. Florida coaching is a ******* joke, get a token local guy in a recruiting position on each seasons staff and then load up on guys who know what they are doing.

Advertisement
You're wasting your time lol

I guess that I am. Maybe I SHOULD be mad at Blake for not getting into a time machine, killing Hitler, and then forcing the preceding Athletic Directors to rehire Leonard Hamilton in 2004 and/or 2011.

Another reason why we should fire Blake, he refuses to use his time machine.

I guess that I am. Maybe I SHOULD be mad at Blake for not getting into a time machine, killing Hitler, and then forcing the preceding Athletic Directors to rehire Leonard Hamilton in 2004 and/or 2011.

Another reason why we should fire Blake, he refuses to use his time machine.
If it were up to Blake James to take out Hitler, we would all be speaking German.

Luke is doing the local coaches a disservice. Nothing says “I’m serious about a career in coaching football” like having a washed up 80’s hack pretending to be your hype man. It’s hilarious that some people still believe UM has to take this clown seriously. Ask Saban, Dabo, literally any college football coach about Luke and the answer you’ll get every time is “who???” We’ll maybe one or two might say “that washed up 80’s rapper?”
Let’s not let facts get on the way. We have to believe Luke and his long standing ties to nick saban and Corey Raymond right?
I’m sure Dabo has Luke on speed dial and makes sure he visits him down at LC optimist.
Luke is such a canes loyalist? He goes to whatever coach or booster pays him or his players the most then makes up lies about it.
I’m sure al Golden didn’t want amari. Amari’s mom literally said golden called her house every day.
But Luke said on cowherd that he had to walk into Greentree with amari because we didn’t want him. There is also the story that he drove amari to tuskkkaloosa and “dared” nick saban not to offer him cause amari was “unknown”.
Even after all of that he’s still smart enough to tell everyone how all of his players want to go to UM. The only reason he tells everyone that is cause it raises the bag. These kids already know to come on campus alll the time and say the right things to do that.
Telly needs a job more than he needs Luke. The fact that we may be on the brink of doing something special and he’s disliked by most of the fan base isn’t sitting well with him. The fact that if we succeed puts his interest in direct conflict with his players interest is bothering him.

Advertisement

Let's try this again.

Get it?
Let's not forget the rumors about us having Pitino lined up when Hamilton left, and Hamilton and his assistants leaking the news to get Pitino to back out.

Let's try this again.

Get it?

Good research, the basketball job is open, flake james has no balls!

You didn’t provide any facts. I provided the obvious butch davis one without getting into the prior staffs.

Stop promoting an obvious 🤡 in order to substantiate some self-delusional fantasy of how the ‘streets’ work that has nothing to do with reality of the actual football program.

Thanks.

You either know or dont know, but once you come to understand, the True clown will become obvious!

Im from miami born in raised....yea he looked out 4 dem boys bt HE not the reason they came 2 UM...They aint say im coming 2 miami cause Luke goi look out....you sound stupid jus like buddy....Dat faciliting come after they got there...U must not be 4rm miami

You cant be from The City talking like you talking, otherwise you'd understand, but ok, carry on!

Advertisement
Back