The Last of Us...they did it

It was in the game, but it was done very differently. I think I still prefer the game version Bill (voiced by W. Earl Brown from Deadwood) , but I really liked episode 3.

When you meet Bill he is exactly like he is at the beginning of episode 3. Although I think they made him a prepper on the show to explain how Bill is so apt to survive in the apocalypse. Bill HATES Ellie and makes reference to a partner he used to have that he was burdened by having to look out for him. He tells Joel that his babysitting Ellie reminds him of that, and how his life is now easier being alone. Later, you find Frank's body after he committed suicide. Bill fights back tears and notices that Frank was bit, so he probably did it to avoid turning. So Bill being *** is more of a surprise. His personality is completely different from the stereotypical *** character, and you realize when Bill said he had a partner, he meant Partner. The game is also more sad, because after finding Frank's body, you can also find his suicide note. In the letter, Frank says he always hated Bill and would rather be dead than spend any more time with him.

Episode 3 was ******* incredible

They took a ho-hum aspect of the game and turned it into something incredible. Perfectly placed in the context of the show

Show is blowing me away

I fully admit I roll my eyes a bit at the insistence on TV and movies making sure we know *** people exists but they walked the line great in this. Yeah I still kinda cringe at certain things but that’s more about me than the show or life in general

Advertisement
Episode 3 was ******* incredible

They took a ho-hum aspect of the game and turned it into something incredible. Perfectly placed in the context of the show

Show is blowing me away

I fully admit I roll my eyes a bit at the insistence on TV and movies making sure we know *** people exists but they walked the line great in this. Yeah I still kinda cringe at certain things but that’s more about me than the show or life in general
It was so good. When they started playing the giraffe music as Bill wheeled Frank down the hall I lost it.

It was so good. When they started playing the giraffe music as Bill wheeled Frank down the hall I lost it.
Kudos to the actors as well tbh that episode could have been a cringe worthy disaster

I ended up watching it twice because it was so unexpected and shocking for someone that played the games a few times that it totally caught me off guard and I missed some of the little touches to it

I was expecting to be disappointed, even though there were some initial positive reports, but I’m very pleased so far. This is going to be a good one as long as the writing keeps up.

This is what scares me. GoT could have done 3-4 seasons per book, instead they started rushing it and it came crashing down. Don't reinvent the wheel if what you have in front of you is already pure gold.

This is what scares me. GoT could have done 3-4 seasons per book, instead they started rushing it and it came crashing down. Don't reinvent the wheel if what you have in front of you is already pure gold.
Cross that bridge when they get there I guess

For those that have played the games I really have no clue how they will handle it all

However the writers of the game story are directly involved with the games and I think that’s where we know Thrones veered of course

What they have added to the show so far that wasn’t in the game has honestly been an improvement which is crazy

Advertisement
GoT went passed the books, and you can see the difference between the books and the tv series addition. On too of all that it got exorbitantly expensive.

Cross that bridge when they get there I guess

For those that have played the games I really have no clue how they will handle it all

However the writers of the game story are directly involved with the games and I think that’s where we know Thrones veered of course

What they have added to the show so far that wasn’t in the game has honestly been an improvement which is crazy
In the behind the episodes segment, Druckman said their philosophy is "if it's better, we'll deviate from the game story." After seeing what they've changed so far, it's hard to argue that it isn't.

In the behind the episodes segment, Druckman said their philosophy is "if it's better, we'll deviate from the game story." After seeing what they've changed so far, it's hard to argue that it isn't.
Yep I’ve been watching those behind the episodes and it’s really insightful

Plus like they were saying there’s things that work in a video game that just don’t fly on tv

From an artistic and narrative standpoint Ep3 was excellent.

The relationship didn’t bother me because who cares, but the physical/kissing/bedsex scenes are just not my thing. They make me cringe. That’s just me. Just don’t think it’s necessary.

Otherwise, top notch.

Advertisement
From an artistic and narrative standpoint Ep3 was excellent.

The relationship didn’t bother me because who cares, but the physical/kissing/bedsex scenes are just not my thing. They make me cringe. That’s just me. Just don’t think it’s necessary.

Otherwise, top notch.
I never played the video game so I wasn’t sure if that was actually apart of the plot or if they just tried to shoehorn it unnecessarily.

I never played the video game so I wasn’t sure if that was actually apart of the plot or if they just tried to shoehorn it unnecessarily.

Pretty much all shoehorned.

I didn’t play the game either, but I know there was a Frank and Bill, but Frank was already dead in the game and there was no romance sequence and life together. Correct me if I’m wrong game players.

Advertisement
What are odds a doomsday prepper is *** and ***** on the first date? Not just a normal doomsday prepper.....ron ******* swanson. I know they think theyre brilliant for writing that in but it was forced. Still a good episode.

Advertisement
Interesting, I did not know that. They’re both very talented young ladies. Bella Ramsey really stood out in GOT, it was a combination of her unique look, her acting ability, and she’s just as adorable as a little puppy in GOT, but also tough as nails at the same time. It was really a very unique role and performance , and she nailed the **** out of it.

My wife and I wanted to immediately adopt her after seeing her for the first time.LOL

Bella Ramsey as Lyanna Mormont killed every single scene she was in.

I hope they can finesse Part II's story to make it better. Its story probably works better on TV than as a videogame. It makes me wonder if we get introduced to Abby at the end of this season.

I hope they dump the entire pt 2 storyline.
Abby was basically Dr. Mengele Jr, but the game makers want you to feel sympathetic towards her because Joel killed her dad. Except her dad wasn't even a doctor but he was going to murder a little girl and cut out her brain in an attempt to develop a cure that was almost certainly bound to fail (the top minds in the world likely tried to find a cure when they had access to the most sophisticated medical resources, so I doubt this wannabe medical professional is going to come up with the cure in his broken down laboratory) . And Abby was totally cool with murdering Ellie because of the infinitesimally small chance of success.

I hope they dump the entire pt 2 storyline.
Abby was basically Dr. Mengele Jr, but the game makers want you to feel sympathetic towards her because Joel killed her dad. Except her dad wasn't even a doctor but he was going to murder a little girl and cut out her brain in an attempt to develop a cure that was almost certainly bound to fail (the top minds in the world likely tried to find a cure when they had access to the most sophisticated medical resources, so I doubt this wannabe medical professional is going to come up with the cure in his broken down laboratory) . And Abby was totally cool with murdering Ellie because of the infinitesimally small chance of success.
I think they already said season 2 is going to revolve around it. Probably go even more hard core with the stuff that caused the second game to fail.

Advertisement
Back